Kid reviews for Pixels

Action, crass/raunchy humor in alien-attack sci-fi comedy.

Teen, 14 years old Written byimoviegoteen July 24, 2015

Such a creative movie

Great movie, great cast, and fun for the family. Language includes some B words (about 7), but that's about all I heard. Overall I can just say if you take your kids even adults to this it'll be a great day for them! This movie was cool to watch in the 3D (I recommend 3D). Sex was no big issue here, only a guy looking a girls butt when she walks away, calling her hot in a way, talks about a divorce through the husband cheating. A girl drinks a beer, but shares it with the man. No blood or gore here just people and game creatures breaking into little glowing pieces when they die. But the animation is so fun to watch in this movie. I give it more around a 4.2

Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 23, 2015
Teen, 13 years old Written byUma13 August 10, 2015

Extremely inappropiate for children under 7 or 8.

I saw this movie with my whole summer camp, including my six year old brother. When the ``Wonder kid'' started saying b***ch, so did my brother, about 5 times, even though I told him to stop, because my family is an ``Only adults can cuss family'', and he knew it. Wonder kid almost gets hit by a car. Sam Brenner tries to kiss his high school sweetheart and his high school sweetheart feels uncomfortable, and Sam starts following her to work. Wonder kid starts punching the U.S army`s butts. No one who is under 8 or 9 should watch this.

Kid, 11 years old September 12, 2015

Fun but Captain America must be here

When I say "Captain America must be here", I meant that there are so much language in the movie. Isn't Q*Bert supposed to speak gibberish and not English? We can now hear him say bad words and bad stuff. That's one thing I hate in the movie, bad words. Like almost every scene includes inappropriate content. Sex is now a problem. Is the fat guy (I'm sorry if that was bad, but) supposed to show romance to a videogame character? No. Then why is he like that? He even has a drawing where he is with that videogame girl and he takes off his shirt, which was iffy for me, but very inappropriate for my younger siblings who are 5, 7, and 10. That's not a good idea. Violence seems a bit okay, if you only count the videogame invasions. The fat guy I mentioned a while ago wishes to kidnap his friend and his friend screams and punches him on the face. The fst guy falls out of the truck and is not injured. Funny, but violent and suggestive. The videogame invasions scenes are creatively funny and awesome! Seeing Tetris destroy a building was funny. Another videogame destroying Taj Mahal doesn't look violent, but during that scene, two Indians are having a romance scene, but when the videogame started to invade, it becomes some sort of an "alien movie". There are drugs seen I think three times and they drink it. No message. I don't even like the characters. Violet hates her husband, Sam hates his job, Ludlow (the fat guy I mentioned earlier) is very disrespectful to his mom. He yells at her. A kid behind me laughs. I'm pretty sure she will do the same thing to her own mom. Eddie is a cheater. He even divorced a lot of wives to steal. He even looks ugly because of his bad attitude. And Kevin James and Adam Sandler's acting are so bad! They don't look like lovers of their own character. But on the positive side, the jokes that are appropriate are funny, even if some are flat. The idea of making a movie based on a popular Youtube video is a good idea. Some invasion scenes made me feel like I was watching someone play a game level and see more of the world of Wreck-it Ralph. Fun movie, but be careful of the iffy stuff. Even I found some content inappropriate for my age.

Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 August 7, 2015

Game over is right.

Why? This is just an Adam Sandler comedy. I mean, what a letdown. I was hoping that Pixels could be somewhat entertaining, but it sucks so badly. It had potential, but when you have Happy Madison (Adam Sandler's Company), all hope is lost. Let me start with the ups and downs. The ups: Peter Dinklage was hilarious. He was even funnier than Sandler and James and that is saying a lot. The action sequences and visual effects were decent and that is IT. The downs: It was NOT Funny and I quote, NOT FUNNY. Instead of humour, we have awkward, dumb, stupid, cringeworthy (the same as awkward) and terrible scenes that were meant for laughs. Adam Sandler sucked. I'm not a Sandler hater, I loved Happy Gilmore, but he lost his humour now. Kevin James as the President.... yeah let's not go there. Michelle Monaghan, Sean Bean and Ashley Benson were wasted in their roles. I mean, Monaghan? Why are you in this? Josh Gad, dear lord, he was truly awful. I liked him in Frozen, but oh my gosh, he was so annoying and I even think his character was gay. Spoiler Warning: He describes some Navy SEAL men as cute, slaps their buttocks and kisses Sandler's cheek, almos HIS LIPS. But it can't be because he has a crush on a female video game character, Lady Lisa from a game called Dojo Quest. During the attack, she spawned and Gad declared his love for her. I kid you not, she immediately kissed him passionately. Sigh... . When Sandler saved the world, Gad was upset because Lisa vanished into pixels with the other video game characters. But Q*Bert, who was a trophy because Sandler and his crew won the previous mission , morphs into Lisa and they got married (shown in a picture before the credits) and, no joke, have five Q*Berts! Gad basically had sex with a Q*Bert! Sandler and Monaghan have no chemistry at all. For the kids, Q*Bert pissed himself. Not funny. Kids can watch, but Pixels contain some iffy content. Pixels could have been an entertaining watch, but they ruined it and it came from the director of Home Alone and Home Alone 2: Lost In New York. I despite the movie. End of review. Grade: F.

