Kid reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Swashbuckling action, but too many puzzling plots.

Kid, 12 years old August 21, 2016

At Worlds End: The Third Film In An Awesome Franchise!

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is the third film of an awesome franchise. I do not have much to say about my opinions, but onto the content!
Violence: Lots of action/adventure violence which is quite intense. A dozen are hung from gallows, including a young boy. They stand in line waiting their turn. We see the nooses tied around their necks and the hangman pulls the lever. The camera shows the hangings from below the gallows as the trap doors open and the feet fall through and jerk to a stop. After an explosion a man is pushed against a ship wall and impaled with a large piece of wood. A man shoots and kills two twin girls in the faces. Davy Jones forces his tentacles into the nose, ears and mouth of a man killing him. A dead man is strapped to a barrel, is pulled out of the water and we see his back where birds have pecked at him. A guy stabs another guy with a sword, the guy man stabs another one in the heart, but nothing happens to him, letting the one stabbed to die. We see a deceased guy lying in a pool of water, and when he is turned over we see a large spear in his mouth and sticking out the top of his head. A man who has grown into the side of a ship pulls himself away and his brain is exposed (it wobbles around like Jell-O); then the man holds the cerebrum in his hand and licks it. Epic battle sequences take place throughout the movie. There are scores of shootings, stabbings, and cannon blasts. A man's foot freezes and when he tries to bend his toe it breaks off.
Frightening Images: Despite its comedic undertones, it does have a serious sense of menace, supernatural threat and some scary images; The appearance of various monsters, including Davy Jones with his tentacle face, might frighten some younge viewers.
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is a really good Pirates of the Caribbean film. The end also hints at the plot of the movie after it (not gonna spoil it), but considering how long it took for On Stranger Tides to come out, I do not think this was intended when this was released.

Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 April 26, 2010

Honestly, it wasn't logical to make another sequel

Pirates of the Caribbean is living proof that a Disney theme park ride can be changed into a multi-million dollar franchise, thanks to producer Jerry Bruckheimer. The first two were passable, but this thrid entry is downright awful. Where do I begin? Maybe with the overused special effects. Or perhaps the nonsensical plot. Or what about the bad potrayal of major characters? Any way you look at it, Pirates 3 is a bad action flick. Johnny Depp plays Jack Sparrow well, but that's definetly not enough to save this mess. Plus, it's just plain confusing. Why would a man who gives his heart away be turned into a slug thing? What is Jack Sparrow's purpose at the end of the day? Why is a movie like this even made? Questions I just can't answer. Just please don't watch it. Content issues: there is quite a bit of adventure violence, as well as a passing reference to sex, some salty language, and lots of rum drinking. Best reserved for preteens and up.

Kid, 9 years old November 28, 2009
i think it would be a good movie if it wasnt so confusing. there is a ton of violence, like people getting hanged at the beggening, and a huge fight after that. in davy jones locker there is a bunch of jack sparrows and some kill eachother. in the end there is a battle where lots of davy jones crew members get stabbed. a man gets stabbed in the middle, and there is a image where a sqiud eats a man and its gross. there is drinking rum too, and at one part people start hitting eachother with rum bottles. will and elizibeth are good role models.

Kid, 12 years old July 28, 2020

pretty good but not as good as the first two

This isn't bad at all.

Teen, 17 years old Written byMMSbro July 10, 2020

Big fan of pirates!

There is a lot of violence , and its inappropriate.

Kid, 11 years old June 19, 2020

second best potc

though this one wasn't better than the first it still goes out with a bang it has a few scary moments but still okay for tween's. Davy Jones is the guy to look out for he kills people in brutal ways but if I told you I be giving spoilers so give it a watch but watch the two before this one first.
Kid, 12 years old June 5, 2020

EPIC!!!!

I LOVE the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. They are so awesome! And this one is no exception. In fact, it recently took On Stranger Tides' place as my 2nd favorite of the bunch (the second Pirates, Dead Man's Chest, is my 1st favorite). I'm probably one of the few people who don't care how long it is or how complicated the plot is. I just get so caught up in how gigantic, grand and epic it is, that I don't even care and/or notice! I adore the effects! I ADORE the fight scenes! The new characters are a heck of a lot of fun. Sao Feng is just awesome, and the Pirate Lords are neat, but good GOD! I DESPISE Lord Beckett! He is the BIGGEST white wig-wearing idiot Pirates has ever conjured up. But the best part about him is how he gets revenged upon! But enough about what I thought about it, let's see what it has to offer!

