All parent member reviews for Paul Blart: Mall Cop

Parent of a 4, 7, and 11 year old Written by3kidsmama June 15, 2009

You should preview this movie before letting your child see it.

This movie was fun for me and my husband to watch...but not my children. I made a bad parenting move by not checking out Common Sense Media before letting my 11 yr. old buy this movie today. As we watched it, I was mortified by the drinking scene. I didn't like the bad language and violence either but that she knows better about. The drinking was to me the worst part...my child is entering middle school. This is the age when they are very likely going to be confronted with this issue. I need positive role models who show my child that getting drunk is not fun or funny. This movie had the potential to be a great movie for tweens. You don't need the bad language and alcohol to make a movie funny. When is Hollywood going to get this?!
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion January 18, 2009

A Hilarious Comedy for the Family...

PAUL BLART: MALL COP seemed to me, from the trailer, horribly stupid and simple. It seemed like one of those films where the only funny parts were in the trailer. Well, it's not, and it's a great family comedy that will leave everyone in stitches. Language consists of several "a*s"s and one "go to hell". There are some mild innuendos, but no sex. There is the threat of violence and mention of "silencing" hostages and "putting a bullet in your head". Fortunately, all the on-screen violence is comic (pratfalls, stunts, etc.). This is a great movie, highlighted by the clever script and Kevin James's performance as Blart. He's a great guy; a hero you can root for, and his on-screen adventures come without much objectionable content.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byWilliam Adrian ... September 5, 2009
This movie is unbelievable!! My kids wanted to see this so I decided to let them . We all went to see it and left during the middle of it . It was very violent and language was horrible . He got very drunk in one part , he gets hit with a skateboard and falls through a tall window . I don't think it's a kids movie at all!! Sex was extreme too . Not even for adults .
Parent of a 7, 11, and 13 year old Written byproverbs226mom July 3, 2009

fine for seven and up

The movie had some very funny scenes in it. I watched it with my children and thought that it was a good movie.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byB12 June 3, 2009

Fun and goofy for family friendly viewing

Goofy movie with ninja style action.
Parent Written byTheUltimateDad December 27, 2010

Good Movie

I watched this and I loved it. Very funny comedy. Most people would like this movie.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byYOUTUBEYAY July 29, 2009
i LOVE this movie and theres no shi*
Parent of a 7 and 8 year old Written bysoph May 31, 2009
mean spirited not family friendly very weird
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byMoira May 31, 2009

Awful awful awful movie!!!!!

Awful movie. Couldn't watch the whole thing. Bored and didn't laugh at all. My 10 yr old daughter did finish it but didn't laugh either. Was basically a toned down action movie for tweens. Made fun of fat people, had information about hypoglycemia all wrong and no laughs (well I chuckled once truth be told). Too much violence, too much insulting of fat people and boring!
Parent of a 6 year old Written byTheMoopies May 26, 2009
Adult Written byMs.Mommy May 24, 2009

Should Be PG-13

I went to go see this movie with my son who is 13 and we both thought it was a good movie with a nice moral at the end. However i felt it should've been PG-13 due to all the violence in it. There were also some sex jokes that didnt need to be there and the scene where he got drunk wasnt very funny. Better for older kids
Adult Written byage 10+ April 22, 2012

great family flick for older kids

Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 4, 2012

Paul Blart: MalL Cop

kevin james is always in silly movies this one is silly retarded.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bylulugiru August 24, 2010

Good Family movie

Love it
Adult Written by4Spice October 24, 2009

good for family 9 and up

veryyyyy funny for family worth watching 9 and up
Adult Written byjoolz_43344 January 28, 2009

funniest movie I've seen in ages!

Consistantly funny and I really enjoyed it. I went out of the theater really liking it, not regretting I saw it. I guess I really needed a good laugh!
Parent Written byI love Paul Blart November 10, 2015

Best movie known to man

Forget any other movie you have ever heard about or seen. Paul Blart Mall Cop is the perfect combination of comedy and action. This is the best horror film I've seen in a while. I took all 9 of my kids to see it with me, and another 4 I found on the street. All of them loved it. I loved it. I loved it so so so so much. If you say this movie was bad you either hate the ground you walk on or are too dumb to appreciate the best movie of our generation. I keep merchandise from the movie around at all times. It has become religious. Don't see this movie if you hate having the best time of your life. My only regret is I couldn't give it more stars.
Adult Written bywally14 June 22, 2012

Not for the educational setting

Not for an educational setting. There is one scene with excessive drinking and this is brought up again on multiple occasions. I work in a setting with pts who have substance abuse issues and if this could at all be an issue for individuals in your setting it would be a negative trigger due to it showing getting excessively drunk in a funny way.
Adult Written byJRCrews20 June 21, 2012

Good movie

Its a good movie, I wouldn't have expected to see a fat security guard on a segway, save a mall from thieves.
Adult Written bykeeyan January 29, 2012

paul blart mall cop

this movie is really really FUNNY