All teen and kid member reviews for Ponyo

Teen, 13 years old Written bytricianguyenn February 8, 2012

Stupid movie.

Even though a lot of children might like it this is not the movie for me. I hate it.
Kid, 10 years old May 12, 2016

great

OK so ponyo is a mutant ham loving fish. There are 1000 ponyos but the main one is the oldest.My sis likes it shes like 3 so good.I love it too.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny September 10, 2011

Adorable anime from the mind of Miyazaki...

Although not quite as great as My Neighbor Totoro or Spirited Away, Miyazaki still delivered a promising movie. Ponyo was cute and charming, the animation was brilliant (as usual), and the visual effects were stunning! The violence is quite tame. There is some romance between Ponyo and Sosuke. I still don't get why a five-year-old had to make a love promise, though. Other than that, it was a nice movie.
Kid, 8 years old August 23, 2009

Perfect for 5+

I LOVE hayao mizaki (I problably spelled it wrong) I love all his movies?? he is the best! Some of his other movies are: Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro (my favorite movie ever) and, Ponyo. ;D
Kid, 12 years old August 31, 2012

Totally Amazing

I am a huge fan of Studio Ghibli's films. The animation is fantastic and the plot is very cute. I don't know why people are having a cow over the breastfeeding line though, because THATS WHAT THEY'RE FOR! It's better for kids to learn here instead of school, right? Anyways, yeah I love all of Mizayaki's works and this is definatley a good movie.
Kid, 10 years old August 18, 2009

hard to understand

I absolutely loved it! Ponyo is sooooooooo cute The only problems were that it's really psychological and you sorta have to be japanese to understand it. (I'm part japanese)
Teen, 13 years old Written by♥kittykinz♥ August 12, 2009
I'm always going and seeing little kid movies with my sisters and I can tell I'll definitely be going to see this one.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNeon_Fish September 5, 2015

Good movie

There's some pretty scary scenes which would be unsuitable for younger kids.
Kid, 9 years old August 29, 2015

The best!

It's cute, Ponyo is the best! If you want to watch it, watch this! It's great, some romance, mild language.
Teen, 17 years old Written by_____________ August 29, 2015
Teen, 14 years old Written byRaeBae2000 June 16, 2014

Charming and adorable!(:

Teen, 14 years old Written bylaurensb July 1, 2013

Not Just For Little Kids

I just watched this movie with my little sister today. We both loved it, and I'm 14! It was really cute, and I love Miyazaki's movies. Studio Ghibli's artwork and animation is beautiful and amazing. Even if you think you're too old for it, go see it anyway, you won't be disappointed.
Kid, 9 years old June 30, 2013

The Best Movie I Have Ever Seen!!!

This Movie is My Fav Movie Ever!!! It Made Me Love Anime Now I Watch Fruits Basket, Toradora and Other Animes all Because of This Movie and I Watched When I Was 6 and Became an Instant Miyazaki Fan. I Really Love This Movie
Kid, 10 years old June 23, 2013

Ponyo, young and old

A great movie! Mostly for younger kids but your older ids can still watch it, and I don't now how they couldn't love it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirectioner23 January 13, 2013

Adorable! Beautiful animation!

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheYoungSnob August 11, 2012

Not bad, but Overrated.

Firstly, let me get one thing clear: this wasn't a bad film. I actually think it's a good opportunity for family members to come together and watch a friendly film with the kids. It's cute and strange, definitely visually breathtaking. These are all very good things that keep kids enlightened and entertained! But for the most part, Ponyo is simply a story about a little fish girl who falls in love with a human boy, and they spend the entire movie acting cute while the world ends. There are two points I need to address here, one being: the storyline is just fine for kids, but for adults, it could get boring. I mean, all it really is is this adorable, five-year-old love story which, to be honest with you, isn't overwhelming. But what about the world ending, you ask, isn't that overwhelming? That is what I am going to address in my second point. The whole issue with the world ending, I think that was just Hayao Miyazaki's attempt to throw some massive adventure in there, and to tell you the truth, I think he COULD have done better. The end of the world, as we all now, is a major deal. However, the people in the movie treat it as a minor inconvenience, as if they hadn't just lost all their homes and possessions. Also, nobody even questions why all this is happening, or why there are frightening, ancient fish underwater. They simply go along with it, which I gotta say is the very thing that makes this movie underwhelming. It's underwhelming people put in and overwhelming situation, and when that happens, you KNOW the situation is going to be a whole lot more bland than before. So, in itself Ponyo is a memorable film, mostly for its quirkiness and nonstop adorableness. Seriously, the cutsey moments in this movie are too much to bare. This, paired with the fantastic animation, is why most people tend to see Ponyo as a masterpiece. With all this in mind, Pony now seems a bit overrated to me. I mean, sure, it's a pretty good movie except for the story, and it did it's job well as a kid's film. But there's allot of waiting, and once I saw Ponyo the second time, I fell asleep halfway through. Some things parents need to know: This movie is perfect for kids. It's not scary or spooky, it's just different and strange, but sometimes people mix up the two. Ponyo is a good film for all ages, Most of the time.
Kid, 10 years old May 7, 2012

Best Anime movie ever!!!

I love this movie to death! I remember going to theaters watching this with my mom in the summer time. This is a great movie for little kids but they might get a funny feeling watching the kind of animation. I suggest this for 9yrs and up, but you can let your children watch it. When I was 5, I liked anime a little bit. But now, I'm a lover of anime! Watch this with your kids, it's a must see! In the summer time, when it is raining outside, I go watch some anime movies or some shows and if my big brother isn't busy,he watches anime too. Me and my brother are freaks of anime movies and shows. Try and do that with your family.
Kid, 6 years old February 9, 2012

sold out everywhere...

great movie
Teen, 17 years old Written bylamanjalo February 5, 2012

Very cute movie!

Beautifully made and adorable characters...a little weird though.
Kid, 11 years old February 4, 2012

Good for any age, really.

This is such a fun movie. I watch it with my sisters ages 9, 7, and 2 and we love it so much. There is not anything wrong or inappropriate.