Kid reviews for Penelope

Penelope Poster Image

Interesting but not child friendly

This movie is very interesting and has some good morals. It has language like Sh*t and they really shout it out, it has some passionate kissing but it is ok (in my case). Commonsense said it was 10+ but I strongly disagree. This site has never let me down when watching movies and series but in this case they have when I was watching it with my sister I was really shocked by the language because they said it was not present yet, it was. It was a good movie but not for people under the age of twelve or thirteen. This movie also has drinking and drunkenness' I highly recommend for people over 12.

eh

i think its okay in terms of loving yourself, but what i really hate is how everybody (99% lol, especially the mom) is judging her when she didnt even look that bad? it kind of teaches young ones that looking like that is bad (despite the main character loving herself in the end) but then again, it was made in 2006, and things were different then oh and she said she would kill herself, so thats not really appropriate lol
An absolutely beautiful story about self love and the power that it hold above those around you. The occasional 'S**t' is said, but no the less beautiful. Funny and scenes that want to make you ball your eyes out, I sure did. An under rated film that deserves more love.

Too much

Boring

This movie was really boring at some parts. There was a lot of love stuff, but (luckily) no sex. the ending was good, but overall, this is not the movie to watch on movie night.

Boring

A Favorite

Great soundtrack, great cast, and really artsy. They combine modern with vintage, and have a mix of English and American cast, so you can never tell where it's supposed to take place. The reason I say nine and up is that there is some mild cursing (da** or hel_). Many kids younger than that could probably see it. It's most enjoyable for kids 5th grade and up.

Pretty good

Its a pretty good movie, me and my sister enjoyed it. Definitely a tween sleepover movie

too much for young kids

its too much based on a man througing all his money away on gambling and playing cards.not a very good kissing scene

this movie rocks. it is a great family film. there is a book 2