All teen and kid member reviews for Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin

Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2012

VERY SCARY AND SAD

The songs are tedious and unnecessary (especially the last one) and the plot is way too obvious, but I still liked this movie a lot. Even as a little kid, I loved the rush of fear I got while watching a scary movie, so I loved this and still do. But your average little kid does not enjoy fear, so parents need to take major heed with this movie. It's theme is very sad (I still cry when I hear the song "Wherever You Are") and some of the images are very scary (they still scare me, and I am 14). When I read the article for this, I literally cried at how much information Maria Llull, the writer of the CSM review, left out. "Good, clean fun and positive messages"? Are you high? You gotta try the psychotics, honey! The funny thing is that almost all other Pooh film articles have at least one tip on violence and scariness, but for minor things. This is the ONLY Pooh film I think is scary, but, ironically enough, it is one of the only ones that has zero info on scariness. Someone smart like Nell Minow should have written this article, and then it would be more accurate. If it were my choice, I would make this film PG for scary images and thematic elements. To join my petition for recognizing this movie's scariness and Maria Lull's stunningly and painfully wrong review, click the "helped me decide", "had useful details" and "read my mind" buttons. At least then I'll know a FEW people in this world make sense.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDivine_Munchie_99 August 18, 2009

Darker than expected

I saw this a while back, and it's much darker than I expected. The peril is quite intense, so I'm surprised this got a G rating. However, it's very heartwarming. A must for kids who like the adrenaline rush of fear.
Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2016

I TOTES agree with the 12-year-old

When I watched this I was surprised and almost turned it off but my 10-year-old sister liked it, so we kept watching. There was a somewhat happy ending but I won't be seeing it again. I don't know why everyone loves it cause it is the darkest of the Winnie the Pooh movies and even creeped me out. It was very drawn out and dramatic, while I was wondering, how long is this thing? When Owl misreads the school thing into skull I felt a rush of adrenaline that continued to come up throughout the movie. I was shocked at how dark it was for Winnie the Pooh, cause usually these movies are like, comfort movies or something? I think I might remember maybe one funny part but I don't remember what it was. The Backson thing in the 2011 movie was way less dark and I'm getting the creeps right now writing about it. So this movie is just not essential. Don't watch it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheExitedOne May 25, 2016

The best Pooh film I've yet seen.

This is mostly from my personal experience watching this. I believe this is a great movie. I understand the complaints about the fear factor, but I personally don't think it's that bad. Sure, a kid under four or five might be scared, but (and maybe I'm just weird) I never found this movie scary. Exiting, yes. However, there's much more good than bad to it. First of all, the songs, Adventure is a Wonderful Thing in particular, are great, and a core part of the movie. It's, as said, exciting, and any adventure-loving kid will really like the plot. I remember after watching this, I was obsessed with quests and fantastical maps and the like. But again, maybe it's just me. This was my favorite movie for 5 years and still makes the list. I hope some of you can relate to this review. The one complaint I have: it has (from the view of an older fellow like myself) not a great ending. However, it's a great message for kids that many fears are just that, and he movie overall has a good tone to it. Younger kids will likely enjoy the ending.
Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2014

As in the words of R.L Stine...

"Viewer beware, your in for a scare." This movie has some scary scenes for little kids, however it never bothered me when I was little( but that doesn't mean it won't scare your kid). Even though it has some scary scenes, it teaches a good lesson that kids should know. The end of the movie ends well/nice(you might tear up by how happy it is).