Kid reviews for Poltergeist

One of the all-time great haunted house movies.

Teen, 14 years old Written bykurt5677 October 9, 2019
Teen, 14 years old Written byDuckCommander13 June 16, 2015

Excellent 80's Movie

Poltergeist is an excellent movie for older kids to transition into horror films like The Conjuring. There is a bit of mild language including 7 uses of s***, 4 uses of d***, 1 use of a**, 3 uses of son of a b****, 1 use of b******, 4 uses of h***, and 1 middle finger. The parents are seen smoking weed but it's not encouraged , there is also some beer drinking, but again is not encouraged. There is no sex in this movie. The violence is a little bit gory when a man imagines himself ripping of his face and blood is shone. A clown doll attacks Robbie and a tree tries to swallow him during a tornado. There are no deaths in the movie. Pizza Hut is mentioned. This film was made in 1982, 3 years before the PG-13 rating came out, and this was rated PG, nowadays it would be rated PG-13, but is still fine for kids ages 10 and up

Teen, 14 years old Written byHorror_Movie_Lover September 5, 2014

What a Stupid Horror Movie

Well, frankly, I didn't want to watch the movie, but, my mom insisted, BORING!!!!!!! Don't even bother, watch SAW, Halloween, or the Exorcist, STUPID!!!! Get on my level, yea, get into the thrillers.
Kid, 12 years old June 2, 2020

ok

Not bad for a haunted house movie. It was only a little scary although people said in the old days it was as scary as pet sematary, I don't buy it.

Kid, 11 years old October 14, 2019

It’s not scary

If you can watch Harry Potter it is fine for you.
Kid, 12 years old March 7, 2010

Ok

People say this is "scary" but in my opinion, not at all. sure maybe for younger kids, but to tell u the truth, it really isnt. most special affects r cheesy, but i hav 2 say its an inbetween ok & pretty good movie.

Kid, 11 years old October 31, 2020

My Poltergeist Review

I watched the poltergeist tonight with my family and towards the end I was terrified. It was an amazing film, I just found it scary. Only the bits at the end though. I’ve read other reviews and other people didn’t like the bit where the man pulls his face off. I just don’t like it when the boy gets strangled by the clown and I also don’t like it when I see the skeletons. I am a girl that gets scared easily so I would have waited until I was in my early teens but if you can get out of bed at 2am without looking under your bed then I would recommend this to you at about 10+ or if your brave then maybe 9+ but don’t watch it alone.Thats my review.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAnna918 October 13, 2020

good for family movie night ig??

poltergeist is a kids movie. it was not scary in any way, shape or form. it does say sh!t a couple times but if ur not an annoying paranoid over protective helicopter parent it shouldn’t bother anyone. people talk it up way too much.

Kid, 11 years old November 1, 2017

Very bland.. Until the end.

This movie is very bland to me, until the end. Things start to get creepy, dead bodies come up from the ground, and possessed clown dolls choking children. My one complaint about this movie is the use of marijuana, it's not crucial for this movie to contain it and is a very weird detail, not that this comes up a lot in the movie, it is just a useless detail.
Kid, 11 years old July 21, 2015

A tiny bit scary for young kids... Maybe BUT A MUST SEE FOR TWEENS

If your kid always thinks there's a monster under there bed at night then don't let them watch this. If they are a mature 9-10 year old they should be fine. If you a tween this is a must see! This is one of the most classic horror films out there. The only scary part is when karolane goes toward the TV. This movie is also appropriate for younger children there's one part where the adults are drinking wine/beer and the husband gets a little drunk but no adult content the only thing that happens is the father jumps of the bed thinking he's superman or he's like a super tuff guy. There's a part where a man starts ripping the flesh off his face that may be a bit scary for a younger child

Kid, 11 years old March 28, 2015

A Classic Horror Movie Everyone Should Watch... Eventually.

This movie is one of the few scary movies I truly enjoyed.Though its scary,there are some positive messages of staying together as a family.Its a little too violent in some scenes.The scariest part in the movie for me was when the guy rips his skin and muscle of his face.Other than that, this is an exceptional scary movie!I HIGHLY recommend this classic 80's horror movie.

Kid, 12 years old March 21, 2015

Creepy movie, one minor startling scene, no real scream scenes

Kid, 10 years old December 3, 2011

F+ movie

nothing bad but bad
Teen, 13 years old Written byjedejdkkjsd March 30, 2021

Spooks and ghosts galore!

Do you like haunted houses? If so, then this film is right for you! For me, the film was not great, but thats up to you decide. Please remember that this film contains frightening and gory images. Violence and swearing are also present!

Teen, 13 years old Written bySection658 March 24, 2021

Classic haunted house movie/language/peril/marijuana

Parents and kids should know that Poltergeist is a classic supernatural horror film about poltergeists that steal a couples daughter into the ghost dimension. The movie is great, although some of it's scares and effects are outdated, the movie does succeeded in making a strong sense of dread and helplessness as the family tries everything they can do to get heir daughter back while fighting literal demons and their own personal demons. The movie also plays on your childhood fears of lightning, the monster in the closet, the monster under the bed and your toys at night. The two parents in the family smoke marijuana. Sex isn't that much of an issue, but some older construction workers check out the teen daughter in an inappropriate way. For some comedic relief in the climax, the teen daughter arrives home with a hickey on her neck. Swearing is present and there is middle finger usage. The movie also deals with themes of loss of a family member and moving on from the past to cherish the present.

Teen, 16 years old Written byreservoirdog March 16, 2021
A horror which has a kind of fantasy edge to it, making it family friendly relative to most. The worse parts are a couple of jump scares which aren’t too bad at all. The visual effects are more thrilling than scary and you can get a real buzz off of this film without being terrified.
Kid, 12 years old March 15, 2021

Just My Opinion

I think that this film is fine for 10+ because the graphics aren't great and I'm a scared cat but had no problem with this movie, if your child doesn't like fake blood or things that look like that I would recommend covering their eyes for the scene in the bathtub when the little girl and mom are pulled back.
Teen, 13 years old Written byim_just_izzy March 9, 2021

not that bad!!

i feel that most 8 year olds would be fine, there is one kinda gross scene where this guy pulls his face apart, but if your kid could handle that, it’s fine!
Kid, 9 years old February 6, 2021