Kid, 8 years old August 31, 2015

Pixels review

Pixels is a 2015 sci Fi comedy that is underestimated by critics. Messages. There is a message about saving the world no Matter what it takes. Role models. There are none. Violence there is lots of slightly intense battle scenes involving 80's video games, such as pac-man, centipede donkey kong and dojo quest. Sex there is some raunchiness. Nothing that a 9 year old would not be able to handle. Cursing some uses of the b word the d ,the h word. There is also the s word. Consumerism there. is lots both video games from the first genaration and the stuff you can get right now. Drinking. Everyone has half a beer after a video game battle. Overall off 0 to 6 ,iffy 7 to 9 fine for ten and up

Teen, 15 years old Written byeazy__breezy July 31, 2015

Don't be fooled parents, this is not a kids movie

Do not be fooled by the fact that this film seems like a little kids comedy with the old video game characters. This is not for anyone under 11. Reasons? The cursing is pretty foul in this film, it doesn't say extremely crass language, but it still is not something you want your little one to be repeating. The sexual references. Although there are very little sexual references, they still are there, end of story. Also, remember that while the violence isn't very bad at all, it still does have some intense moments for little kids
Teen, 17 years old Written bySS1234 September 29, 2015

A lot better than i thought

I saw this movie today with my brother who is 12 and I am 17. I was expecting sexual jokes and nudity like I saw in Grown Ups but that was not the case. There were a few uses of bitch and a couple of shit which is not a big deal for a PG-13 movie. On Sunday I spent time with a four year old who knew words that I did not know and did not hear in the movie. Thus suggesting that your children will hear these words anyway so don't be a baby over it. If this was rated R like some parents and others suggested, it would mean America has a terrible rating system and has been put in more of a nanny state than Australia.

Kid, 11 years old August 16, 2015

Pixels

There is quite a bit of swearing in the movie, so if you want to watch it with your child I think the child should be fine with the swearing. There's not too much though.

Teen, 14 years old Written byExtremewolf101 December 12, 2015

Terrible! (Bad language, sexual references and really lame.

I am a 14 year old boy. When I saw this movie in the library, I thought I would take it to my grandma's when I spent the night. I read the basic review that common sense media made and it sounded fine. I was very wrong. This movie had so much cussing and many inappropriate and very sexual references. In Imoviegoteen's review, he says: "I didn't hear very many cuss words. The b word 7 times and that is it." I don't know what this kid was drinking. I heard: he**, da**, bi***, sh**, slut, and more (repeated multiple times.) I would like to create this honest review because this movie is very bad and not for young kids like they advertised. I saw an ad on disney channel. What is our world coming too? On top of all the cussing, there are MANY sexual references. Practically throughout the whole movie non-stop. One character is gay and he slaps other men's butts. Another character talks about having a 3 way with celebrities. (This is just a few of the most obvious ones) I was so uncomfortable with my grandma there. Common sense media really let me down. They don't make it sound bad at all. Last of all, this movie was so so so lame. It made me so bored. Adam sandler and Kevin James really let me down. It had such a lame storyline. If you're looking for a kid movie, do not get pixels. Actually don't get it at all because it is lame as crap.

Kid, 9 years old July 26, 2015

Crap

This movie was actually funny. It is a video game flick, so it was really bad. Quite a few B****es and a**s and likely a d***. TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS of comic action. Good and bad role models alike.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAge appropriate guid August 22, 2015
Teen, 13 years old Written byFlowerpower8760 August 19, 2015

Super funny.

Super funny material that they have here! I don't see why people think it's bad. Okay, maybe Slut is said in one thing and people (babies) may be scared of donkey kong, centipede, or pac-man but they'll get over it. I hope. But all the kissing? I don't agree.

Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2015

Good but not good

Adam Sandler always does bad movies. This is not that bad. The video game concept I think boys and kids would like but it's more for adults because of pac man. Kids would like it but adults even more.

Kid, 12 years old August 23, 2015

What Else Can I Say?...

The only thing that I enjoyed about Pixels is the cool action scenes, the plot and the special effects. Everything else about the movie was boring and unfunny!

Teen, 16 years old Written byMaya16 July 25, 2015

Better than I thought it was going to be

I thought that movie was not going to be very good because I thought it was an action movie. It had a great cast and that is what makes this movie good.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNvG Nick November 19, 2015

Pixels Review

Don't read the reviews saying this film is garbage, IT'S NOT. Adam Sandler shines in this funny, underrated gem.

Teen, 14 years old Written by22VirtualGirl August 1, 2015

Nothing special, okay!

A week ago, I've seen this film with my family and my family somewhat liked it because of it's strange humor. I didn't like the acting, but I liked the humor a little bit. The storyline was violent and somewhat stupid. But I gave this a three because it's a little bit unique and the video game elements "Pixels" displayed.

Teen, 17 years old Written byStevie111 July 31, 2015

Very Funny though silly sci-fi comedy

This somewhat crude but light sci-fi comedy is along the lines of Grown-Ups in mature content, but with more mild action violence. This, in my opinion, is a lot better than either of the Grown-Ups movies. This is good, fun choice for families with older kids, at least 10+. There is lots of crude humor and innuendo. Overall, I did like this movie quite a bit.

Kid, 9 years old May 24, 2016

PIXELS

a great movie! Lots of fighting old arcade game characters and funny jokes. If you haven't been to an arcade then i don't recommend this movie.