Kid reviews for Practical Magic

Practical Magic Poster Image

Disturbing and Odd Witch Movie for Teens and Up

A bit disturbing and off, some teens may enjoy Practical Magic. Expect adult content and violence in weird movie.

Disturbing and Scarey

*Before I write this review, y'all should know that I absolutely hate horror movies and always have* Personally, I did not find this movie enjoyable at all. It was too scary and unrealistic for me. The movie was centered on an abusive relationship, dead people coming back to life, magic, witches and people being possessed. There was one scene that extremely disturbing where a lady was possessed with her abusive boyfriend, whom she killed. Eventually, the movie had a good ending where the curse was broke and one of the main characters found her true love, but everything before that was not enjoyable to watch.

Good, not the best for kids.

The movie is great, but it's not the best movie for kids. The abusive boyfriend and his re-awakening with an evil spirit is sort of inappropriate, but the ending is great. I personally loved watching Sally and the detective's "true love" story, but I don't think kids will like it.

Bad. Bad. Bad.

Bad Bad Bad. I originally thought this would be a romantic love story but it was not, it was a horror movie. Personally I hate horror movies so I didn’t like this movie at all. If you love horror movies like one of my best friends you will love this movie. If you are like me and hate horror movies -DON’T WATCH EVER!!! There is one boyfriend who comes back to life so many times at the end I was still not sure if he was dead. Some parts were annoying because the main characters made the worst decisions, like main characters often do in movies, but they made so many horrible decisions it made me mad. I would not recommend this movie to anyone who doesn’t like horror movies. I hated this movie and I would NOT WATCH IT AGAIN until I am much, much older.

Not good for some audiences!

Other than that, it's a great movie!

Iffy...

I think that the movie is over-all, good, but the part where the woman is being possessed got me a little freaked out. As did the part where the boyfriend comes back. I would be okay watching it now - because I'm older now - but I wouldn't say it's suitable for -11's.