All parent member reviews for Paranormal Activity

Adult Written bynti757 November 8, 2009

How this movie made it to the screen is unbelievable

This movie is waste of your time.....
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byAmira1976 May 22, 2012

It Is a Horror Movie After All

Whatever others say, this movie IS scary and a horror movie after all. And we all know horror movies are NOT for kids....Unfortunately, my 10 and 14 y-o kids started to watch it on YOUTUBE (I wish someone was out there to check such things and take it off ) so they believed it was a genuine home-made video... I was around and kept telling them it was not real but they got so hooked they almost jumped out of their skin at some parts. My son got really scared and so I went to the Internet to check upon the movie and I turned out to be right: it was all just a horror story made up to frighten. So I hope he will be okay and my daughter as well knowing it is all just a tale. But this experience did show how a movie can affect children if it is not age-appropriate and that we parents need to be much more careful with Youtube...:(
Adult Written byemjay11911 November 3, 2009
Lammmeeee... this movie was so boring up until the last 20 minutes, half the people in the theatre left before it was even half over. It was not scary at all. The only plus was the way it was filmed, sort of like clover field or the salem witch trial. It made it seem more real in a sense. The only thing inappropriate for children is the extent of the f word used by micah.
Adult Written byalexandras April 15, 2015

Waste

It was a waste of time. The scariest thing was when there was a spider in the bathroom. Nothing ever happened. Ever. And the ending just made me laugh at how stupid it was. I thought this movie was supposed to be scary, but no it wasn't at all.
Adult Written bygogreen November 5, 2009

Bad movie choice

VERY, VERY disappointed in this one. I kept thinking that something scary was going to happen. And I waited and waited until about the last 15 to 20 minutes of the movie before it finally had anything remotely scary to take place. That's what you see on the movie trailer when everyone jumps. It was so boring during the entire movie the teenage girl next to me kept saying are we going to watch them sleep again? Then she would start texting. So how scary is this movie? You might want to think twice before spending your money on this one because I wanted mine back!
Adult Written bytvgirl December 31, 2009

Traumatizingly Scary

Finished watching this movie like five minutes ago, which means I started it around 1:00 AM, and I will not sleep at all tonight. I am truly scared. Well made. Well written. Brillant acting. Almost too convincing. The scariest part is that this was based partially on true events.
Adult Written byGabriel Mohler June 13, 2015

Words cannot describe how stupid this movie is.

Get ready for a movie full of couples blabbering, scenes of people lying still in bed, and more F words than the amount of dollars in this movie's budget! Enjoy! Ahem. Scariest movie ever? Stupidest movie ever is more like it.
Adult Written byjacobo1 September 13, 2015

A good movie

I'd really recommend watching it and also watch the ghost dimension when it comes out
Parent of a 8 year old Written byrachel4missions November 28, 2010

almost wet my pants!

For the horror-loving teen, this movie is much better than almost any alternative I can think of. Very little gore or sexual content. The lack of any visible monster makes for an incredibly terrifying movie! Definitely not for people who hate scary movies, but I loved it.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 3, 2012

PA1

pa1 doesnt really cloify as a horror, little scary, average scary.
Adult Written bymascj001 December 12, 2011

Great for the Older Teens!

Paranormal Activity is the kind of movie that plays with your brain and takes you back to the time when you were scared of the dark and things that go bump in the night. Since it is a blood and gore free movie, it should be fine for your older teenagers to watch. Keep in mind that there is a lot of bad language and a few sexual situations, so if you are uncomfortable with your child watching themes such as that, this is not the movie for you. For Kids under 16 there is a high risk that they will leave the movie scared to sleep in their bed at night and even start using the bad language both characters use when they are scared. Other than that its a great movie for those thrill seekers who are sick of the stereotypical gory thrillers.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bydadthatprotects October 21, 2010
great movie. not too much violence and its a real scare for kids. i would recommend it to all. not much language or violence either so let your kids watch it
Parent of a 3 year old Written byblue waffle May 12, 2010

Jeepers creepers

I think paranormal activity is extremely unique because it didn't need any blood or gore to scare me and leaves that creepy feeling at the mysterious ending. It still has a bit of language that is appropriate for smaller children but anybody 11 and up is ok, but be warned if you are easily scared don't bother watching this great indie horror
Parent of a 4 year old Written bywoodchuck October 26, 2009

boooo

this movie was so bad. it wasnt scary at all the last 20 minutes were ok but thats it. dont waste your time
Parent of a 2, 5, 9, and 13 year old Written byBLJ75 October 25, 2009
***SPOILER ALERT ON THE POST BELOW THIS ONE*** Just wanted to put that here for others who don't want to have the movie totally ruined by reading the post by wumb below. I'm going to see this movie today with my 13-year-old son and wanted to make sure there wasn't any major sexual content. I didn't, however, expect to find the "surprise" ending laid out for me in a review. Thanks a lot wumb. How about next time you say at the beginning that your review contains spoilers so others who haven't seen the movie don't read your review. I mean... that's the #1 reason people are coming to this site... to see how the movie rates BEFORE they go and see it.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byJillanjake2 April 4, 2014
Some teens may find it irrisistable it is supposed to give you nightmares Demon are always there your never safe snapping necks is common and killing without remorse or punishment this horror is not appropate for kids
Adult Written byAmericanplaya217 July 24, 2013

okay but not all that

The movie is violent in terrifying, unseen prescenses, there is graphic language throughout.
Parent Written byChrisMakealah May 29, 2013

Important Fact Most People Seem To Have Forgotten

While there is no gore or on screen deaths in the original ending, parents need to know that most of these reviews neglect to mention the fact that there are three different endings, one of them involving a character being shot(off screen), one of them involving a character being violently hurled at the camera to their death(no blood or gore) and one ending involving a character walking straight up to the camera and slitting their own throat. ( The last of these being known as the Alternate ending if you wish to avoid it, the first is the original and the second is the theatrical. You are most likely to see the theatrical) I was pleasantly surprised with this movie because it did an excellent job building up a scary atmosphere without scary images or gore(scary image at the end of the theatrical version however). Even so, this does not mean I'd recommend it for children. Know your child before they watch this movie. I'd recommend for possibly 8th graders and up. The majority of the movie isn't scary-I think the reason I was scared was primarily an over active imagination. I watched the ending to the theatrical version.
Parent Written byMandin October 2, 2012

Is very, very bad

Watching this movie is a lost of time this movie isnt scary i saw the 3 parts and i wasnt scared just dont lose money in theather for the 4 just wait till get in dvd
Adult Written bylemonlover July 19, 2012

It's a pretty scary movie.

The movie has about 45 uses of f**k. There is also sexual disscussion and the movie is scary.