Parent reviews for Predator

Predator Poster Image

A Classic

Like a lot of 80s movies this isn't nearly as gory or violent as it's rating might suggest. Yes there's a lot of shooting, guns, explosions and death in this, but there are only a couple of genuine "gore" scenes; once when the helicopter crew are skinned and hung in the tree, and the other when Jesse Ventura is exploded by the protagonists death ray. This should be fine for a 12 year-old with a sensible head on their shoulders.
1 person found this helpful.

Great alien action movie for older kids

You might say that the older the movie, the less violent, that is proved wrong by Predator. While I love this movie, and I think it has a great storyline, it is still very violent. There is a scene where it shows some marines that have been hung from a branch and have had all of their skin cut off. Aside from the skinning scene, there is just gun violence and a couple of gory stabbings. Another issue is the language. There is the constant use of the F word mostly by Blain, but if you don't care about language it's not too bad. All in all a great movie, but don't pull it out until they are at LEAST 14.

Predator-grewt for everyone

My 13 year old was begging me to watch predator as he is a big Arnold fan and i after watching it i saw that it was appropriate because there is alot of action there is not that much blood, there is also a lot of swearing but they will have heard that in films such as kingsman, because of the films age it has a sort of more modern fakeness to it, a mature 13 year old would love this and any 14 and up will love it

Great

I watched this when i was four and I loved biut I do not Suggest for kids under then 12

A classic 80s action flick

It's rated R, has lots of violence and death. Should be fine for older teens though.

Great

lots of swearing plus violence good story but really a typical Arnold Schwarzenegger movie.

great classic

This is a great movie but yet pretty brutal in the sense of having some cheesy gore and blood. Also there is so much bad language so watch out!!! Before watching just make sure your kid is mature enough. overall this is an amazing movie with very cheesy violence and bad language.

Its not r its only m for mature audiences

I think its a bit bloody for a M movie so dont let your kids watch it if they hate the look of blood.

Arnold vs alien = great

Great action and good comedy, guns guns and knifes 9/10

The predator (1987) is one of the best sci fi/action film!

Men are seen hanging upside down dead with no skin "pretty disturbing." After the predator kills his special pray he will rip out their spin including the skull still attached with it. This is seen happening to one man. The predator has a laser weapon that is on his shoulder, when any body being hit by the blast of this laser , it leaves a very big bloody hole. In one scene a character head was completely blown off (the blood splatters all over the screen!) Another character had his arm decapitated from the laser blast. Many other bloody shootouts are prevalent here. The F bomb was used around 10-20 times, including dozens of other cuss words.