Parent reviews for Peppermint

Garner deserves better than grisly, tone-deaf revenge film.

Adult Written bySpookyZ September 15, 2019

Great Action Movie

Amazing movie with revenge in mind, but lands up taking down a full drug problem & bad people who are paid off. Wish we had someone like this in SA. Never give up or forget your family.

Parent of a 9 and 11-year-old Written bytifftoe February 8, 2019

Garner kicks

What I love about this movie is that it is not realistic. It does however play on the realistic desires of ppl to see justice prevail and the bad guys wiped off the face of the earth. Ppl reviewing badly below obviously think other action films involving male actors are realistic but let’s be honest here, all action movies are just that, movies. But I just want to add, my 130lb mother-in-law’s beat the tar out of grown men, and if she can do it at 60 yrs old then so can a 30-something who’s in incredible shape and very determined.

As far as cinematic quality...lots of great action effects, super realistic flesh wounds and gun shots, explosions and fight scenes. Garner shows up with buffed arms and speedy skills she’s acquired over the past 5 years, after she’s robed a bank to fund her worldwide journey to make make like a ghost and turn her body into a lethal machine. If you can’t imagine what that entails, grow a brain. Her acting is impeccable and her expressions believable and empathetic.

Is it dark? Well, if your family was shot down and you were left with nothing but a failed justice system, do you think you’d be in a happy sunny place? No. The cartel is not light, it is dark. It murders without remorse, it drugs up the lost and abuses women and children. And of course, they use a lot of foul language...that IS realistic. On that note, what do you expect? Girlfriend’s got to get dark to carry out the task of avenging her family.

As a parent and teacher, I appreciate the aspect of her seeing her child in the faces of the children she encounters. The feeling of wanting to make things right for all kids who may be affected by horrible gang violence, drugs, homelessness and abuse. This movie rocks! It’s potent and in your face...literally....she shoots a lot of ppl in the face. Bloody yes. The bloodiest, no. If you’re looking for a great action flick that’s on the Die Hard level and very empowering then this movie is for you.

If I could say something positive about it? There’s no female nudity. Hooray! Imagine that, an entertaining film without nudity. Not an extreme amount of foul or vulgar language. No sex. Message? Don’t join the cartel. Don’t kill people’s families, and you won’t get killed. Eye for an eye. Live by the gun, die by the gun.

I think a lot of “Christians” like to read these reviews on common sense media so I’ll say this to you. Do you read the Bible? Is there a story in there that isn’t somehow dark and twisted? Well, I read it, and I can’t think of one. There’s some pretty messed up folks and situations in there. It wouldn’t be interesting and have a message if there wasn’t.

Peppermint, which is named so bc of the daughters ice cream choice in a moment of familial exctasy moments before the tragedy (another detail missed by another reviewer), leaves room for a sequel....awesome!!! Plot holes? What hero movie doesn’t have them? It’s rated R so I’m not sure why you’d let your kids watch it anyway. I only gave it 4 stars bc some of the other actors are subpar and lack character development, and the soundtrack could be better. Entertaining film worthy of 4 stars and the home library.

Adult Written byGreenThumb January 3, 2019

Teens and up

Great movie. Very emotional . Little kids will not understand and the violence involves blades , fists, and guns along with lots of blood from wounds .

Adult Written byJoshuaL0928 December 16, 2018

Over the top violence and language in gory Jennifer Garner thriller.

This movie is perfect for teenagers, but the violence is extremely insane it includes bloody stabbing, close up wounds, many gun shooting with blood, lots of head wounds shown with blood spatter and blood spilling. Several tortures, explosions, and stand offs. It also has an excessive amount of language especially f—k. It has no positive messages, but it has a great female lead, who is on a mission to avenge her family.

Adult Written byDarkKnight December 12, 2018

This is my Kind of "Chick Flick"

Think of Death Wish but with a female lead character. Garner is excellent in this role, even though the critics panned it the viewers contradict them by a longshot. 10% critics rating on Rotten Tomatoes, but 74% viewers rating. That should say something right there.
Adult Written byNiweera December 10, 2018

Still don't understand why it is called Peppermint!

Jennifer Gardner movie, shows a grieving mother, who lost her husband and child in a tragic shooting, and she is a quest of self improvement quest with a hint of vengeance. She fights against the failing justice system and let's hope she gets what she want, and if not there will be a shower of bullets...

Adult Written byShockwave December 10, 2018

Plot hole after plot hole after plot hole!

What utter garbage. School mom witnesses the murder of her husband and child daughter.. after getting angry at the court case is told by the judge she is being sent to a mental facility (which made no sense) manages to escape custody and disappears with no effort to chase or recapture. After only 5 years reappears as a highly trained ninja warrior special forces one women army/super hero without any explanation! Its then just senseless nonesense scene after scene saving the best til last. At the end of the film she gets shot by police from a few feet away whilst a police helicopter is monitoring from above and somehow disappears right before everyone's eyes having fled into open ground with the chopper saying "we lost visual" she must have X-Men type abilities. I mean REALLY wtf?? Absolute garbage film with more plot holes than I could count!

Adult Written byNone12345 October 5, 2018
I think this is an amazingly well done film, there is lots of profanity, but I’m sotuations that are understandable ( kids dying etc) I think there was a descent amount of violence but it has a good story line and isn’t all over the place. I think kids 13 and over should be able to watch this film as it is a good film over all

Adult Written byEliteMovieCritic September 11, 2018

Revenge movie, that does not satisfy

UN-realistic. Unbelievable, Revenge film that is horribly spirited and a dark film throughout. for a True action film goer its Ridiculous and the pretense and back story, set up is unstable at best. This film is wrong from every angle you look at it. Based on dark spirited gang members, and other very worldly characters, gruesomely, participating in Violence, Drug sales, and other elements of darkness that include casually Immodesty, Foul language, cursing etc...
The very feel and spirit of the film while watching the movie, is dark. and unsatisfying. The revenge that is promoted in the film is obviously not eternity based. The dilemma is that you have these horrible people that are in desperate need of their hearts healed, and need to be saved from themselves and then the heroine comes along and has some great logical and emotional reason to act as she does, but Spiritually, and Realistically and Healthy wise She clearly needs Heart Healing herself. In this film evil is paid back with more death. and the movie never makes it clear how the antagonist within 5 years knows all kinds of tactical and fighting skills. And for the honest logicians its never realistic for a 100 pound human to over power a 250 pound human, in pushing strength. parts like that, especially in ever popularly up and coming films featuring a lead Heroine, make the movie UN-believable not better. its simple logic that a much lighter weight human needs to have some sweet choreographed, slick and quick moves for reason to over take a human much heavier than they are.

Adult Written byRobspicks September 10, 2018

I know the critics hated this film, but i found it totally entertaining

You know, I may not say ..... lets take the whole family out to this movie, however, as an adult this film is as good as anything else thats ever been made as a revenge flick. J. Garnier is an incredible actress and does a terrific job of selling everything this movie sets out to be. I'll go see the next one!
Ive found to not always trust the critics! I wonder if any of them could do better with this story line!

Adult Written byshaunna151 September 8, 2018

Great action and awesome ending

This was a really good movie. It is the edge of your seat action, suspenseful, and has a wonderful ending! I can't figure out the critics reviews because the audience at my theater was clapping at the end of the movie.