All parent member reviews for Pitch Perfect

Adult Written bywoodberries February 12, 2013

The most digusting PG13 I may have ever seen.

Children who see this will be learning many new ways to be immoral and vulgar and obsessed with sex. It's 90% about sex and 10% about relationships and singing. If you must see the musical performances I would avoid everything else. I can't imagine bringing my teens to this. My 10 year old would not understand all the references and would laugh at the repeated vomit scenes but the girl attacking another girl's private areas because she is a lesbian or a boy and girl in the shower talking to another girl in the shower..its' just not images I would want to expose her to. It's poorly written as well. I wish I could erase the vulgarity from my mind.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bygabrielleA November 5, 2012

give us some good role models with some morality, please?

do we really need our girls getting another incentive to have sex as much/often as possible? Really? I was so disappointed w/ the amt. of language & pimping up of the girls boob importance.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bymarci123 September 29, 2012

Great, Funny Movie

It is a very good movie. I liked it a lot! I think that children 12-13 and up woukd enjoy this movie. It had a party scene but that is about it. I really enjoyed this movie. Me and my 12 year old daughter saw it yesterday. There was a lot of language. That got tiring after a while but don't let that stop you from seeing it.
Parent Written byyournameisroger March 6, 2014

Uncomfortable with topics & language for my kids

I've found the other reviews I've read to be very generous in their assessment that this movie is 'not that bad' and 'fine for kids 13 and under'. My daughter was upset with me because she's 'the only one' of her friends who haven't seen this movie. I watched this movie myself and the plot was good and the singing and all that, but overall I was shocked by some of the content- my daughter is 14 and I don't think this movie is appropriate for younger teens. I would feel uncomfortable watching this with my adult friends. Beside the language, which is a LOT, there is a significant amount of sexual dialogue - including a full discussion about which song is one character's 'lady jam' which she explains is the song she uses for masturbation. And then explains why. And this is a conversation she has naked with another naked girl, right after she is seen leaving a girls dorm shower stall with a boy. So ya, it just goes on like that. I guess you can ignore all of the sexual stuff like that (goes on throughout the movie) if you want, but I don't find it appropriate for my kids at all and I can't recommend it to parents because of the content.
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written bymb parent January 6, 2013

More appropriate for the 17+ crowd.

While there are positive role models if you define that term loosely, parents should be aware that the college scene is portrayed as one where many young adults are having sex with people who are not a serious part of their lives. This is not an appropriate message for 13 to 16 year olds.
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byfastraxsg March 8, 2013

Uneeded ' Dirty Stuff'

I am 12 and I watched this movie. Even though this movie ia really good, I think it is a bit old for me. It has lots of sex talk, bad words, drinking and its a really bad movie in terms of being clean and age appropiate. I am quite dissapointed with the directors because i felt they could of made a good movie with singing without the dirty talk and sex.
Parent of a 6 and 10 year old Written byDobbie17 December 31, 2012

Pitch Perfrect hit the right note for US!!

Okay so my 10 year old daughter and I went to see this over the Christmas period and we both really enjoyed it. It's simple, boy meets girl, boy likes girl, girl not sure but after one or two songs and 'seeing the light' girl eventually likes boy!! Yes there are songs thrown in, a bit of a nod to girls liking girls but hey we are just about to enter in 2013 and society has moved on .... Once again my daughters comments 'did they actually do any work apart from sing!!' - it's Glee but on the big screen and reduced to an hour and a bit. It's harmless fun - like The Breakfast Club in my day!!
Parent of a 5, 8, and 11 year old Written byCassidy D. April 5, 2013

NOT A KIDS MOVIE!!!

This is definitely NOT A KIDS MOVIE! I honestly thought my 11 year old was ready for it because so many of her friends had seen it. SHE WAS NOT! We ended up turning it of in the middle. It has so much swearing and inappropriate behavior! But I actually watched it a few days later and I liked it. It actually has some good messages and role models, and the singing is really good! And I love the cup song! So watch this movie, but not with the kids.
Parent Written byJason man May 4, 2014

Terrible example for young women

This movie is a horrible example of teamwork and unity. It depicts young women who refer to each other as bitches and sluts that are competing against other singing groups. The filthy language and sexual references are prevalent throughout. I would be embarrassed to watch this with my kids and would not recommend it to anyone as a family safe movie.
Parent Written bycares51370 February 2, 2013

Good movie, but be cautious

My daughter asked for this movie for her 10th birthday because "all" of her friends had seen it. I know better than to trust my child when she says this, but it was really close to her birthday and my mom was looking for something to get her so I told her to get it for her. We watched a few days later and I realized I really need to pay better attention to what she watches. There are certainly worse things she could watch and most of the things that were in the movie went right over her head. She loved the music mostly. She wants to watch it at her slumber party and I said NO!
Parent of a 11 year old Written bycuriouslurker June 27, 2013

Wouldn't want my 11 year old to watch it.

Pitch Perfect is an OK movie. It wasn't great, but the songs were good and Rebel Wilson provides a few laughs. My issue with the movie is the negative stereotyping and the use of the word "sl-t". There isn't a lot of sexual content, but there is a lot of innuendo and talk about sex. High school kids are already exposed to that kind of thing, but my 11 year old probably wouldn't get a lot of it and that could lead to a lot of awkward questions.
Parent Written byrobertsonson January 18, 2013

Nice

I loved it. my kids loved it. great script, and talented actors. but some bad language and sexual material.
Parent Written byJimsel January 18, 2013

Wow

A great movie to watch with your kids. i suggest kids over ten can see this
Parent Written byseahark February 15, 2013

Good movie but not for kids!

Good movie about college a cappella competion. Older teen subject matter. Yes there is a lot of fun, But I don' feel it is appropriate for early teens due to language and sexual content of some dialogue. I would preview first!
Parent Written bybabymonkee May 6, 2014

Pitch Perfect

A super great movie! I had watched it and i was fine.It really depends if your kids hear the swearing in the movie!!!! there quite a bit of rude bits as well! little (9)
Parent Written byMr.Jameserson January 18, 2013

Loved it

I loved it. your kids will love it if they enjoy comedies and musicals! some swearing and a little sex innuendoes. I suggest over ten can see this movie.
Parent Written byjindy30 July 25, 2013

Its great

Pitch perfect is a fun movie about an accapela group competing to win at the finals. Becca (Anna Kendrick) joins the group, the bardon bella's. Audrey (anna Camp) is the head of the group. Another Bardon Group is the treble makers led by Bumper (aden Devine). Fat Amy (Rebel Wilson) is a very funny and enthusiastic character. The way she reacts to things will make you laugh. The bellas are not allowed to have boyfriends from the trebles, but when Jessie (syklar Asten) befriends Becca there is drama.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byMovielover10000 May 4, 2013

Great movie for mature 10 year olds

It's a GREAT movie! But there is some bad words such as b*tch, sh*t, and they say "you better not f- this up" but they don't actually the f word. It is a very inspirational because the girls have very strong personalities and stand up for them selves.
Parent Written byhelenaroberts January 31, 2013

Nice

Wonderufll! i took my ten year old to this and he loved it, and so did I. as a mother of 1, and a teacher, i think this movie is good for kids eleven and up.
Parent Written byjessicarox January 18, 2013

Wonderfull

A great movie! A little inappropriate, but nothing mature eleven year olds and up can see.