Parent reviews for Pitch Perfect

Pitch Perfect Poster Image

Aimed at college students - not kids.

This is not a movie for kids - it's set at a college / University and that's the target audience. There's way too many sexual references and outdated racist / sexist / homophobic jokes throughout this film to let anyone under 16 watch, and even then I'd say only if they were intelligent enough to see the problems with it. Such a shame that most of the movie is funny but it's let down by a dozen or so bad jokes. Really not sure how it got an r13 rating.

1 person found this helpful.

Awful! Don't bother

Awful! If only they'd focussed on the music and not had all the gutter-talk, it could have been worth watching!

12 year old

my sisters and I watched this movie together. (ages 12,10,7&3) it was very good we had no problem with any of the "sex talk," drinking and language and we had no problem with the violence . my mom had no problem with it and she watched it with my sisters and i. my friend and i have watched it multiple times together without an adult and parents had no problem with it.

Perfect for mature tweens

Ok, so I read these reviews and was unsure whether to let my 12-year-old daughter watch it so I watched it myself and it was honestly a very good movie. My daughter begged to watch this because it keeps getting recommended for her on Netflix and all her friends have seen it. After watching it the only thing wrong was a little language and some sex talk. I spoke to my daughter about it before and told her to let me know if something is it was upsetting her but after she watched it she came to me and told me that it was an amazing movie and that her 9-year-old sister would be able to watch it. I think it's a great movie for mature kids over 11 or 10. Otherwise, it's amazing!

I think its ok

I think its cool but there is some nudity and bad language so yeah

Good musical talent

Not for young teens! Too much sex education, from the street, not proper use of sex. And a lot of profanity which is I know is acceptable or tolerable in most society but not my world. And if we don't advertise it it could stop. Parents be firm against your youngsters pleading. You don't have to give in.

Slow and Provocative

I do not agree that young children should watch this movie. The story line is good but it was not done appropriately. There was drinking, provocative scenes, violence and scenes where the characters treated each other horrid. Example: the women's' initiation regarding cutting their vocal cords out if they went out with trouble maker which referenced the men's singing group. I could not get into this movie at all. In reality, I think this movie is really for mature adults. Do not bother unless you like this kind of thing. Sex is a part of life, but this movie seems to sell this and violence to the younger generation. This movie also tells kids that bullying is ok.

Great!

I thin this show is for all ages although language might be harsh for children under the age of five.

Great Comedy

Super quick-witted humor outweighs the adult themes for mature tweens and above; this series is a family favorite in our house (w 11 yo and 13 yo). A few scenes are cringy though- especially the one where male and female college students are in shower together (it shows their feet then the female hears other girl singing in shower and comes over to recruit her to singing group). Overall super positive, including female positive, and smart. Elizabeth Banks (of Scrubs) produced the movie and is brilliant as accapella commentator.