Parent reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Swashbuckling action, but too many puzzling plots.

Adult Written byBigMovieFan April 9, 2008

Disney can get away with murder

Aside from the movie just being awful and rightfully panned by critics, I felt horrible for the 10 year old girl sitting a few seats down from me. In the first half hour a child is hung, men fight for space to look up the skirt of a woman who was made to strip off most of her clothes, and a teenage girl is shot in the back of the head at point blank range as she cowers in the corner.

Only Disney has the muscle to make this PG-13.
Adult Written bygrumpy0227 April 9, 2008

If you love pirates, this one is for you!

Excellent movie - lots of twists to the plot! Had to have seen the second one to understand this one - but it was great! Incredible special effects! Definitely one to own when it comes on on DVD!!! Five stars all the way!
Adult Written byChris_Feher May 22, 2020

A Bit Dark, But Still Amazing!

Just like the last two, this one is also great. The special effects are incredible, the plot is twisty, and as usual, the acting is also very notable. I would absolutely recommend this movie to fans of the first two. However, there are two things that make this movie not so suitable for younger kids. First, the opening scene is at the gallows where a bunch of characters are put to death. And throughout the rest of the movie, there is some significant violence. Second, the plot gets a bit confusing, maybe too much so for younger viewers. But older kids will still be able to enjoy it. I find it pleasantly surprising that Disney was able to make all three in a row really good so far. I just hope they can do it again.

Parent Written byCarla S. May 30, 2018

Lots of action for kids

My family enjoyed this movie. However I always fast forward the beginning where there are hangings. For the boys they love the characters Barbossa, Davy Jones, Bootstrap Bill and of course Jack. They said they loved the Dutchman being able to go under the water, the sword fighting, being out on the ocean, the cannon fights. Personally I did not like the bit when Jack was in the locker, pretending to be a chicken etc. it just seemed like fillers but the boys loved the excitement of it, the boat falling over the waterfall, the maelstrom battle. It had lots remember this i for kids and after watching my sons and nephews are with sticks and towels pretending to be these characters so they love the movies and the game. Bill Nighy did Davy Jones brilliantly and again I like Barbossa

Parent Written byBo D. October 2, 2017

Great though a little scary

Thoroughly enjoyed even though it isn't as funny as the rest of the series. Action is great as is the plot and, of course, my favorite - Johnny depp!!!
Parent of a 8-year-old Written byronansuperman January 15, 2017
Adult Written byvalentinD September 25, 2016

long live the pirates

it's very okay for the tweens perfect disney pirate movie with Jack Sparrow.

Parent of a 1, 5, 8, 11, and 13-year-old Written byamyperring March 21, 2016

way pushed the limits of PG-13

really really violent for a PG-13 movie. SPOILER ALERT a key charecter who is very important dies which is pretty disturbing and sad. the first ten minutes are just pepole gettting hanged which is super disturbing. and in one part davy jones sticks his arm up a persons nose and out his mouth while he is screaming in pain and bleeding. plus to top it all off there is a violent gory battle at the very ending. this should be rated R.

Adult Written byOliviaReviewsIt September 13, 2015

Excellent Movie, but too LONG!

Though I am a big fan of the POTC series, I must admit this was rather long, not to mention it left the viewer with many questions at the end of the movie. At times, there even seemed to be a need for subtitles. But all in all, I was not disappointed with the overall experience. Despite having long drawn out moments, the movie contained many fantastic battle scenes, as well as humorous moments from Jack and Barbossa. The graphics were excellent (and should be for the most expensive movie of its date) and a total win for pirate aficionados such as myself. This movie contains a moderate to high violence level, but is not excessive. Language is not an issue, and sexual innuendos are very minor. There is, of course, the rum drinking that has continued since the first movie and will continue until the series finishes. This is a pirate movie, after all.

Adult Written bybnicky August 19, 2015

Good but kind of disturbing...

I haven't seen this movie in a while but i do remember a few things. First off, you should know there is a lot of violent and disturbing scenes especially at the beginning when people including a boy are hanged. There is a lot of fights. Also, there is a somewhat disturbing scene with Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) in Davy Jone's locker where Jack is surrounded by copies of himself (he kills 2 of them). It has some humor to it (plus it's all a hallutionation) so it shouldn't be too disturbing. It may scare young ones though. As for any sexual stuff, there is a few innuendos and kisses but that's mostly it. No bad language, just pirate talk. Overall it is a good movie although it is 3 hours long. Go watch it!

Adult Written byLazercheese December 27, 2014

Its ok but still violent

Adult Written byJLFM May 11, 2012

For more mature kids, and it's not even that great

Adult Written bymelodywoman March 10, 2009
Parent of a 6 and 8-year-old Written bydsloanak March 7, 2009

OVER RATED

I went to the movies and seen this with some friends and fell asleep..I am soo sick of these Pirates of the Caribbeans..
Parent of an infant, infant, 3, and 5-year-old Written byMississippiQueen January 7, 2009
Adult Written bybecki5676 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byfairfax April 9, 2008

Very disappointing!

This much anticipated sequel is very disappointing. It is bloated and overlong, with stilted dialogue and what I thought was a perfectly horrible ending. There are long stretches that are quite dull. Way to long and violent (some very disturbing scenes) for children, older teens only.
Adult Written bycamyers75 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bybaconbrother4 April 9, 2008

It was ok

don't see this in theaters get this on dvd and skip to the end (It saves the confusion and the longness)
Adult Written byLaurana532 April 9, 2008

So much action!

I have seen many bad reviews, but I really liked this movie. It tied up some loose ends with the characters. I also thought there were some funny moments as well as emotional moments. The audience laughed throughout the movie. I do feel this is an adult movie. I give it a PG-13 rating with hesitancy because of the violence. I had a hard time seeing small children in the theater. I would not have a hard time with an older teen seeing this, but the tweens should watch it based on "knowing your kid". Be sure to stay after the credits.