Kid reviews for Pee-Wee's Big Adventure

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Poster Image

Ummm..okay... -_-

When I was 8/9, I watched this movie, over, and over again. There is nothing bad in it from what I remember. There is this one part that made me terrified when I was little.

I Love This Crazy Movie

This movie is really, really weird. It was legendary gothic fantasy director Tim Burton’s directorial debut, and Paul Reubens as Pee-Wee Herman either disgusts or charms, depending on the kind of person you are. I personally love this zany, wacky movie that you really can tell was made with a lot of love. It’s a comedy with very funny moments, lots of heart, and memorable characters. Although, Large Marge, whose tongue and eyes comically fly out in a claymation jump scare, frightened me QUITE a bit as a kid. I still flinch at that part. But besides her, this a fun, kitschy movie that I’d recommend viewing beforehand, because its campiness isn’t for everyone. As someone who loves camp, though, it is near and dear. One of my all time favorite movies.

Warn some of the younger audiences!

Pee Wee's Big Adventure, ah yes. This piece of magnificent art belongs with the Mona Lisa. Just kidding, though it's very good. Now, heave my warning; Some stuff in this movie can be just plain ol' creepy! Like, for example, Large Marge (can't forget her) and the Clown Dream sequence. (Might recommend children who don't have clown phobias to watch it. ) and.. DINOSAUR!! *jurassic park theme, bass boosted plays* Ah yes, purple Tim Burton dinosaur. (Oh, forgot to mention; this movie is directed by Tim Burton) Other than the scary stuff, the music by Danny Elfman is great. Pee Wee Herman is a funny character. And overall, it's a pretty funny family movie. I recommend this movie!

large marge :|

large mare gave me nightmares when i was 5. its SOOOO corny and you parents should know about this scene so stop hating REEEEEE.

Weird but not bad

This movie was very weird. It was kind of stupid and odd. Basically a weirdly dressed man had a bike that was his most prized possession. It got stolen an he went crazy. He traveled thousands of miles to find his bike. As from the title PeeWee went on an adventure. Although it was kind of dumb, I still enjoyed it. — What’s in the movie? Violence/Scariness - Pee-Wee has several pratfalls and nightmares and is involved in a few cartoonish bike and foot chases. Pee-Wee and Francis wrestle underwater, and Pee-Wee holds his head under, but neither of them is injured. A jealous boyfriend is bent on catching Pee-Wee and at one point shows a gun, but no one is hurt. A car appears to crash, but again, there are no casualties. In a couple of nightmare sequences, there are visions of potentially frightening clowns, devils, and dinosaurs. Large Marge may scare younger kids.

Goofy fun!

This film is a childhood favorite of mine. It's a silly, goofy, and weird adventure film. You should know that there is a nightmare sequence that may disturb some younger kids. This also has comical violence and some cleavage.

Haha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah! This movie is extremely funny. I love the slapstick comedy. I really enjoyed this movie. I though Paul Reubens's acting was great. This movie reminds me of "Spongebob". This movie does not drag a bit. It's one of those movies that when you finish it, your sides ache because you laughed so hard. This fun family comedy movie is about Pee Wee and his extraordinary life. The most important thing in Pee Wee's life is his bike. Pee Wee goes shopping and when he walks out of Chuck's Bike-O-Rama he finds out that his bike was stolen! Bum! Bum! Bum! Later he goes to a person who sees the future and she tells Pee-Wee that his bike is in the Alamo. This leads Pee-Wee to go on a big adventure. The funny thing is that when we see Large Marge's face, I screamed. The reason I think this movie is OK for kids eight and up is because there is some slapstick violence, mild language and Large Marge is somewhat creepy. Overall I recommend this movie to anyone who wants to watch a silly comedy movie.

I might have enjoyed this too much.

Okay this movie is great! But, since Tim Burton did direct it, there are some things that would definitely scare kids. Large Marge anyone? Yes she and her story are quite scary, and so is Pee Wee's second dream. But, if you are holding a remote while watching it with your kids it should be fine. Also Some things that might bother parents: Pee Wee dresses like a girl (will helping a criminal, whom he believed just cut the tag off of a mattress), He mentions "Big But", not how you think though, and he enters a bar full of dark people. These things don't bother me though, especially if I watched it with a 10 year old. It really depends on the kid.

defenitley a great comedy film from one of my all time favorite film makers tim burton! they just dont make movies like this anymore:-(

I'm 15 and I have loved tim burton ever since my mom took me to a 3d 're release of the nightmare before christmas when I was a little kid so I decided I would watch this today on netflix because I kept hearing great things about it first of all and second the actress erica yohn who played mama mousekawitz in one of my favorite animated movies an american tail was in this movie playing the small part of madame ruby. Mainly the first reason though. In case you don't know the plot it's about pee wee herman played by paul rubens who loves the bike that he owns so much it's practically his wife and one day when it gets stolen he goes on a road trip across america to get it back. And the whole movie is a fun roller coaster ride of insane laughter and craziness. Like I said just now the movie is really hilarious and the majority of the great comedy comes from paul rubens as pee wee who several years ago had controversy surrounding him. He's doing just fine now however and let's definitely not go into detail about the controversy surrounding rubens. I think this movie definitely is appropriate for young kids to see you just have to be careful when you let a kid under say 9 years old watch it because pee wee does have two dreams in the movie that little ones may be frightened by, especially the dream he has near the end which has a bunch of scary clowns. Despite me being in my teens I was still pretty creeped out by thatscene so I say that you should avoid it if you're really afraid of clowns or just fast forward through the scene. Plus if you don't see it coming the large marge scene could startle even older viewers. I knew it was coming before I saw it so I didn't get scared but I might have been if I didn't know. Theare is no sex in this movie but the closest thing to that is in a scene where you see a woman wearing a dress that reveals cleavage. No swear words either but the sentence burn in hell is used a couple times during the climax and there is one use of crap soif you don't allow your kids to say that word make sure they don't repeat it. I know I wasn't allowed to say crap when I was younger. Overall this was a fantastic movie and I highly recommend that you watch it with your kids because it's funny, it has a good story, it has good and funny characters especially pee wee. What more could you want? Go and watch this right now if you have the netflix streaming service!