Parent reviews for Planet Terror

Rodriguez's gory zombie Grindhouse tale.

Adult Written bySam M. June 27, 2017

Campy Fun

Lots n lots of gore. Very over the top and doesnt even pretend to look realistic. Those at home with Left 4 Dead 2 will be fine. A jar of mutant testicles get smashed scattering theme everywhere. Pretty icky. Some boobs in a couple of scenes. Not too explicit Sex scene. Plenty of F words but not the worst language ever.
Adult Written bydoctorrockso January 6, 2015
Adult Written bychristophercrosby100 November 4, 2013

planetterrorreview

the movie is very retro stilled and a really gory zombie movie but for fifteen and up it should be ok.

Adult Written byArginnon March 20, 2012

Waaaay better than 2 stars

What is wrong with this site? When a movie's not for kids or has no real message to it than it's already a bad movie? What kind of snobs roam this page? Planet Terror is a great tribute to the Grindhouse movies and it is very well done by the masterful director robert rodriguez. I wouldn't show it to children though, I don't want them to have nightmares, but someone who understands movies will aprreciate this work of art.

Adult Written byEpic1991 January 9, 2011

One of goriest and worst movies I ever saw, just plain yuck.

I don't remember much of this movie, but the characters acted plain stupid, as if their brains had been eaten before the zombies had gotten to them, and it was such a bloody gore feast, that I could barely stand to look through most of it.

You won't be missing anything by avoiding this movie, in fact, its probably best that you don't even hint its existence.

Adult Written bycallofduty5 August 4, 2010

Gore drenched spoof zombie horror with tongue in cheek deadpan humour.

Really gory movie however pretty funny but you must be sure that you can handle the level of gore in planet terror!
the sex scenes were ok but the gore was just too overrated :D
however if you like shaun of the dead or left 4 dead i think you will like this movie. I recommend that ppl below age of 16 dont watch this film

Parent of a 13-year-old Written byZachary Sohrab November 5, 2009

NOT 4 KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!

On a scale of 1 to 10 based on the movies inappropriate themes this would fall into 20. This is probably the most violent Tarantino film ever. NEVER SHOW THIS TO A 5 YEAR OLD

Parent of a 10 and 13-year-old Written bySuperParent August 31, 2009

Robert you cool-cat!

WE LOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS FILM!!! me and my 13 yearold watched it, and we are amazed on how good it is! i might show it to my ten yearold, but it does contain extremely, brutal, graphic, gross-out violence involving alot of blood spurting from wounds, hands breaking, decapitated heads, and guts!
not to much sex or nudity, there is a few really really brief nudity involving a fake trailer called machete where we some boobs and nipples for like 5 seconds! and another pair of boobs that if you blink you will miss them, so tell your children to blink when a go-go dancer is done dancing! Oh yea! and you see a girl dance sexually in the opening credits for kinda a long period of time (no nudity is show), there is also one scene when is a girl is about to get raped, but is saved! and a really short sex scene with no nudity!this is defenently a guy movie! but this film is a great zombie film! watch it with your buddies and your kids, but make sure to be next to them to tell them to close their eyes through some scenes. GREAT FILM!

Adult Written byilikemusik23 August 18, 2009
I remember seeing this as a double feature along with Death Proof in theaters and i remember it being probaly the best theater experinces i ever had! Out of the 2 films this one is deffintly the better one. As fake as it is, it's deffintly one of the goriest movies i've ever seen. There is loads of bloody violence including graphic shootings, muitalations (including one graphic one where a mans testicals are cut off and we later see what it looks like afterwords), stabbings etc etc. There is also some sexual content including nudity and a breif sex scene that isnt too graphic and is cut off half way through as a joke. There is some strong language too. There is also a fake trailer before the movie called Machete that shows some bloody violence and breif nudity in it. While you cant get the double feature on DVD you can watch it on some prenium movie channels on T.V. such as Starz and Encore and its also on Netflix. If you dont get either of those i deffintly reccomend checking this out if you like zombie or action horror movies. And if you do see it as a double feature do be prepared to see some more graphic violence and nudity in the 3 other fake trailers that play before Death Proof pertically in the funny but rather disturbing Thanksgiving trailer.