Kid reviews for Poltergeist (2015)

Ghostly remake is scary but not as good as the original.

Kid, 12 years old May 25, 2015

I saw this movie in theaters, and it was kinda scary, but I thought the scariest part was when (SPOILER ALERT), the little girl turns around and has a demented demon face and throws the dad onto a table. Other than that, there aren't to many really scary scenes. There are some jump scenes, but if you have already watched movies like Insidious before, then it won't be too bad. There is some language like bulls**t and ass, but it doesnt get bad.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBB2233 June 4, 2015

A cash grab

The poltergeist remake is a Hollywood cash grab. Plain and simple. There was no reason to remake this movie. They did little change to the movie, however I really enjoyed the changes that they made. For example the boy in this movie has a bigger role than the one in the original. Another change that I enjoyed was seeing inside the portal that took Maddie. The acting in this movie was quite good, especially the parents acting. There are also some pretty good scares as well! Things I had trouble during this movie was barely any change, and the reason of making this movie. The original poltergeist was successful. There was no point in remaking it except for money. The poltergeist remake is a passable movie, but it's nothing we haven't seen before.

Kid, 10 years old September 26, 2015

TOO SCARY

THIS HORROR MOVIE HAS INTENSE FRIGHTENING PARTS. IT SCARED ME SO BAD I HAD TO SLEEP WITH THE LIGHTS ON FOR A WEEK! PARENTS DON'T TAKE YOUR KIDS TO SEE THIS MOVIE. IT SHOULD BE RATED R OR NC-17.

Teen, 17 years old Written byVic09pet May 31, 2015
Make sure an adult is watching it with you the fist time you see it

Teen, 14 years old Written byfilm geek September 25, 2015

Waste of my time

Saw the original, and then went to see this remake in the cinema. What a disappointment. I don't really get that based by horror movies, but I sat in the cinema and couldn't stop laughing from beginning to end. You would think that by now, with all the tech and clever screen writing, they might be able to make a half decent remake, or at least a scary one at that. A waste of time, don't bother. Watch the original instead.

Kid, 11 years old July 11, 2015

Good horror movie is dark,scary, and is very violent

This is a good horror movie. You get what you expect in the horror movie :violence and scares. This was my first horror movie and I say it was pretty good. It is not really that scary but is really scary for younger kids. Lots of jumpscares,undead creatures, and creepy clown, a whole with this black liquid. They're is swearing,sex, and alcohol use. Teens only.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 24, 2015
Teen, 13 years old Written by_jenjen June 28, 2015

A good movie

This was the first horror movie I have ever seen. I was scared to go see it, but honestly it was not very scary at all. It was a good movie and had a good story to it. I want to see the original after seeing the remake.
Kid, 11 years old September 13, 2015

Scary!!

This movie is very scary. There is some language and scariness but I think the original is better.

Kid, 12 years old July 9, 2015

Horror

Its a very good horror film

Kid, 8 years old May 30, 2015

Scary, thrilling violent remake is fine for older teens.

My rating:PG-13 for intense sequences of violence, frightening images, racy content, and some language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBrianJohnson June 24, 2016

Not scary

It's awesome, the only scary part is the clown part
Teen, 15 years old Written byBishBryant February 15, 2016

Speechless

I watched this movie with my family, since basically watching horror films is a tradition. We've seen great ones and some not so great. But this one, this just tops for the worst. What this insult of a remake does is take the key parts of the original movie and tames it down by trying to give it a fresh new twist, but it just doesn't work. The whole movie just feels awkward and off balance. The movie actually started off good, until the actually had to put in the effort of making a horror movie. This movie just bombed. I ended up being the only one watching the movie. Thats how bad it was.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySlendyDaMan April 7, 2016

Scary and tense

This movie isn't as scary as other pg-13 horror movies, but it is pretty close to it. This movie is more psychological and has jump-scares. Expect tense, creepy music and scary scenes. Some language, including the b-word, s-word and a-word. A sexually suggestive scene, but doesn't turn into one. Some violence. If you are afraid of clowns, DON'T WATCH THIS. In one dark jump-scare scene, a girl turns around and has a demonic face. This scene is terrifying and will make your heart pound. MY RATING: Rated pg-13 for intense frightening content and terror throughout, some violence, language and some suggestive content. Also there is some drinking, which turns into a scene of horror.

Teen, 15 years old Written byChloe Treska's candy April 18, 2017
Teen, 13 years old Written byJam303 February 1, 2019

Best film ever!

I really liked it.better than the original

Kid, 10 years old October 31, 2018

Depends on your child.

If your child is mature enough it should be okay. There is one scene to fast forward through, though. As for violence, it is more creepy than violent. Language wise, there is like 5 or 6 s**t, 3 or 4 a** and that's it. Worth watching, but don't expect an oscar nominated movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycamwall12 October 20, 2018

Suspenseful

It did not have a lot of violence. I noticed some language but it wasn’t the worst. It just mostly had suspense and jump scares. It wasn’t a bad show.
Kid, 9 years old March 4, 2018

It’s a boring movie it seemed like a horror comedy to me

Watch it wants good for teens and tweens.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybookworm3284 November 17, 2017

Better than I had expected! Not very scary!

Overall this movie was good, but not very scary. Common Sense say's that there are tons of jump scares/shots, but there were only three or four. This might scare the little's, as this movie centers around a Poltergeist with angry spirits possessing trees, toys, lights, televisions, drills and their portal is a closet itself. There are a couple of gross out moments when black stuff with earthworms in it oozes out of a characters mouth, eyes, and nose. This is more of a thriller/suspense than horror. The original (even though it is rated PG) is scarier.