All teen and kid member reviews for Planet 51

Garbage

Skip it. Blah
Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian_girl March 11, 2010

Funny when it's clean

I had been waiting to see this movie since I heard about it. Mom knew this and rented it for the family to watch together. I hit play thinking, "Boy, I can't wait to see a good clean PG-rated movie!" HA! I don't like the direction the media has been taking with, well, with everything! I'm sick and tired of putting in a PG or even G-rated movie and it being dirtier than a PG-13 movie I saw the night before. This movie had such potential. It was hilarious besides the adult jokes in a movie meant for 7-year-olds. I don't even think adults should hear those jokes. I don't really care so much whether or not a movie's original, as long as it's good. I'm easily amused anyway. I'm one of those people who can last a year on a piece of string. So rarely do I give anything 3 stars unless it just makes me upset. Hollywood, stop making dirty kid's movies! You're infesting and twisting the minds of every child, no, person on earth! It's even getting in MY head. I still count as a kid, you know. I don't know if I want the DVD or not anymore. Besides all that, this movie wasn't the best I've seen in a while, but it was still good. My advice, buy Veggietales movies. They're Christian, kid-safe comedy that's so funny, I'll watch them if I live to be 200 years old.
Kid, 12 years old March 30, 2015

Horrible

Do not watch this movie! It is horrible, almost plotless, and bland
Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd March 4, 2013

skip this piece of forgettable junk and watch monsters vs aliens instead(cause the movie outdoes planet 51 in every aspec especially lead roles cause i found ginormica alot more likeable than chuck baker)

This movie was worse than escape from planet earth,plus anyone 10 or older will probably find the movie boring
Kid, 9 years old June 25, 2012

read this . this is inportanat

on netflix it says 14a and regular rating says 7 year olds can watch it sorry but dont let ur kids watch this watch everything befor ur child watches it and if ur u dont have time watch it with him
Kid, 9 years old June 1, 2014

ok movie

I think this movie is ok, but little ones will not under stand it. For nine year olds like me, it was very humorous but VERY slow paced in the beginning. I enjoyed it, but if you have a choice to do something that u enjoy or the movie I would do the first one. also the humor is for about 8 and up so your little ones will not be laughing their heads off. But over all, this is a pretty good movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byinfjsinger September 1, 2012

Not The Best Movie

It's sad that some movies are willing to put in inappropriate content in a kids movie to make a adult laugh too. The sex jokes about penises may go over kids heads but what if the kid wanted to find out what it is? Yikes. That joke actually went over my 8 year old brothers head, and I'm glad he didn't ask. Monsters Vs Aliens is a good one. If you're looking for something for 4-7 years you might want to check out a Babar episode called "Never Cry Alien!". It's short but little ones may like it. I can't believe the people on Cartoon Network would show this. They should've at least took out the sexualized humor. If you do want to have your kids watch it because of the slapstick you can go ahead if you think the sexualized jokes will go over the little ones head. I don't think the movie was that great, but it may differ between different people. The only reason why I have it "on" is because they don't say what that "strange antenna" really is.
Kid, 11 years old August 2, 2012

Golden Raspberry Award Material

What a waste of the Rock's action talent and Justin Long's comedy talent. I saw the trailer and I realized how much it sucks. When it premiered on Cartoon Network on Monday, February 20, 2012, my brother Gage forced me to watch it. Should've won the following Razzie Awards in 2010: Worst Picture - Planet 51 Worst Actor - Justin Long Worst Actress - Jessica Biel Worst Supporting Actor - Gary Oldman Worst Director - Jorge Blanco Worst Remake, Sequel, Prequel, or Rip-Off - Rip-Off of ''Alien'' (1979) More Hate Talk: If three guys from Madrid, Spain are going to turn Ridley Scott into a laughingstock, they should at least completely cancelled the idea. I mean, who's ever heard of a bad movie with good ratings. Oh, and everybody knows aliens can talk. NOT!! I am glad Common Sense gave this a 2 star. It should have gotten a 1 star saying, ''Tedious 'Alien' Rip-Off Falls Flat'', especially for the fact that RT (Rotten Tomatoes) gave this a rotten 22%. They should have cancelled and even scraped this entire idea to protect Ridley Scott's reputation. When Illion Animation Studios announced this, the population who have heard and saw about the announement and trailers should have boycotted this movie. Bottom line, that's two hours of my life I'm never getting back.
Kid, 10 years old June 30, 2012

O_O language?!

the astronaunt said "fr***n"
Teen, 13 years old Written byErnestBeqiri March 29, 2012

Good movie.

