All parent member reviews for Picture This!

Adult Written byBeckstar October 29, 2011

Not for kids

I would not let any child watch this. I think I remember in a scene, a guy leads a girl up the stairs and everyone thinks it's the ritual where a virgin loses her virginity to the popular guy every ball or something like that?. The girl gets led up the stairs, but there is no sex scene. He goes to take a shower and she takes off. Thankfully, he did not plan on having sex with her. But it is still not appropriate
Parent of a 5, 8, 10, and 10 year old Written byCSM Screen Name... October 3, 2009

Witchcraft and Awkward Questions

This movie is terrible! The girls constantly use video phones which is no doubt responsible for many teen girls' lacking social skills. It's about a nerdy tramp named Mandy and the popular rich boy she will do anything to get. In one part, some popular girls think they're witches and one wears a vial of Marilyn Manson's blood around her neck! Ugh! They also make casual sexual references which confused my kids and left me in an awkward position. I am a feminist and their treatment of women greatly offended my sensibilities!!!
Adult Written byKAZMom April 9, 2008

Not Appropriate for ANY Tweens

I am pretty open-minded about what my kids watch, but this movie was wrong on so many levels. It wasn't just suggestive...it was blatant. I am disappointed in the 'family channel' for even airing this. My 14-year-old daughter was at a friend's house, and that mother turned it off (thankfully). I watched the whole movie after the kids went to bed, and I was shocked by the sex, the drinking, the lying, the malicious humiliation. Nothing, nothing, nothing, redeeming about this movie.
Parent of a 4 and 8 year old Written byhannahmommy April 9, 2008

A little angry

We turned this movie off! I'll admit I was a little negligent, we didn't realize it was PG-13 until about 1/2 hour in, I made the assumption that it would be ok -- Ashley Tisdale, ABCFamily at 5 pm, and they kept touting a sneak peak at HSM 3. Yet the language was horrible, there was discussion about "de-flowering", she lies and sneaks around her dad within the first 15 minutes. The PG-13 rating is misleading, I think it should have been rated R. I wouldn't have let my 13 year old watch it. This should come with BIG warning lights and sirens.
Parent of a 12 and 12 year old Written bytwinsmama July 24, 2010

A mediocre movie that has holes in the logic of the plot

In addition to what others have said about the negatives of the movie, it didn't make a lot of sense. The "hump and dump" dialogue caught on a video phone was supposed to be what the heart throb said to a friend about the Tisdale character. But it turns out he truly cares for her. So why did he say this to his friend? It seemed like there needed to be an explanation, though I can't imagine what that explanation would be. Luckily, my 12-year-old didn't understand most of the inappropriate references and didn't ask!
Parent of a 12 year old Written bymouthy226 May 6, 2009

It has a moral, happy ending but some of the behaviors, activities, clothing choices, etc. seem inappropriate for anyone younger than 16.
Adult Written bypapple April 9, 2008

GREAT

this movie was soooo great it is a must see for all pre-teens and teens it is great and my kids and I loved it!
Adult Written byZusya April 9, 2008

Crass, Callous and Cliche

As the father of daughters, I was very disappointed in the underlying message of this film: girls just want to date cute, rich boys - and their success at doing so is how they should value themselves. The girls in this movie have absolutely no interests or ambitions other than getting to the cool part, being with the cool boy - or, conversely, preventing a rival from doing the same. It plays on all the worst stereotypes of teen girls, and uses many tired cliches from the teen genre (posse of good girls vs posse of mean girls; hunky boy going to college his dad wants him to; etc) -- all of which have been used to much better effect elsewhere. The father was also absurdly over-protective if not imbecilic. The comedy and the drama all depends on people behaving at their worst. The movie sells teen girls short. They are far smarter and better than depicted here.
Parent of a 7 year old Written bytlwells April 9, 2008

Family Channel?

My 7 year old daughter was so excited to see this, but in the first five minutes there was already bad langueage and within 30 there was lots of sexual talk. I thought this was a FAMILY moovie. I gues when they say family what they really mean is teenage movie.
Adult Written bydarlacherie April 9, 2008

I was shocked

It was a movie geared toward teenagers, which I normally like, like highschool musical and hannah montana. I couldn't believe some of the things I was seeing and hearing for a teen movie. Now, I'm not naive, I know how a lot of teens can be (like doing worse things than in this movie), but I'm accustomed to the 'teen' movies being clean. I saw underage drinking, lying to parents and getting away with it repeatedly, and speaking of such things as a 'hump and dump' and 'getting deflowered'. I sat down expecting an innocent 'teen geared' movie and was very surprised with the content. It was TV 14, I just wanted to warn parents of young teens of this movie.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bydramaqueen@hotm... July 19, 2013

not bad its actually cute.

I thought this was a good movie and it was cute. its not a bad movie not bad at all.
Parent of a 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 16 year old Written bycabbe June 20, 2009

Good Kid Movie

cute funny movie.ashley tisdale was fabulous. ther were some sexual references including the whole thing about the shower but i found it okay for my children.
Adult Written byno-no April 9, 2008

there is bad stuff in every movie at least this has only one
Adult Written byruflossn April 9, 2008

Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

Good movie, too iffy for the majority of Tisdale's fanbase

Sexual Content (Pause): The main character is referred to as a "hump and dump" and a "do her and dump her". Occasional mention of a boy taking a girl up to his shower for sex. Violence (Not an Issue): None. Language (Pause): Hell, damn, and ass. Social Behavior (Pause): A girl stops at nothing to humiliate the main character, including feeding her nuts, which she is very allergic to. The main character lies to her father about studying at a friend's house when she's really getting ready for a party. Commercialism (Pause): LG logo seen on video phone. Abercrombie and Fitch mentioned. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Pause): Teens drink beer. The main character swigs allergy medicine after her face swells up from an allergic reaction to nuts.