Kid reviews for Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Funny comedy about a holiday travel nightmare has profanity.

Teen, 17 years old Written bycopperzinc April 6, 2009
Kid, 11 years old March 13, 2010

IT'S FINE!

I loved this movie. Even though there are some words which aren't age appropriate....Kids should be able to understand not to say those words. But otherwise, this movie is perfect for a good laugh.

Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 July 18, 2009
Probably one of the tamest R-rated movies ever. THe only reason it's R is because of one scene at a car rental place where Steve Martin just swears at a woman and uses the f-word frequently. It's used about 15 times in one minute. There's one scene that might be scary for little kids(when they are in the car crash), but other than that, the rest of the film is PG material.

Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2010

Wow.

Omg WOW this is such a great comedy movie, with a great cast, John Candy and Steve Martin are just fantastic, and you look at the characters and think "OH MY GOD I know someone who is EXACTLY like that!!!" It's hilarious!! and the messages are all positive, and the rolemodels are pretty much all good! It has a great story about getting along with people, and the friendship between these two men is beautiful, and very funny in parts. There are some mild sex references and two people kiss very passionately on a bus but thats it, there is some mild language and a scene where Steve Martin uses the f-word like 20 times, but its played for laughs and its only because he's angry, and he's not saying it TO anyone. Overall, its a great funny comedy, harmless fun except for language, it leaves you with a lovely feeling and the messages are great! I reccomend it to kids 11+ and their families. 5 STARS! enjoy :)

Kid, 12 years old December 23, 2015

Mixed

Pros: Funny Has a good moral Cons: Language Brief Nuditiy Smoking Drinking

Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2011

Good for teens, but no one under 12

This movie was flippin hilarious. Sure, 1 scene had the F-bomb as every other word(Ha-Ha-Ha)and it had some mature humor in it, but someone my age would be able to handle it.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymovieloverman1234 July 16, 2009

comedy classic

This is a classic for sure. I mean I saw this when i was twelve and theres only one scene that is really bad were the F-word is said like over ten times in less then a minute. Other then that your kids should be agble to see this.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySalsander June 28, 2013

One Scene of Explicit Language

There is one scene where the f word is used repeatedly in one scene. However there is nothing important to the plot in this scene so it can be skipped entirely. Otherwise the inside of a car has pictures of scantily-clad woman (no nudity and very hard to see) and some jokes about body parts are made. As long as the scene with language is skipped, its perfectly fine for 8+.

Kid, 12 years old November 21, 2010
This movie is totally hilarious! My eight year old brother watched with me and we skipped through the seen at the car rental. but if your older then ten you are perfectly old enough and mature to watch that scene. all he says is f word a million times but in the funniest way possible. I recommend this movie to anyone! i loved it!

Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2009

Funny!!

I love it! its better on tv cause they bleep out the f words.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCKBrown1000 April 9, 2008

Instant classic!

A great comedy. Some should be advised that there is one scene where the word f___ is used several times repeatedly. Other than that, this should be regarded as an excellent family movie, as well as a comedy. I reccomend it for viewers 10+ who can understand that just because a word is used in a movie, doesn't mean it should be thrown around in life all the time.
Kid, 10 years old November 29, 2011

Great for Thanksgiving with 9-10s

I watched this film with my children and it was completely fine except for a very short scene (rental car agent and Steve Martin) that was NOT appropriate (strong language). I knew it was coming so talked and laughed with them to distract. COmpared to the sexual innuendo in today's films at PG or PG-13, this is NOTHING to be concerned over! Have fun watching two legends work.
Kid, 10 years old December 31, 2010

Good and funny

Good and funny, liked it, but a lot of bad language.

Teen, 13 years old Written byccbluebonnet March 21, 2010
i thought this movie was hilarious but there was one scene where Steve Martin said the "F" word numerous times in a row but that was the only thing that made it rated R. Otherwise it was awesome

Teen, 14 years old Written bycatscale January 10, 2016

I loved this - it was a very good film.

As far as I can say, this is a very good movie, although I did see some adult*ish* jokes I think this is perfectly suitable for kids 13+.

Funny!

It's definately not an appropriate movie for preteens and under, but I loved it. Hilarious!!! This movie was awesome!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJoker912 November 28, 2016

Hilarious, Heartfelt

One of the best comedies

Teen, 13 years old Written byRex Banner November 28, 2015

Going on a trip in our little plane,train,or automobile soaring through the sky's

Honestly this movie is fine for 13 year olds if you skip the scene in which Steve Martin uses the dreaded F-bomb. this actually would have been a pg movie if they would have removed this scene. The only major issue here is the language.

Teen, 14 years old Written by[email protected] June 3, 2014

So Funny

This movie is very funny John Candy and Steve martin or both hilarious so funny!!!! There is some crude Humor but the only reason it is rated R is because of one scene where Steve Martins Character who is clearly pissed off says the F-word to a women at the a car rental about 20 times in 1 minute besides that we here S**t a couple times and a bit of other mild swearing. an awesome funny movie though.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySomebodysMe July 3, 2009

Hilarious

This movie is soooooooooo funny! One of the best ever. The language that is in it is only really in one scene, where he comes back from finding the rental car he was supposed ro rent was gone. A couple anatomy jokes too. Watch it before your kids!