All teen and kid member reviews for Pee-Wee's Big Adventure

Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Great, Bizarre, and Hilarious!

Pee Wee's Big Adventure is a hilarious film, and it's worth noting that this is Tim Burton's first movie, and it's a great start for a great director. It's approrpiate for kids about 5 or older, although the scenes with the creepy clowns and Large Marge may be a bit too creepy. Pee Wee says 'crappy' and 'burn in hell' is sang in a song. Good for kids 5 or 6+
Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2010
Loved this movie. I've watched it like five times. His awesome humor is so stinking cool!!! Love it!!!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

i loved it

sweet and charming thats all i have to say
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny April 13, 2011

Super funny!

If there was anyone weirder and wackier than Peewee Herman I would be very well surprised. I never really thought much about Peewee before, but after this movie I do. He is now one of my favorite children's television icons. The movie itself is highly entertaining and comedic. I found the part where Peewee was trying escape on his bicycle laugh-out-loud funny. Where the Santa Clause and Godzilla are being dragged on the sleigh. The movie is moderately child-friendly. There is a kissing scene in Peewee's movie, he also says "crappy", and "burn in hell" sung over and over again in one part, but it isn't that bad compared to other movie's I've seen before. It may not be a classic, but it is for me.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 5, 2012

So Good

This is one of my personal favorites, but some people may find Pee Wee very annoying
Teen, 15 years old Written bywillbarchi April 9, 2008

woo! Cult Classic!

oooh, what a great movie. The breakfast machine and large marge are all classic scenes. Some parts are questionable... Pee-wee can be bratty and crazy at times (mainly around Francis) and there is abit of mild language...(pee-wee says crappy, hell is used aswell as some violent language used by the bikers...) and some scary scenes (large marge always freaks me out and those clowns are creepy!) Overall, a hilarious movie for everyone to enjoy
Teen, 15 years old Written byKmfan97 September 19, 2015

defenitley a great comedy film from one of my all time favorite film makers tim burton! they just dont make movies like this anymore:-(

I'm 15 and I have loved tim burton ever since my mom took me to a 3d 're release of the nightmare before christmas when I was a little kid so I decided I would watch this today on netflix because I kept hearing great things about it first of all and second the actress erica yohn who played mama mousekawitz in one of my favorite animated movies an american tail was in this movie playing the small part of madame ruby. Mainly the first reason though. In case you don't know the plot it's about pee wee herman played by paul rubens who loves the bike that he owns so much it's practically his wife and one day when it gets stolen he goes on a road trip across america to get it back. And the whole movie is a fun roller coaster ride of insane laughter and craziness. Like I said just now the movie is really hilarious and the majority of the great comedy comes from paul rubens as pee wee who several years ago had controversy surrounding him. He's doing just fine now however and let's definitely not go into detail about the controversy surrounding rubens. I think this movie definitely is appropriate for young kids to see you just have to be careful when you let a kid under say 9 years old watch it because pee wee does have two dreams in the movie that little ones may be frightened by, especially the dream he has near the end which has a bunch of scary clowns. Despite me being in my teens I was still pretty creeped out by thatscene so I say that you should avoid it if you're really afraid of clowns or just fast forward through the scene. Plus if you don't see it coming the large marge scene could startle even older viewers. I knew it was coming before I saw it so I didn't get scared but I might have been if I didn't know. Theare is no sex in this movie but the closest thing to that is in a scene where you see a woman wearing a dress that reveals cleavage. No swear words either but the sentence burn in hell is used a couple times during the climax and there is one use of crap soif you don't allow your kids to say that word make sure they don't repeat it. I know I wasn't allowed to say crap when I was younger. Overall this was a fantastic movie and I highly recommend that you watch it with your kids because it's funny, it has a good story, it has good and funny characters especially pee wee. What more could you want? Go and watch this right now if you have the netflix streaming service!
Teen, 14 years old Written byyont_fabnegation July 10, 2015

Love it!

Haha this movie was hilarious! I think I saw this a few years ago, maybe when I was 9ish but I thought it was the best thing ever! ^_^
Kid, 9 years old September 9, 2013

News Flash: The Rebel Gets Famous!

Great movie. Pee-wee and his bike star in their own movie. Pee- where's neighbor, Francis, yells some language at him and steals his bike. There is one gun point by a criminal Pee-Wee is sitting next to in a car. That car falls off a cliff, and Pee-Wee is left in the middle of nowhere. In the movie, Warner Bros. Studios is involved because they have his bike. He takes it, flees, and rescues pets from a fire in a pet shop. In the end, Warner Bros. makes his adventure in to a action movie with famous actors and actresses. In the beginning, they fight a gang of ninjas. They show it at Pee- Wee's favorite drive-in. His breakfast machine is pretty cool, too. My name is bookiereviewer42.
Kid, 12 years old June 20, 2011

5 stars!

I just love this movie! It's totally safe and innocent and Paul Reubens (Pee Wee) is a hilarious classic character. It's perfect for the whole family.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 25, 2011

Not Bad At All

Pee-wee says "crap". That is it for language. The only thing even a little bit bad is that at one point in the movie, Pee-wee says he's a "rebel" which brings up gangs and so forth. Other than those elements, the movie is not bad at all.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHunter.O July 2, 2016

I might have enjoyed this too much.

Okay this movie is great! But, since Tim Burton did direct it, there are some things that would definitely scare kids. Large Marge anyone? Yes she and her story are quite scary, and so is Pee Wee's second dream. But, if you are holding a remote while watching it with your kids it should be fine. Also Some things that might bother parents: Pee Wee dresses like a girl (will helping a criminal, whom he believed just cut the tag off of a mattress), He mentions "Big But", not how you think though, and he enters a bar full of dark people. These things don't bother me though, especially if I watched it with a 10 year old. It really depends on the kid.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIzzy13 August 4, 2015

Awful

It is a waste of time. My little brother (9) loves it. But the rest of my family agrees that it is the worst. It is ridiculous and pee wee is a grown guy acting like a six year old. Young kids Might like it but older kids probably won't.
Kid, 12 years old March 11, 2014

THIS IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE EVER!!!

Kid, 11 years old August 15, 2009