Planet 51 is a great movie with a great story and a great 3D designed. It is not educative enough, but is still great. There's some words that are kinda vulgar . There's sex references, mostly flirting. There's no drug reference. What should I say more?
Teen, 13 years old Written byScreennameGirl September 10, 2011

Don't Buy The Movie

Even though I am a kid (see near my username), I would like to tell you about this movie. In one part, Chuck is saved from having his brain cut out. But, his only clothing (a towel) falls off. An alien says "That's a funny place for to put an antenna". It is sort of violent. An army of aliens have guns, and an alien tries to take Chuck's brain. So, I would say, you shouldn't buy this movie.
Kid, 11 years old April 8, 2016
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheBombFunn August 6, 2013

So-so movie...

I don't think this movie was good, but it wasn't terrible either. In fact, it was pretty funny at times and I thought it could hold great CGI, not like Pixar or DreamWorks, but it was still good CGI. There's plenty of positive role models and every one learns a lesson at the end. This movie is hated and severely underrated for some weird reason, why does everyone hate this? I don't even understand it. Overall, it's fine.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 May 7, 2013

I agree with everyone, this movie is a disgrace to CGI films.

I hate Planet 51. Rio, Despicable Me, and the whole Shrek series are so much better. I hate Planet 51 because of the poor CGI, crappy voice-acting, and it's really boring.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 April 6, 2012

alien/human adventure is very funny, and OK for some tweens

this film was hilarious, but the humor is very mild. there is some action, including explosions, guns, and some fist fights. overall, this film was good, but not as funny as the trailer says.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 March 1, 2012

Really stuipid not worth your time

ONE OF THE DUMBEST MOVIES EVER MADE!! This is a suipid movie but kids may like it, but on top of that *Freakin* in a kids movie come on. It was boring and nothing exiting happens and was just badly thought out
Kid, 10 years old February 25, 2012

AW MAN, THIS SUCKS!!!

This film is so disgusting and agitating with its incredibly lazy plot. The medicine scene is the worst part.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny September 14, 2011

So-so...

This is no Pixar or Dreamworks and is definitely not getting an Emmy anytime soon, but it wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I actually though it was pretty funny, when it wasn't sleazy and overacted. The animation could've used some improving. Besides that, I thought it was good, but anyone over 12 would probably be bored. There was a lesson taught in the end and there was some good role models. Overall, it's just fine.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymida22 July 31, 2011

mida22

too much sexual things. Boring story too.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMr. Beiber July 8, 2011

I HATED IT!!!! ONE OF THE STUPIDEST MOVIES EVER MADE!!!!

OMG I TOTALLY HATED THIS MOVIE!!!!!! ONE OF THE WORST MOVIES EVER MADE!!!! I cannot believe the alien was trying to cut out somebody's brain. Why would they put that in a kids movie? Yeah it was boring! I cannot believe how inappropriate this movie is! I love Dwane Johnson. Why did he act in his very first stupid movie! Yeah it should be PG-13! Way too violent! I do not want to tell you how much I hate this movie! I HATED IT OK!!!!!! NOW GET THIS CRAP OFF THE AIR!!!!!! I HATED IT MORE THAN EVERYTHING!!!! WTF HOW IS IT FUNNY? IT WAS TOTALLY BORING!!!! IIIIIIIIII HHHHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEDDDDDD IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOO MMMMMMUUUUUUUCCCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I HATE E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G ABOUT THIS FILM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!