Kid reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Swashbuckling action, but too many puzzling plots.

Kid, 8 years old March 9, 2011

this movie is for ages 10 and up

i LOVED it. There is iffy stuff for ages 9.But it is on for ages 10 and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysowhat1111 June 17, 2010

Arrrrgg

Good, but Jack, the pirate and Elisabeth kiss. And Gibbs drinks alot. But it's an awesome movie!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 November 12, 2009

Great movie, but a little scary.

I saw this movie when I was 10, and the scene with Davy Jones sticking his tenticles through a guy's mouth and then out of his nose scared me. This movie has some frightening images and a lot of violence. Depending on what your child can handle, I'd say this movie is age appropriate for 12-13+ year olds.

Kid, 12 years old August 21, 2016

At Worlds End: The Third Film In An Awesome Franchise!

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is the third film of an awesome franchise. I do not have much to say about my opinions, but onto the content! Violence: Lots of action/adventure violence which is quite intense. A dozen are hung from gallows, including a young boy. They stand in line waiting their turn. We see the nooses tied around their necks and the hangman pulls the lever. The camera shows the hangings from below the gallows as the trap doors open and the feet fall through and jerk to a stop. After an explosion a man is pushed against a ship wall and impaled with a large piece of wood. A man shoots and kills two twin girls in the faces. Davy Jones forces his tentacles into the nose, ears and mouth of a man killing him. A dead man is strapped to a barrel, is pulled out of the water and we see his back where birds have pecked at him. A guy stabs another guy with a sword, the guy man stabs another one in the heart, but nothing happens to him, letting the one stabbed to die. We see a deceased guy lying in a pool of water, and when he is turned over we see a large spear in his mouth and sticking out the top of his head. A man who has grown into the side of a ship pulls himself away and his brain is exposed (it wobbles around like Jell-O); then the man holds the cerebrum in his hand and licks it. Epic battle sequences take place throughout the movie. There are scores of shootings, stabbings, and cannon blasts. A man's foot freezes and when he tries to bend his toe it breaks off. Frightening Images: Despite its comedic undertones, it does have a serious sense of menace, supernatural threat and some scary images; The appearance of various monsters, including Davy Jones with his tentacle face, might frighten some younge viewers. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is a really good Pirates of the Caribbean film. The end also hints at the plot of the movie after it (not gonna spoil it), but considering how long it took for On Stranger Tides to come out, I do not think this was intended when this was released.

Teen, 15 years old Written bypen7777 May 2, 2011

Darker and deeper plot

This movie dosnt have as much comedy as the last two, but theres more action and suspense. Still an awesome movie!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 April 26, 2010

Honestly, it wasn't logical to make another sequel

Pirates of the Caribbean is living proof that a Disney theme park ride can be changed into a multi-million dollar franchise, thanks to producer Jerry Bruckheimer. The first two were passable, but this thrid entry is downright awful. Where do I begin? Maybe with the overused special effects. Or perhaps the nonsensical plot. Or what about the bad potrayal of major characters? Any way you look at it, Pirates 3 is a bad action flick. Johnny Depp plays Jack Sparrow well, but that's definetly not enough to save this mess. Plus, it's just plain confusing. Why would a man who gives his heart away be turned into a slug thing? What is Jack Sparrow's purpose at the end of the day? Why is a movie like this even made? Questions I just can't answer. Just please don't watch it. Content issues: there is quite a bit of adventure violence, as well as a passing reference to sex, some salty language, and lots of rum drinking. Best reserved for preteens and up.

Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2010
This movie was a little long, but it was funny and filled with action so I'll say it was good.

Kid, 10 years old March 8, 2010

excellent, but violent and pretty disturbing

i think it is great, but very violent. the blood is minimal, but the violence isnt. there are a few disturbing images that would scare kids, but the good thing is it isnt as gory as the first or second

Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2010

A really good, funny, confusing movie.

Pirates of the Caribbean is really good! Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom make the movie even better. It is the most confusing out of all of the movies. And you probably need to watch it a couple times. Disney is really good with the violence and how to make it as kid friendly as possible. It isn't bad with the violence at the first part where they are hanging everybody. They don't show anything. All in all, it is a really good movie.
Kid, 9 years old November 28, 2009
i think it would be a good movie if it wasnt so confusing. there is a ton of violence, like people getting hanged at the beggening, and a huge fight after that. in davy jones locker there is a bunch of jack sparrows and some kill eachother. in the end there is a battle where lots of davy jones crew members get stabbed. a man gets stabbed in the middle, and there is a image where a sqiud eats a man and its gross. there is drinking rum too, and at one part people start hitting eachother with rum bottles. will and elizibeth are good role models.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviesamazing May 24, 2017

Pirates3

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 has great and thrilling action points and Johnny Depp is slightly better than in the second movie, but they mix too many plots and characters making it confusing as hell.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTreeofdoom August 9, 2016

Best Pirates Movie Ever

Don't listen to the people that say it's very complicated. There are some parts like when they tip the ship over that are a little weird but other than that it was my favorite movie before Skyfall which I recommend for kids 10 and up

Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2011

scary

Teen, 16 years old Written byUgli Chic March 14, 2010

okay

This movie pretty good for closing the saga. The action wore a hole in the middle/dragged on too long though, and had many confusing subplots in it. Had some pretty fantastic fighting scenes in it. Some of the scenes are pretty disturbing (guts, blood, tentacles, etc.). But I thought the pirate wedding part was AWESOME!!! Kids should be mature if they see this. ~Ugli Chic :)

Kid, 10 years old December 15, 2009

very funny

It isn't that bad. I will tell you won thing:the PG-13 rating does NOT suit it.Even the violence is funny! Like when this guy went flying from the recoil of a buzuka.
Kid, 9 years old January 16, 2009

ok

it wasnt as good as the first two
Teen, 14 years old Written byliz123456 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written by334333 April 9, 2008

Sweat Action

Funny,Witty, and Action Packed. Only downside is you really want a fourth.
Teen, 16 years old Written bythebizent April 9, 2008

It's okay, I guess...

The plot was kinda confusing and I got lost at points, and I think the violence was strong for a PG-13, but the movie's fine in general.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywii April 9, 2008