Kid reviews for Power Rangers

Violent, more mature Rangers reboot is overly angst-filled.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPaul Andrew March 25, 2017

Teen, 13 years old Written byJohnnyWhite March 26, 2017

Surpringsingly violent adaptation feels very long unless you really enjoy it

Education 0/5 - Not much education to learn from this. Violence 3/5 - Much more violence than the show. Giant robots destroy a town and there is alot of destruction. Bullies fight each other, headbutting and punching. Not much blood is shown except for cuts and bruises. Language 3/5 - Alot of uses of "ass" "crappy" "hell" "damn" "sexy" "freak" "screw-up" A few uses of "sh-t" "b-tch" "son of a b-tch" The Blue Ranger begins to say "mother f..." , but is cut off. Sex 3/5 - The Yellow Ranger's backstory is all about her sending sexually explicit images of her friends and then being sent to a teen's detention centre for it. Some kissing and hugging. A builder spots Rita Repulsa and whistles. Role Models 4/5 - The Power Rangers are superheroes who defend their home town of Angel Grove. They are good role models for kids because they are always standing up to evil. All of the Rangers have broken the law before and that has to do with how they all met. Some of the things they did may not look good. Drinking/drugs 0/5 - All of the Power Rangers are teenagers and do not drink or smoke. Good messages 4/5 - Power Rangers sends out a very good message that even a bunch of losers like them who have broken the law and aren't doing great in life can become great people and be whoever they want to.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEpic Fun Girl April 3, 2017

FILTHY

The pink ranger STRIPS TO HER UNERWEAR AND BRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thear is a lot of langage and inuendo

Kid, 11 years old April 4, 2017

I don't liked

I think this movie was kinda bad (in my opinion)!

Teen, 15 years old Written bycharlie5000 April 23, 2017

Teen, 14 years old Written byMike Van syl April 8, 2017

Not Really What Was On The Trailer

This movie had a lot of great scenes, but the goofy music, the fiction-ness stood out a lot. Is it me, or did the music not fit with the scene?!?.... Besides that, the movie was jumping around including "3 weeks later" in the beginning of the movie... Many times the excitement did not build up but idk

Kid, 12 years old April 10, 2017

This movie is just a rely great movie, by my opinion. It even has a moral message inside the movie.

Teen, 15 years old Written byXxGeekGirlxX July 18, 2018

A Pre-Teens Film

When I was younger, I was never interested in Power Rangers, but when I saw this movie I wanted more. It is not just a fun superhero film, but a film that addresses real life issues, like sexting and coming out. It has the first austitic and lesbian characters as superhero’s, which make great role models. Personally, I get 2 messages from this 1, stand up and take action, be responsible for what you have done, and 2, don’t let anyone push you down, you are perfect the way you are. These 2 messages are great life lessons, and even though the film may be a tiny bit cheesy, it is nevertheless a great one.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTengo April 9, 2017

movie for teenagers and not for kids

it's serious movie. more dark tone of power rangers. P.S It has great soundtracks
Teen, 15 years old Written byabmoviewatcher April 1, 2017

POWER RANGERS

Many people have had mixed feelings about this movie. I personally (as a kid fan of the original power rangers) really enjoyed this movie. It brought me back to my childhood. The whole movie just felt really sentimental. However, this is not a pg movie. There were some major differences from the kids show.. The movie had no idea what age group it was for. It would hop from cheesy fight scenes to jokes about drugs, so that you didn't know if it was trying to be power rangers or a teen movie about rarely-masked superheroes. There was some language and not too much violence. There were several scenes that would be quite scary for kids younger than 9 or 10. There were a few innapropriate jokes that would most likely fly over kids' heads. Other than that, it was generally ok for kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHarry.trax March 27, 2017

Boring, predictable, slow and slightly entertaining movie!

Violence and gore: 3/5 Language: 3/5 Sex and nudity: 1/5 Frightening images and terror: 3/5 Total: 10/20 : Age 12+ For sci-fi action and violence, some frightening images and brief language including crude humor.

Teen, 16 years old Written byKid-born-in-2000 March 31, 2017

Poor clone of Avengers.

With a franchise as old as Power Rangers, the director had an impossible task: introduce +10 characters as well as make a memorable story with them. We only got one word sentences for each character (Red Ranger was the jock who made one mistake and now his future is over. Blue Ranger had all the smarts but no ability to have a normal conversation.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDCfnaf March 28, 2017

Power Rangers is Surprisingly Decent

I'd say Power Rangers is a movie to watch if you are a fan of the series. You will have a nice time if you like the series because the action sequences are very similar to the actual shows. There may be some curses and there is a sexting reference and a...weird scene with the bull at the beginning...but you can still bring your kids to enjoy it and I guarantee that they won't care at all (unless they're 12 year olds). As for people like me, who are just casual movie goers that aren't huge fans of Power Rangers, I'd say go ahead if you think it's interesting, but miss it if you don't. This is one of those movies where I feel like the choice is on you. If you have kids who enjoy the movie, definitely take them to see it. You may not have a good time, but they certainly will.

