Parent reviews for Pet Sematary

Pet Sematary Poster Image

One or two scary scenes is all

I watched this movie myself when I was 13 and when my son was 13 and the only real scary thing to be honest was just zelda. She is horrifying

Not too scary, but good.

This adaptation of Stephen Kong’s novel was ok, and I’m glad there was hardly any sex in the movie. The review was wrong, though. There should be 1/5 for sex because the man kisses his dead wife at the very end right before she kills him. This movie is very violent, but it won’t scare very many tweens and teens.

Gory. Creepy. Quite disturbing. I’d not want to expose younger kids and teens to the dark themes I didn’t notice language. No positive role models or characters at all. Everyone was flawed. A mature mind can ponder that, not so much our younger ones. I found the acting a tad weak but it was the 80s

Not a good movie

The only good actor was Fred Gwynn. The acting is terrible, the mom was too over dramatic and they did a terrible job with the makeup.

Reviews were wrong about language!

We decided to watch Pet Sematary after it popped up free on the Roku Channel this week. My son is 13 and we always check here first. After reading the reviews, we decided that it would be ok. You can imagine my shock when the F-bomb was dropped! There is a lot more swearing in the movie than the review said. It still has far less than most thrillers, but just want parents to be aware that it does say the F-word and it says a few others several times. The F-word happens after the dad buries the cat and gets ready to take a bath. I hope this helps other families.

What people need to know. pet sematary is not actually that great compared to a lot of other Stephen King movies. There is not really any language higher then PG-13 standard and the violence is not violence. It’s not scary at all and there is no sexual content also there is drug use. Overall Pet semetary is fine for 12 years olds and up but I don’t know if anybody would like this film it’s kind of boring and ruined Stephen Kings novel.

Good movie would watch with a 13yo and they would be fine

Awesome but know your kid

Story time: one day my child came home from school age 12 his friends had talked about the movie. He asked if he could see it i said no at first because I thought it was demonic. I had seen it before but did not remember it. He had seen some r rated films such as terminater, alien, die hard, and saving private Ryan, but I finally gave in and we watched pet sematary together. I was nervous to let him watch it but I could turn it of if it got demonic. Turns out it was not very demonic but it was violent and had some language it would probably be pg13 now for some graphic horror violence/gore some strong language, and for some the metic elements

Cool, but creepy

In my opinion anyone 12+ should be able to see it, my suggested rating R for sequences of bloody violence, otherwise the films just really really creepy.