All teen and kid member reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Kid, 8 years old March 9, 2011

this movie is for ages 10 and up

i LOVED it. There is iffy stuff for ages 9.But it is on for ages 10 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysowhat1111 June 17, 2010

Arrrrgg

Good, but Jack, the pirate and Elisabeth kiss. And Gibbs drinks alot. But it's an awesome movie!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bypen7777 May 2, 2011

Darker and deeper plot

This movie dosnt have as much comedy as the last two, but theres more action and suspense. Still an awesome movie!!
Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2010
This movie was a little long, but it was funny and filled with action so I'll say it was good.
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 November 12, 2009

Great movie, but a little scary.

I saw this movie when I was 10, and the scene with Davy Jones sticking his tenticles through a guy's mouth and then out of his nose scared me. This movie has some frightening images and a lot of violence. Depending on what your child can handle, I'd say this movie is age appropriate for 12-13+ year olds.
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2011

scary

Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 April 26, 2010

Honestly, it wasn't logical to make another sequel

Pirates of the Caribbean is living proof that a Disney theme park ride can be changed into a multi-million dollar franchise, thanks to producer Jerry Bruckheimer. The first two were passable, but this thrid entry is downright awful. Where do I begin? Maybe with the overused special effects. Or perhaps the nonsensical plot. Or what about the bad potrayal of major characters? Any way you look at it, Pirates 3 is a bad action flick. Johnny Depp plays Jack Sparrow well, but that's definetly not enough to save this mess. Plus, it's just plain confusing. Why would a man who gives his heart away be turned into a slug thing? What is Jack Sparrow's purpose at the end of the day? Why is a movie like this even made? Questions I just can't answer. Just please don't watch it. Content issues: there is quite a bit of adventure violence, as well as a passing reference to sex, some salty language, and lots of rum drinking. Best reserved for preteens and up.
Kid, 10 years old March 8, 2010

excellent, but violent and pretty disturbing

i think it is great, but very violent. the blood is minimal, but the violence isnt. there are a few disturbing images that would scare kids, but the good thing is it isnt as gory as the first or second
Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2010

A really good, funny, confusing movie.

Pirates of the Caribbean is really good! Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom make the movie even better. It is the most confusing out of all of the movies. And you probably need to watch it a couple times. Disney is really good with the violence and how to make it as kid friendly as possible. It isn't bad with the violence at the first part where they are hanging everybody. They don't show anything. All in all, it is a really good movie.
Kid, 9 years old November 28, 2009
i think it would be a good movie if it wasnt so confusing. there is a ton of violence, like people getting hanged at the beggening, and a huge fight after that. in davy jones locker there is a bunch of jack sparrows and some kill eachother. in the end there is a battle where lots of davy jones crew members get stabbed. a man gets stabbed in the middle, and there is a image where a sqiud eats a man and its gross. there is drinking rum too, and at one part people start hitting eachother with rum bottles. will and elizibeth are good role models.
Teen, 16 years old Written bythebizent April 9, 2008

It's okay, I guess...

The plot was kinda confusing and I got lost at points, and I think the violence was strong for a PG-13, but the movie's fine in general.
Kid, 12 years old August 21, 2016

At Worlds End: The Third Film In An Awesome Franchise!

