A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this movie.
What parents need to know
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about Pawn Shop Chronicles' crazy violence. What's the intent of these shocking images? Who do you think they're meant to appeal to?
- The sexual slavery sequence is perhaps the most disturbing thing in the movie. Parents, talk to your teens about your own values related to sex and relationships.
- How does the movie portray drugs? Does it make them seem at all appealing? Are there any realistic consequences?
- In theaters: July 12, 2013
- On DVD or streaming: August 27, 2013
- Cast: Brendan Fraser, Matt Dillon, Paul Walker
- Director: Wayne Kramer
- Studio: Anchor Bay Entertainment
- Genre: Comedy
- Run time: 112 minutes
- MPAA rating: R
- MPAA explanation: violence, sexual material, graphic nudity, pervasive language and some drug use
- Last updated: March 16, 2020
Our editors recommend
For kids who love scares
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.
Streaming options powered by JustWatch