All teen and kid member reviews for Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters

Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2013

PJO Rocks!

Nice movie, better than 1st. Deserved 3 stars at least. Monsters might be a bit scary, blah,blah,blah. Just inaccurate quality rating.
Kid, 10 years old August 12, 2013

Awesome!!!

This movie is so awesome!!! It followed the book better than the last movie and the acting was great!!! I think that it sent lots of positive messages about brotherhood and friendship. The special effects were way better than the last movies' special effects! PG is a good rating for this movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybooklover9999 August 12, 2013

Nothing like the book!!!!!!!

This movie wasn't like the book at all the ending was all over the place and the special effects were nothing great its not really worth seeing in my opinion. Overall no one should bother to see the film if they cherish the awesomeness of the book.
Kid, 11 years old January 19, 2014

I Hate This Movie

This is the worst movie of 2013. K? It really sucks. Ya know the girl who plays Annabeth she is like 27 !!!!!! This is really crazy You might say I'm crazy because u guys are crazy fans but i not kidding. They never get anything correct i luv the books but the movies are bad.
Kid, 12 years old September 20, 2013

Disappointing.

I'll admit it. The graphics were pretty awesome. Kronos looked amazing! However, the movie was in no way true to the book. Percy read the prophecy three movies too early.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDestroyer334545 August 10, 2013

BAD

Don't see it
Kid, 10 years old October 14, 2013

BAD BAD AND MORE BAD!

So baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. This movie is so messed up! For fans who like a movie that leaves the book's plot far behind, then this is the film for you! If you are like me and want a movie that shows the book a little respect, then don't bother. SPOILER ALERT: Kronos comes back and they defeat him all in about ten minutes. Whhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaattttttttt??????? This movie is terrible!
Kid, 11 years old August 24, 2013

Predictable, Okay Sequel Doesn't Live Up To The Book

Rebiew by rsm2. Predictable, okay sequel doesn't live up to the book. Key moments in the plot were cut out, which will greatly annoy Percy Jackson faithfuls. Acting is fine,but a little bit cheesy. I liked it, but I know most other people won't.
Teen, 14 years old Written byzozotanarg14 August 9, 2013

Chance

I really loved this film I went to see it in the cinema today. It's action-packed yet emotional, which is a good mix for this genre. The cast was amazing, despite the original characters' ages had to be altered - I didn't really mind that. I know that a lot of people think these films are going to be bad, but I've read the books and I think if the film people try to stick to them a little more they'll be great. I also think a lot of people have labelled these films as for kids and light comedy, but they have a deeper meaning - this series, yes, is about demigods and fantasy, but it's also about making choices and finding who you are. I think by the time they make "The Last Olympian" into a film, people will have changed their minds, and in a good way. All I'm saying is, give this series a chance, because it deserves that.
Kid, 11 years old August 8, 2013

Impresive Change!

The movie was great! I like this one MUCH more. I think they did not change the movie from the book so much like in the other one. The special effects have improved but the important part is that they stayed true to the book. It can be scary . What you have to know is that the effects have improved so the monsters have to. It is a VERY nice movie and leaves you anxious for the next!
Teen, 13 years old Written byNeonMinion March 14, 2016

It was O.K.

I have read the Percy Jackson and the movies don't live up to the books at all. This movie has the plot of the last book of the series and the whole thing is just bleh. It's not HORRIBLE but it's not great either.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytesla banter 128 July 9, 2016

Really bad

It was ok at the start and then this really bad effected bull came out, why did the director bother like they left it at a cliff hanger for movie 3 but the actor of Percy is like TWENTY FOUR!!! He's ment to be a teenager And the actor of Anibeth has blond hair dye in unlike in movie 1 where she had dark brown hair. Whoever casted this is colour blind don't watch it while you still can
Kid, 12 years old July 9, 2016

Its not the worst movie ever

I was gonna watch it the other day and then started thinking, this is the worst movie ever!! I then watched it til the end and it is a very good family movie. But if your 12-13 , ut is not one to watch with friends. I would stick to something like ant man.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhau'oli June 10, 2016

seriously?!

The movie is nothing like the book, just like the first movie. I was obsessed with the book series and after watching the movie, I was extremely disappointed.
Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2016

The gods are angry- SO AM I!

NICE TRY CHRIS COLMBUS . After mega-failed first movie, The Lightning Thief, fans endlessly ranted and complained- I know. I was one of them. But WHAT WAS THE DIRECTOR THINKING? Make a second one to make up for the first? NICE. TRY. This movie is kinda pathetic. In the books Annabeth is this super smart, blonde cool-under-pressure 12 year old demigod. Now she's a pretty, bratty, easily scared chick with a knife. Book Grover is a loyal, shy but trusting caucasian satryr who's life goal is to find his hero Pan, the nature god. Now, he's this negro, smooth, lady's man who flirts continuously. Oh- and Clarisse? In the books she's a tough, rough, rude, bulky daughter of a war god WHO IS NOT TO BE MESSED WITH. Now she's a pretty, sassy, teen with people problems. And the reference to Christian religion was meant to be a joke. It was an unnecessary and disrespectful scene. Let's face it- the only good thing about this book is the beginning where Percy is flipping off a war machine with Fall Out Boy play in the background.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystatgirlpjohoo March 7, 2016

Dam disappointment

The movie is okay, but absolutely nothing compared to the books, the directors got nothing correct. Wise, caring, strong, 13 year old Annabeth becomes moody, rude, helpless, 17 year old Annabeth. The movie is incorrect on many things in the book. There isn't any sexual stuff, only some violence.
Kid, 11 years old December 31, 2015

An ok movie

Percy Jackson is not that great. It has mild language but is fine for 4+
Kid, 11 years old August 15, 2015

Best Movie

It's one of the best movies i've ever seen.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEthan Does “eth... June 24, 2015

WAY TO GO PERCY JACKSON!!!!!!!!

Nice movie, better than 1st.Monsters might be a bit scary.Whats wrong with you common sense media it only got 2 stars comre on!!!!!!!! this movie is great!! but there are some intense moments like (monsters,cylops, etc.) but anyway i liked it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byluna2211 June 10, 2015

I normally don't swear on common sense media...

...but seriously, this movies deserves to burn in hell/tartarus/whatever the person reading this believes in. Seriously, someone put this movie series out of its misery before it gets any WORSE!!!