Kid reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest Poster Image

The action-packed sequel has lots of violence, and scary moments.
1 person found this helpful.

Good film!

There is one scene where you should close your eyes:when the people are having there eyes pecked out by birds.it’s also scary when Davy Jones starts doing weird stuff.some kissing and drinking and swearing

Even better than the original!

This epic action movie is amazing! Bill Nighy does a magnificent job as Davy Jones as does Stellan Skarsgård as Bootstrap Bill. It includes some really exciting sword fights, and some superb villains upon the Flying Dutchman. It has a great plot, full of betrayals and double-crossing.

Dark but entertaining sequel—my favorite in the series!

This is one of my favorite movies, but there’s lots of spiritual violence. Some of my family left. Cinematography/Visuals: 4/5 Special Effects: 5/5 Acting: 4/5 Dialogue: 4/5 World-Building: 5/5 Humorous Moments: 4/5 Emotional Moments: 4/5 Soundtrack: 5/5

It is best pirate movie ever in my imagination!!!!

It needs parent guide for this movie!!! Without parent guide, my dreams would gone.

The heart is in a chest. The wrong chest. It should be in Davy Jones's chest. Well, it is in Davy Jones's chest. But not the right chest. Know what I mean?

This is not a great movie. The first one was good, but this one's just not. The plot is a mess, and confusing. There's lot's more violence then in the first movie. I think when the movie company saw what a hit the first movie was, they said "Hey, we've got to cash in on all the hype before it dies down. Pump out another movie as fast as you can. I don't care if the plot's terrible." And why was Elizabeth just sitting in the rain in a ragged wedding dress on the trashed balcony after they kidnapped her fiancé? Crying isn't going to help. Why not file a law suit, or go after him, or change out of your wet raggedy dress? There is tons of violence, and they focused too much on the weird, sea-creature people. I don't think anyone pictured Davy Jones as an octopus creature. There was a scene where Davy Jones came to get people's souls and they basically gave themselves to him for all of eternity. Will gambles his eternal life to Davy Jones to get his dad back. I mean ENOUGH of that all ready! I'm Christian, so I don't like things like that. Souls are real, and if you lose yours...well, it ain't gonna be pretty. Will's dad's soul belongs to Jones, Jack's soul belongs to Jones, all the creature-people's souls belong to Jones, Will almost loses his soul to Jones...ugh. Who is this guy? The devil? In the end they all get their souls back, but they shouldn't have lost them in the first place! They could have made a perfectly good movie WITHOUT putting all that in, and making it creepy and uncomfortable. And the amount of voodoo in this movie...that voodoo witch, the cannibals, fortune-telling, making some kind of deal with the witch to get Jack back. Ick. Well, Elizabeth, maybe if you hadn't tied Jack to the mast so the kraken could get him, you wouldn't be stuck pledging yourself to search for him for all eternity. Ever think of that? And in the parts where it wasn't like that, it was just boring. The plot was not well-structured. I did like that those pirates were reading their Bible. No one else was. So, this movie is a combination of creepy and boring. This franchise is proof that the first movie's good, but the sequels are awful. So just watch the first movie, and leave it at that. "I love movies like this. I like to wave at them as they pass by." (I don't love movies like this)

Great movie, but some disturbing elements

So, I watched this film a while back to see it after my dad and brother showed me the first. I loved the first so naturally I thought it won't be scarier right? WRONG. I found the first half hard to watch to the point where I left the room and didn't watch the rest, until then coming back a few days later and watching the rest. Men have there eyes eaten by crows, people are scarred and then are killed for resisting and the movie just seems more eery and serious than the first. Honestly, would just watch out for the first hour. But I have to admit most of my fear came from not knowing what would happen next. After that, it becomes interesting . Epic fightscenes, cool charactees , and a very good ending. Overall sick movie and it's definitely worth a watch, I think it was better on the action than the first.

Great movie!

Good movie but a bit rude.

NOT FOR CHILDREN!!

I am 13 And this is my review Exciting and action packed but you should know the movie includes scenes that aren't just scary, they are disturbing--one includes men in cages at a prison being eaten alive by crows, including watching their eyes being pecked out and the sound of a crow eating the flesh. Another includes an enslaved father whipping his own son. This movie was just a huge setup for the third movie. The mystery/plot was not resolved and is hard to understand in the first place. It does have some funny stuff, and is overall pretty entertaining, Has good messages, though not for too long in the movie. was glad when it was over and anxious to tell the world this is not a movie for kids.