Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension

Quirky duo's other-realm adventures are fun for all ages.

Adult Written bycosmicore April 23, 2012

Kids and Kids-At-Heart Can Enjoy This.

This movie is taken from the Disney Channel series Phineas and Ferb. It is a great movie for children but might be iffy if you don't like seeing robots get dismembered. The original Evil Dr. D basically creates an "Other Dimensionator" and Phineas and Ferb unknowingly help the evil scientist fix his machine. Then they go through the portal and accidentally get trapped there where an even eviler Dr. D has (successfully) taken over the Tri-State area. Very Orwellian and it might scare children. Then their sister Candice, who is fretting over a boy going off to college and possibly losing interest in her, tries to bust them (as always) and ends up transported to the other dimension as well. Phineas and Ferb discover Perry's secret identity as a secret agent and Phineas wrestles to both accept this realization and forgive his pet for leaving him in the dark With the help of both friends from the real world and friends from the other dimension, Phineas and Ferb and their friends save the real Danville from being overtaken by "Normbots" (polite butler-like drones) and the alternate reality Dr. D. They make it home okay and are faced with either remembering the best day ever and losing Perry (because they know his secret.) or wiping their memories clean and keeping Perry. They do the latter, but not before Isabella (who has had a crush on Phineas the whole series- and movie too!) smooches Phineas on the cheek! Cute, well-written movie that both kids and kids at heart can enjoy.

Adult Written byKenChanCake September 22, 2011

Am I watching this ever again? Yes, yes I am.

An excellent installment to the Phineas & Ferb series. It's full of action, friendship, and, of course, comedy. It's much more dramatic and violent than the usual series, but they don't overdo it. As usual, Phineas & Ferb kept all age groups interested.

Parent Written bydr peper man 01 August 21, 2011

it depends

well it all depends on the type of child realy only one child in my group realy sat tru the whole movie and even she lost intrest once or twice but i on the other hand loved the movie and i am a grown man so that just goes to show you even if the kids arent intersted you will probebly certenly be in this fast paced and fun and laugh filled movie ps.forgot to say befor there is some mild violent content but it is not alot but there is some so be careful

Parent of a 1, 5, 5, and 8 year old Written bymommyof41988 August 8, 2011

My kids couldnt wait to watch it.

My kids were keeping an eye on the countdown all day! They loved it. I thought it was very cute. Phineas and Ferb is a big hit in the household so this movie was a good family movie night movie. We grabbed some popcorn after baths and watched it in our jammies. The only concern was a little bit of violance but nothing out of the ordinary for the show. It was a great movie for my older 3.

Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bylaribrook September 29, 2011

A little bit of violence but overall good.

I agree with the reviews. My youngest (almost 4) loves Phineas and Ferb (which is the only non-preschool show they watch). So both my boys loved this movie, it's a little violent than what we usually watch but it's definitely a good guys win, and it's very cartoony. They are not hurting other people but the robots pretty much. So that helps tone it down. Most of the characters are trying to do the right thing, and Candace is even less annoying in the movie than the show!
Parent of a 9 year old Written byCooldudeben75 February 13, 2019

Awesome!

Phineas and ferb is my childhood!