Violence/scariness: It's a pirate movie, when dealing with pirate movies, expect sword fighting, battle scenes, etc. A character is impaled by a piece of wood after a cannon hits the ship; there is a scene where a character chants in a creepy voice and breaks down into millions of crabs after growing sixty feet tall, that may freak out younger viewers; I can easily see Davy Jones (who I personally find beautiful in various ways) and his crew disturbing some younger viewers; there are, of course, a lot of (epic) fight scenes all throughout the film, particularly at the end; there is a dead guy with a spike up his mouth in a puddle in one scene; they strap dead guys to barrels in one scene; a running gag is one of the characters losing his fake eye. His empty eye socket may creep some out; one character's heart that he carved out of his body a long time ago is shown a few times and is sort of gross; a character is stabbed in the chest and left to die; there's a hilarious scene where all the main characters try to shoot each other; during the meeting scene, a man is shot dead, but I think it was meant to be semi-humorous.

If your kid is mature, then they should be able to handle many of these scenes. However, I HIGHLY recommend skipping over the very beginning of the movie, it is the ONLY PotC scene I HAVE NOT WATCHED, but I saw parts of it in a video and it MAJORLY disturbed me. It shows dozens and dozens to hundreds (possibly thousands) of people about to be hanged, including a CHILD. Oh yes, my friends, Pirates went so far as to the point of doing DEAD CHILDREN. We see the child having a noose put around his neck, it doesn't show his hung body, but still. Other people are hung as well. And what do they DO with all the bodies you ask? Throw them all in a big pile of course! To quote Nostalgia Critic, "You know, for kids! :)" So, all the other stuff, should be Ok enough. But if your kids are under 15, I highly recommend giving the beginning a pass. And don't worry, it's not crucial to the story (I mean, Beckett appeared in that scene, yet in his next scene, it makes it look like that was his first appearance in the movie!).

Story (spoiler free): The story isn't that bad, but it is VERY complicated and some kids will probably get confused at some parts. I followed it pretty well but I took it very seriously. If your kid is intrigued, then they'll probably follow it fine.

Language: "D*mn", "Harridan", really all there is.

Sex: Two characters kiss for a long time, twice. In the beginning, a guy makes a lady strip half her clothes off before smiling creepily.
There is a (heartbreaking) love story going back years between two characters.

Drinking: They're pirates; expect rum.

Overall, it's a fun movie with more than its fair share of violence. If your kids aren't mature enough to handle it yet, for now, just give it a pass. But if they're mature enough, it should be OK. So if you and your kids don't like, like it, or absolutely fall in love with it, like I did, I'm sure you'll get at least a few good moments. It's one sea adventure that is definitely worth at least one watch.

Teen, 13 years old Written by1Karailover April 4, 2020
This movie has strong violence and mature themes. Viewing as a family, I highly suggest this, will help younger children to understand some of the more detailed content and supply them with support if they have questions. However this movie portrays brave characters as well as comic relief. May I suggest that before you watch this movie you have a good understanding of the first 2, it won’t make sense without former knowledge of this series.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAveryinalaska March 17, 2020

Only if they can handle it...

Well if you can handle it then it’s ok. My 9 year old brother is watching it right now and I came in and about had a heart attack. You see, I don’t like sad things. Only scary, like IT. But as I came in there were people crying as their children were getting hanged. After that I stayed out of the room so it might have gotten better. If your child can handle sadness then it’s great. If not...you might want to think about it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byShowman movie13 March 15, 2020

Boring moments, Intense violence, with twisting plots

I thought this movie was an ok movie. It had some twisted plots that may confuse younger ones. There is plenty of action/violence; one is involved with a hanging in the beginning of the movie. I think everyone 12+ can watch this! There is mild great Role Models; all is involved with Will Turner and and the Swan girl. No great positive messages.