Teen, 15 years old Written bytronboy144 March 27, 2017

A Fun Popcorn flick!

I think this movie was great! A good version of the Power Rangers that I want to see more of. But, don't be fooled by the fact that it's Power Ranger. It deserves it's PG-13 rating. Not to a point where an 11 year-old can't see it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAthena7629 June 20, 2017

Great movie, why are parents mad?

I really enjoyed this movie. If your child is younger than 13 and wants to watch the movie, it is your responsibility to tell them that they are not old enough to watch it. Do not go bashing the movie just because your kid can't watch it. If you haven't watched it and have been giving this movie a bad review, I can't see why. Some say because the movie was made for older audiences. Well, the people that made this movie wanted it to be for older audiences maybe because this generation of kids didn't grow up watching power rangers and most teens and adults have. I'm sorry if your kid grew up watching it and is still too young, it's your responsibility to tell them that they can't and maybe even lie and say that the movie is bad and nothing like the original one for kids, because that's what your reviews have been saying. If you're like me, you loved seeing the movie in this perspective and had flashbacks of the old one in certain fighting scenes. If you took your kid to see this movie and they were too young, that's your fault for not checking the rating or not taking it seriously. If you took your 13 year old and still had issues with the movie, these are probably some thnings that you flagged as inappropriate: the scene with the cow, trini being gay, cuss words, and Kimberly talking to Jason about the situation she was in with her friends. If these are the scenes that you didn't want your 13 year old to watch, let me tell you why you may be wrong. Your kid most likely hears cuss words all day in middle school, you shouldn't think Trini being gay is inappropriate because think about it this way, a girl kissing a girl is the exact same thing as a girl kissing a boy, not saying that there was any kissing in the movie, but gay is not inappropriate. There is a scene where Trini's mother believes that Trini is doing drugs, your child shoudl know to never do drugs, enough said. The situation that Kimberly was in with her friends has probably happened at your kid's school, even though you may not believe it, kids are bad and cruel. As for any other things in the movie thta you find inappropriate, you should've raised your kids to be mature and to not think that things they see in movies are ok. Adults and teens, can watch power rangers in a new serious light, with comedy thrown in here and there. In conclusion, the movie is great and is great for mature pre-teens and older. Parents should stop complaining.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySpectacular2017 March 30, 2017

A proper reboot of the rangers

This film was incredible. As a kid, I was a huge Power Rangers fan. I used to watch all the various seasons of Power Rangers all the time. I am still able to recall every single season from mighty morphing to the current one, Ninja Steel. I stopped watching when Nickelodeon took over. I was around 11 years old when that happened, so I guess I was a little old. However, every now and then I enjoy watching the campy series and laughing. However, I always had wondered what the rangers would be like if in re envisioned for a new audience, with a holly wood movie budget. And let me just tell you, this movie is spectacular! It deals with the Rangers, and their individual stories at the start of the film. However, they quickly meet each other, and find the power coins. This film had a serious tone to it, while also having some of the cheesy elements that made the series great. However, this movie does embrace more of the fighting and action that the series should have had, so it's not for the littlest of kids. But this film is a completely different take on the rangers, that I for one very much enjoy. However, if you were never in your life a power rangers fan at one point in time, I'm not sure you will like it. But I know I did.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBrandon_O'Quinn16 July 2, 2017

Good movie

Personally, I watched scattered episodes of every power rangers season as a kid and absolutely loved them. However, as I turned thirteen last year i began to think of it as more campy and corny. However I still watch them just for nostalgia. However, parents do not be fooled by the title, this movie amps up the violence by a long shot. There's language such as bull***t and d**n, as well as inappropriate references that adults will get. Still in my opinion an ok movie. Older power rangers fans might enjoy it while the younger ones might be a tad bit confused with more mature themes.

Teen, 14 years old Written byEsmedann April 1, 2017

Parents are overreacting, " it's not for children " DUH that's why it's rated 12A

Yes, there was minor swear words used and references to sexuality and sex parents who took there young children to see it have no right to be upset, the rating is a 12a so you shouldn't have taken anyone younger too see it, it wasn't made for young children as they weren't kids when the original series aired. I think 12+ is fine ( which is the rating ) it's no worse in fact it's less rude and has less sexual references and violence than the avengers which people still take there under aged kids to. And it's very good

Teen, 13 years old Written bykxc March 27, 2017

Good for kids!

As a teen I felt the movie had very little inappropriate references and when they did they were very short. It's a very diverse, grown up version and i think all kids will love it! Definitely reccomend!

Kid, 12 years old March 26, 2017

"Power Rangers" Is a More Mature Version of the Children's shoe!

The movie was fantastic. Being twelve years old I was hoping for a bit more mature version of what I was watching when I was younger. The language was a bit over the top but that's just about it. The new movie definitely is good for kids in middle school. I wouldn't recommend bringing younger children or your kids are gonna be coming home saying some colorful words. Definitely take your middle schoolers to it! They will surely love it! Now Go Go see that movie!