Kid reviews for Parental Guidance

Predictable family comedy isn't deserving of its stars.

Teen, 14 years old Written bydancer365 December 25, 2012

Great for an older audience.

I did love this movie, but I am after all 14. There was a lot of kissing, and rude humor also once reffering to a girl as really ugly and a man for being blind to propose to her. I felt that was rude and unneccesary, but the audience found it funny. There was some drinking while the couple was on vacation but it wasn't bad at all. No one got drunk, so it was fine. Also, once in the first night scene, the lady wore a revealing top which I don't feel was fit for kids to watch. The movie was very humorous, though, and my family was able to find a connection from the movie into our daily lives. I feel like if you are willing to expose your kids to these things, this movie is a great family movie and it displays a wonderful positive message. It is a very relatable movie, which is what I felt was the most attention grabber for me personally. :)

Teen, 13 years old Written by18mlove March 20, 2013

Parental Guidance review

If you want a laugh than see this movie. It is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. I loved this movie. Other reviews say it has sex in it, but it doesn't (oh ya sex is totally hugging! NOT!!!). I think it gives a good message that you should like people for who they are, not who you want them to be, like your grandparents.

Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2013

OK, but I did not like it

alright, but it was predictable

Teen, 13 years old Written bydeJong May 23, 2013

Family friendly

This was a very family friendly movie! It was funny but never inappropriate. This is only mild drinking and references to smoking a cigarette. The world view is views on different types on parenting. It is a very good, cute, touching movie. This is a fav of mine! :D

Teen, 13 years old Written byKayla502802 May 23, 2013

the grandparents story

this movie is about grandparents that want to visit their grandchildren more and they run into some fun dramatic troubles then they finally get what they wanted.
Kid, 12 years old July 4, 2013

Really good!

This movie is really awesome! Kids will absolutely love it's humor and how hilarious it is. ESPN in mentioned a LOT, mainly about the X games and Tony Hawk. Other main seen products are an apple ipod, and the Saw movie. Parents drink in one scene and the two parents are in what looks like a club at one point. Overall, a great movie.

Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2015

OK

It's a just okay movie. It's not memorable. I can relate to the girl in the movie who plays the violin, but later she quits. I have NO idea why!
Kid, 12 years old May 23, 2013

Parental Guidance

A movie about these grandparents who want to get closer to their grandchildren but cant can't prove themselves in a good way to the kids' parents. The grandpa messes everything up but finally proves they can take care of kids and not be the other grandparents. Fun movie but kind of predictable but really funny.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCole9678 December 28, 2012

Pair in til guy dance (see what i did there?)

This movie was VERY funny, but it's one of those comedies that are going to bore the kids because they won't know what's going on. Billy Crystal, of course, does his hilarious improv works of art, which made the movie more enjoyable. There isn't anything inappropriate in the movie except for this scene in the beginning which has a bunch of old women in a room pole dancing, but they were fully clothed and I don't think kids would get the picture. This movie is more appealing for families with 12 to 15 year old kids rather than 7 to 9 year old kids, but it would definitely be labeled under the family section if you ask me. So overall, not the BEST movie, but not a WASTE or bad movie.

Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2014

Great

Grandfather gets hit A couple drinks on a vacation Pole dancing Kids get black eyes. (2)

Kid, 11 years old November 4, 2013

Very funny movie for the whole family to enjoy!

This movie is so funny! It's perfect for tweens and their family to see. Kids under the age of 9 might not understand some things, and there is some name calling and a 5-year old boy going to the place skateboards are ridden. Also, 2 adults are shown drinking wine, but nothing too bad.
Kid, 11 years old May 27, 2014

Misleading.

This is only the fourth movie from Common Sense that I did not agree with. I love this movie, and it is very good. Billy Crystal from Monsters, Inc. did another great job of acting and all of the movie was very funny and cool. I think most families will enjoy this. I agree with the MPAA rating for this one.

Kid, 12 years old May 19, 2014

Best movie ever

Very funny and very good messages

Kid, 12 years old January 3, 2013

Parental Guidance was a cute, feel good movie!

I loved this movie! Its perfects for tweens to see! Any kid under twelve I think wouldn't understand the true message of this movie but there is barely any sex or violence in this movies and very few language. Its a really cute movie for the whole family!

Kid, 8 years old March 14, 2017

This is a great movie stop saying it's horrible

This movie is just awesome! Why did it get 2/5 CSM? It’s just plain funny. Just watch it. I can see why people don’t like it, but I can’t see why they hate it. You might not like it but my family and I love it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHeheGonzalo August 16, 2016

My rating: PG for some rude humor

Teen, 14 years old Written byRileyAnn June 26, 2016

Great movie!

Perfect for the family! A bit of potty humor, but nothing that I would classify as swearing. Older ladies (around 50-60) are seen pole dancing for about 30 seconds , but are fully clothed and clothes are not removed. The kids are very cute and funny! Some adult jokes that younger kids would not likely understanding, and would go in one ear and out the other. Their is a mean teacher who yells at a 12 year old girl and makes her practice her violin from sunrise to sunset. I don't think a hug and a quick kiss between parents counts as sex.

Kid, 9 years old July 25, 2015

great for the family

kids under 5 shouldn't watch this movie alone just because of some mild (and I mean mild) squirt gun violence

Kid, 11 years old November 2, 2014

Blaah

Violence-2 (Mild themes)

Kid, 12 years old November 2, 2014

Both my sister and I liked it.

My sister and I just watched it this morning because it was on TV. It is now my favorite movie and I didn't see anything wrong with it. Very funny and kid friendly. My sister is 5 and I'm 12 and it was a good fit for both of us. :)