Kid reviews for Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin

Cute Winnie the Pooh adventure for little ones.

Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2012

VERY SCARY AND SAD

The songs are tedious and unnecessary (especially the last one) and the plot is way too obvious, but I still liked this movie a lot. Even as a little kid, I loved the rush of fear I got while watching a scary movie, so I loved this and still do. But your average little kid does not enjoy fear, so parents need to take major heed with this movie. It's theme is very sad (I still cry when I hear the song "Wherever You Are") and some of the images are very scary (they still scare me, and I am 14). When I read the article for this, I literally cried at how much information Maria Llull, the writer of the CSM review, left out. "Good, clean fun and positive messages"? Are you high? You gotta try the psychotics, honey! The funny thing is that almost all other Pooh film articles have at least one tip on violence and scariness, but for minor things. This is the ONLY Pooh film I think is scary, but, ironically enough, it is one of the only ones that has zero info on scariness. Someone smart like Nell Minow should have written this article, and then it would be more accurate. If it were my choice, I would make this film PG for scary images and thematic elements.
To join my petition for recognizing this movie's scariness and Maria Lull's stunningly and painfully wrong review, click the "helped me decide", "had useful details" and "read my mind" buttons. At least then I'll know a FEW people in this world make sense.

Teen, 15 years old Written byI am thanos December 21, 2019

VERY BAD FOR KIDS

THIS SHOW UGH IS 18+!!! VERY VERY SCARY AND TOO MUCH SWEARING!!

Teen, 15 years old Written byHudsonT July 24, 2018

Good film, but surprisingly scary.

I enjoyed this film in childhood, and I hope other kids get to as well. However, I will say that this NOT your typical, cutesy, happy-go-lucky Winnie The Pooh flick. This one is surprisingly dark and violent (well, maybe not violent, so much as scary) for something based on Pooh Bear, with spooky caves, creepy noises, and the paranoia of being stalked by a monster. I suggest that parents watch this film with their children the first couple times.

Kid, 12 years old May 11, 2018

Good movie, but scary for some sensitive kids

I don't know why they put scary stuff in this movie; (A mountain shaped like a skull face, spooky noises and shadows, etc.) But I still think its a good movie for nonsensitive kids.
Kid, 11 years old March 10, 2018

scary but is good for yonger kids

this movie has peril,scariness,and sadness. for example,pooh bear is stuck in a hole and thinks he is loanly tigger is also stuck on a log in a cliff (spoiler alert) than the whole gang falls. but piglet faced his biggest fear and tigger got his strenth back and rabbit thought of a big plan and pooh was not loanly anymore.

Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2016

I TOTES agree with the 12-year-old

When I watched this I was surprised and almost turned it off but my 10-year-old sister liked it, so we kept watching. There was a somewhat happy ending but I won't be seeing it again. I don't know why everyone loves it cause it is the darkest of the Winnie the Pooh movies and even creeped me out. It was very drawn out and dramatic, while I was wondering, how long is this thing? When Owl misreads the school thing into skull I felt a rush of adrenaline that continued to come up throughout the movie. I was shocked at how dark it was for Winnie the Pooh, cause usually these movies are like, comfort movies or something? I think I might remember maybe one funny part but I don't remember what it was. The Backson thing in the 2011 movie was way less dark and I'm getting the creeps right now writing about it. So this movie is just not essential. Don't watch it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTheExitedOne May 25, 2016

The best Pooh film I've yet seen.

This is mostly from my personal experience watching this. I believe this is a great movie. I understand the complaints about the fear factor, but I personally don't think it's that bad. Sure, a kid under four or five might be scared, but (and maybe I'm just weird) I never found this movie scary. Exiting, yes. However, there's much more good than bad to it. First of all, the songs, Adventure is a Wonderful Thing in particular, are great, and a core part of the movie. It's, as said, exciting, and any adventure-loving kid will really like the plot. I remember after watching this, I was obsessed with quests and fantastical maps and the like. But again, maybe it's just me. This was my favorite movie for 5 years and still makes the list. I hope some of you can relate to this review. The one complaint I have: it has (from the view of an older fellow like myself) not a great ending. However, it's a great message for kids that many fears are just that, and he movie overall has a good tone to it. Younger kids will likely enjoy the ending.

Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2014

As in the words of R.L Stine...

"Viewer beware, your in for a scare." This movie has some scary scenes for little kids, however it never bothered me when I was little( but that doesn't mean it won't scare your kid). Even though it has some scary scenes, it teaches a good lesson that kids should know. The end of the movie ends well/nice(you might tear up by how happy it is).

Teen, 15 years old Written byDivine_Munchie_99 August 18, 2009

Darker than expected

I saw this a while back, and it's much darker than I expected. The peril is quite intense, so I'm surprised this got a G rating. However, it's very heartwarming. A must for kids who like the adrenaline rush of fear.