Parent reviews for Pets United

Animated pet tale falls flat; violence, mild language.

Adult Written byMoviemama80 September 21, 2020

Animal Genitals & Sadness

Immediate take-away list:
Sadness
Fear
Animal Genitals
Robots
Suicide

The unappealing words that stick in my mind:
Hell
Stupid
Spawn of Satan

The last 10 minutes are ok.

Parent of a 9-year-old Written byazkeel September 20, 2020

It's like watching Scary Movie for kids.

Lets be honest. This is a low budget, bad animation with no soryline. It was so boring that my 2 girls kept wandering in and out of the room. Half way through the movie we turned it into a game and started counting references to other movies (children version of Scary Movie franchise). We got Robots, Secret Life of Pets, Wall-E, Big Hero 6, King-fu Panda, Incredibles, Madagascar, Lorax and Bolt. Sure there are more.
Adult Written byDZiggity September 15, 2020

Not for children, maybe for young teens

The movie went straight to the gutter, we were really excited about it’s release. We are fans of “Cats Versus Dogs”, and “Pets”, and Netflix had recommended it-the kids ere ready to turn it off about halfway in. It was violent, had language, and adult matters...Don’t even bother, in fact we plan on canceling Netflix...it’s movies for kids have been lacking...

Parent of a 7-year-old Written byMacawa0904 September 13, 2020

Horrible timing and stereotypes

There are a bunch of strange animals shown as domesticated. Like a pig type dog and a monkey. It's supposed to be funny but there is no comedic timing so it falls super flat. They tried to shove a conservation spin and it's very forced. They also loved the stereotypes...small girl dog that wants plastic surgery and loves the "buff" dog. Buff Italian dog obsessed with his looks. The Wiseman (Asian) telling the story. Would. It watch ever.

Adult Written byjazzoo78 September 12, 2020

Strange...

No consistent or obvious plot. Too many stereotypes, loose end sub-plots... nothing makes sense and arguably few lessons for kids.
Adult Written byEmmaloubee September 20, 2020

Deeper messages

We thought it was a great film.

I personally could see lots of hidden messages / reference to Coronavirus, the government, surveillance, control. Not anything the children would pick up on though.

A lovely message to remember that nature is there for us all to enjoy and this is where we are free :)
Adult Written bySkyesmama September 19, 2020

Disappointing

This was a disappointing selection for family movie night. It was slow, full of awkward dialogue and the plot was non existent. The robots were creepy. Don’t bother with this movie.

Adult Written byAshailey7 September 19, 2020

A lot of sterio types

I didnt like that they assume and point out judgement of others based on how they look. Over all did not enjoy this film for other reasons also

Adult Written byLiomarys September 18, 2020

Nothing to learn or be entertained with

Plot: lacks logic
Humor: there is not any
Characters: are very flat
Theme: only revealed in the end. No continuous theme.
Dialogue: lacks natural flow

No educational or entertainment value.
Poorly developed. A lot of the events lacked logic.

It was torture to watch.
Parent of a 7-year-old Written bySteph-dub September 18, 2020

No Cohesive Storyline, Awful Pacing, Demonic Robots

This movie spiraled downwards shortly after its very slow beginning. The pacing is bad; the dialogue just weird. We laughed not one time. We thought it would be a family film about pets in turmoil not demon robots with red eyes trying to kill people. My 7 year-old is now very scared.

As my 10 year-old said: It’s a good movie for future film makers to learn what not to do in a movie.

Adult Written byIone55 September 12, 2020

Good Kid's Movie

The movie was an easy watch with your kids.