Teen, 14 years old Written byGabbyrose14 November 29, 2019

Very violent

Movie was ok some secnes are definitely intense like at the beginning there's a secne where people are being hanged including a young boy, later in the film we see lots of flirting and revealing clothing, characters kiss but that's about as far as they go, is a sense were to boys are fighting over who gets to looks under a woman's skirt, main female character has to take off most of her clothes to be searched for weapons but man makes her take off more then she needs to but she keeps a short robe on, there's a disturbing secne where Davy Jones sticks one of his tentacles into a persons nose and it comes out his mouths and then he kills him (all is shown on camera) though it is a quick secne and then end of the movie you see Elisabeth and Will in a intimate moment where Elizabeth is wearing a very short dress and Will runs his hand up and down her bare leg, earlier in the movie Elizabeth is forcefully kissed against her will or that's what it looks like, is a Secne where they sail past lots of dead body's floating in the water, Many characters are killed, stabbed, and shot on camera, dead bodys are shown in piles, blood is common, characters are constantly drinking or getting drunk the phrase rum is used many times, Many secens seem unnecessary and the movie could do without.

Kid, 11 years old February 24, 2019

Change in violence and plot

This film is not as good as the other two movies. In fact, I will not watch this movie in a long time. It has death of a good character and someone gets shot in the head. Lots of betrayals and death. This film does not have new villains, so if you have seen the second and your kid is scared of the villains . . . DON'T LET THEM SEE THE MOVIE!

Teen, 14 years old Written byspartanstinger December 7, 2018

What else do you expect from disney, they have not compitition so they can slack off

Children hanged, men looking up a womans skirt, sexual jokes and not very good role models as they betray each other all the time. Good action but the enemies are all speciall effects and they really decreased the coolness of Davey Jones. Just like peter jackson did with the hobbit, They were doing well and using real peaple with special effects to back them up and now they are using special effecs and real peaple to back them up. The story is trash as there is so much witchcraft and magic and peaple betray each other so often that you cant follow along.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviegirl700 November 2, 2018

Darkest of the Pirates Movies.

Honestly-CS was a little off with the review-particularly with the romance.
Violence: Lots of battle, some blood, etc.
Language: Same as others, with innuendo.
Drinking: Rum, wine, and other drinks are had. Pirates become intoxicated.
Sex: Kissing, implied sex, innuendo, and men take baths.
Good for mature kids and tweens, and teens/adults will be fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCritiKid September 25, 2018

Large scale battles in swashbuckling sequel.

There is lots of fighting in this film. People are sliced, stabbed, impaled, shot, etc. Most of violence is bloodless though. In one scene, a cannonball smashes into a ship and sends a chunk of wood into a pirate lord, impaling him. Davy Jones' still beating heart is carried around for a lot of the movie. A large battle sequence happens for a long time towards the end of the movie. SPOILER: a main character is killed but brought back to life. There may be some scenes that may scare young viewers. Davy Jones and his crew are basically a bunch of monsters. There is no inappropriate content in this film and barely any language. Overall, this is a great finale to the Davy Jones saga.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLegofan August 4, 2018

An all time favorite

Pirates of the caribbean at world's end is a great movie for kids and adults alike. I'd you have seen the first 2 then I definitely consider watching the 3rd
Teen, 17 years old Written byDeppheadWeasley June 11, 2018

Hilarious

It’s good. There is no reason to let your children I think. But only one thing is bad: pirates show each other to look under Elizabeth’s skirt. And kissings of course. Actually there are kissings all Potc movies. You must know But it’s all.

Teen, 13 years old Written bylena delibalta March 8, 2018

Awsome movie!

The film has really great cast, nice story and it is generally awsome.

Teen, 13 years old Written byVegaJane January 11, 2018

Great movie!

I thought that it was a great movie. It would be VERY hard to follow if you haven't watched the first two movies in the installment. There was some violence, but for the most part if found it exciting and fun (even if it's a bit dark.)

Teen, 13 years old Written bymovie.com November 3, 2017

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

In this second sequel there is more and more violence, a scene leading up to a child being hung, more cannons, some minor blood, explosions, guns, swords, innuendo you name it, this film is for the people that have managed the first two movies in the franchise. The quality was not to good or bad, obviously not as good as the original and there are two many dumb confusing scenes to really put the franchise up a notch, but actor Johnny Depp is still as in character as he needs to be.