A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this movie.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about the effect that violence has on Parkland's characters. How do they react? How does the bloody/gory hospital scene fit into the movie?
- Does this movie give an idea of who Kennedy was? Or is it more about how he affected people? What's the difference? How does this movie compare to any other JFK movies you may have seen?
- Two of the characters are interested in making money from the tragedy. How does the movie view them?
- Who are the bravest and noblest of the characters? Are they role models? What can you learn from them?
- In theaters: October 4, 2013
- On DVD or streaming: November 5, 2013
- Cast: James Badge Dale, Paul Giamatti, Zac Efron
- Director: Peter Landesman
- Studio: Exclusive Media
- Genre: Drama
- Topics: History
- Run time: 93 minutes
- MPAA rating: PG-13
- MPAA explanation: bloody sequences of ER trauma procedures, some violent images and language, and smoking throughout
- Last updated: March 16, 2020
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
For kids who love history
Our editors recommend
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.
Streaming options powered by JustWatch