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is the third film of an awesome franchise. I do not have much to say about my opinions, but onto the content! Violence: Lots of action/adventure violence which is quite intense. A dozen are hung from gallows, including a young boy. They stand in line waiting their turn. We see the nooses tied around their necks and the hangman pulls the lever. The camera shows the hangings from below the gallows as the trap doors open and the feet fall through and jerk to a stop. After an explosion a man is pushed against a ship wall and impaled with a large piece of wood. A man shoots and kills two twin girls in the faces. Davy Jones forces his tentacles into the nose, ears and mouth of a man killing him. A dead man is strapped to a barrel, is pulled out of the water and we see his back where birds have pecked at him. A guy stabs another guy with a sword, the guy man stabs another one in the heart, but nothing happens to him, letting the one stabbed to die. We see a deceased guy lying in a pool of water, and when he is turned over we see a large spear in his mouth and sticking out the top of his head. A man who has grown into the side of a ship pulls himself away and his brain is exposed (it wobbles around like Jell-O); then the man holds the cerebrum in his hand and licks it. Epic battle sequences take place throughout the movie. There are scores of shootings, stabbings, and cannon blasts. A man's foot freezes and when he tries to bend his toe it breaks off. Frightening Images: Despite its comedic undertones, it does have a serious sense of menace, supernatural threat and some scary images; The appearance of various monsters, including Davy Jones with his tentacle face, might frighten some younge viewers. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is a really good Pirates of the Caribbean film. The end also hints at the plot of the movie after it (not gonna spoil it), but considering how long it took for On Stranger Tides to come out, I do not think this was intended when this was released.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTreeofdoom August 9, 2016

Best Pirates Movie Ever

Don't listen to the people that say it's very complicated. There are some parts like when they tip the ship over that are a little weird but other than that it was my favorite movie before Skyfall which I recommend for kids 10 and up
Kid, 9 years old June 28, 2016

Not a good third movie

This 3rd movie of the pirates of the caribbean sequel is really disappointing I loved all the other movies (including the 4th). The 3rd is just to confusing and you never know what's going on. The 1st 2nd and 4th are really good movies. I did a review on the curse of the black peril, my'n is the one that said watch it now and 100,000,000,000, out of five stars
Kid, 10 years old September 4, 2015

PLEASE READ!!!!

This movie I thought would be at least mildly funny or for kids but in one scene DAVY JONES THE SEA MONSTER THING STUFFS HIS TENTACLE BEARD UP A GUY'S MOUTH, AND OUT HIS NOSE, THE GUY SCREAMING IN PAIN, BLOOD. Puzzling plot, mostly violence, some gore, 2 hours and 45 minutes running time, this movie could've been better.
Teen, 14 years old Written byProjektor May 14, 2015

This is good, but not too good than 2 early films. This is good final film. But does this then do not run out of this.

This is most violent film in the series, but almost the same stuff as in other parts. There are lots of drinking (again), and one very mild sensual scene.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter April 23, 2015

I don't know what these critics are talking about, this film is great

Although it's a bit long and there is some blood shed, the movie was surprisingly exciting and visually pleasing
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth December 23, 2014

Third entry to the pirate story starring Captain Jack sparrow

Very similar to the last move. A child is hung by the next. A important character to the series is stabbed through the body.Same amounts of drinking and langauge. There is sexuality between a woman and two men same as the last two films.
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2014

Less funny and dark, but most violent

This movie is probably the most violent of all the Pirates movies. All the people being hung in the beginning and the pirates dying in the end contribute, and Sao Feng's death is pretty gruesome. It is a little long, but overall, it is still pretty good, though many people still die.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan November 16, 2014

"Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" movie review

"At World's End" was a VERY long movie. I remember as a kid watching the movie feeling incredibly bored at certain parts. Was the 169 minutes running time necessary? Absolutely not. My main problem with the movie is that it is too convoluted. "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" is about an hour too long. The filmmakers could have edited out a huge portion of the movie and it would still make sense. The acting was actually really good. Johnny Depp was very comedic and I loved his character as well as Orlando Bloom's character. The movie's special effects are incredible. The fight scenes are choreographed very intricately. The cinematography I really enjoyed as well as the humorous moments. Sometimes, the movie felt very predictable and that is one of the problems in story-telling of the film. Also, it is sometimes repetitive. I still enjoy the movie. It isn't an awful movie like "The Last Airbender". The movie has the same adventurous vibe as the first two movies which I really like. For me "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" would get a 3/5. I enjoyed the movie, but I had some serious problems with it.