Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Poltergeist (2015)

Ghostly remake is scary but not as good as the original.

Adult Written byShoiboi August 2, 2018

Amazing

For children 6+ who aren't sensitive. Only 1 scary scene. Not to much bad language. And no use of the f word only s word and b word. Only a bit of blood no Gore. Definitely is 12 plus.

Adult Written byETHAN G. April 22, 2017

Definitely a 12 + movie

This movie is definitely a 12 + there is nothing bad in this movie accept the part with the toy In the boy' room no violence no sex and nude no bad language just a little bit creepy

Adult Written byurbeauty4l October 17, 2018
Parent of a 9 year old Written bysusan h. September 22, 2016

the greatest

[Spoiler alert] there are intense, shocking scenes including a clown attack, a tree attack, and a scene were a man almost gets a drill drilled into his face. it had a fair share of ghosts and rotting corpses. scary too.

Adult Written byjosiahy April 10, 2016

Adult Written byclguerra October 31, 2015

It gave me heartburn

I am a huge 1982 Poltergeist fan so when the remake came out I was thrilled. I have never been so disappointed in my life. It actually gave me heartburn. The acting was pretty bad except for the star, which was the brother for some reason. Maybe that's why he was the star. I really hated how the family acted like oh well I guess we gotta get her back now. By the end I was really hoping the entire family got sucked into purgatory or whatever that was. My advice is stick with the original.
Adult Written bylexi2468 June 15, 2015

11 and up

I think my niece want to see it please let 11 and up

Adult Written byCeleena O June 5, 2015

Recommend

I enjoyed this movie a lot! It surprises you multiple times throughout the movie, and is actually a quality horror film.

Adult Written byjbray86 May 30, 2015

Don't waste your MONEY...See San Andreas Instead!!!!

Worst remake of a good movie.....Wasn't the least bit scary....seriously was excited for this movie...it was horrible don't waste your money or your time, go see San Andreas Instead wish I would have!!!!
Adult Written bycampbell.flemming May 25, 2015

They're here!!!

Poltergeist is a remkae of a great 80's horror movie. This movie might not be as good as the original, but it isstill agood movies. There is some language, a little drinking, and a scene with some sexuality, but it's over quickly. This movies has mild violence, but nobody dies. This movie is more about jump scares, good acting, and creepiness that let this movie deliver.
Adult Written byerica921 May 24, 2015
Adult Written byRyan S. May 23, 2015

Good but frightening remake of the original...

I must say, the movie had good quality, but I feel that some children may have some issues with the movie. One issue I feel that some young eyes may have is the constant suspense. This may have negative effects and cause mild short-term paranoia. Also, I don't recommend the jump scares for young eyes. These are frightening for a young audience. Other than that, I recommend the movie strongly:)