All teen and kid member reviews for Pretty in Pink

Teen, 13 years old Written byGloBugXOXO April 9, 2008

I'm such an 80s dork....lol

I love 80s movies... Breakfast Club... The Outsiders... Sixteen Candles... The Goonies... they're fab. P.I.P is awesome, but it's best for 12 and up. I LOVE duckie, he reminds me so much of my friend....haha
Teen, 14 years old Written bylucas201 October 21, 2010
The best teen 80s movie ever
Teen, 13 years old Written byNerd Emo Girl August 31, 2012

Disapointed.It Gives Us The Wrong Idea.

I Love 80's Romance Films But I Expected More From This Film,Its Not As Good As The Description Makes It Out To Be Plus I Think It Gives Girls The wrong idea About Who You Choose It Makes It Look Like Its OK To Let Boys hurt You SHE SHOULD OF CHOOSE DUCKIE altho It Does Give Us One Good Motive Being Dont Change For Anyone And Ignore The Bullies
Kid, 8 years old July 15, 2015

Pretty mature,dated,boring drama is plenty racy.

My rating:PG-13 for racy references.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBookstho August 24, 2014

Great, but edgy

My opinion on the actual story line is that the tale is brilliant. It's my favorite movie. However, in the true fashion of John Hughes movies, it is a movie that you need to have had "the talk" before watching. There is a typical mean girl, a (thoroughly realistic) player, and several scenes that aren't for immature kids. I will just say, do me this favor, and don't let your child watch it until they can completely understand what is going on. When it comes to less light hearted movies like this, I feel it's better to wait until your child is old enough that you can have a good conversation with them about what happened in the movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydoctor11 May 16, 2014

Cant honestly tell you why i think this is a classic.

this was an awful move. while im am a huge fan of 80s classics i wouldnt consider this one of them. the end was by far the worst! She definitely ended up with the wrong guy. the end was so bad i cried out of pity for the on who really loved her, ducky. It gives horrible messages. A message that says "if you love someone but they dont love you than it isnt real love" and "go for the rich hot one".
Teen, 16 years old Written bybreakfastclubgirl3 July 11, 2013

Pretty in Pink Review

The movie itself was pretty god. On the other hand, it was clear that Molly Ringwald and Andrew McCarthy had no chemistry whatsoever (which is extremely important in the making of a movie). The ending is somewhat disappointing, but there are some messages that are true still today.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySumBO October 1, 2012

Molly Ringwald at her best.

Mild profanity. Some kissing. Great Movie. Fine for 12 & up.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycharlie.rainbow July 8, 2012

Not bad...

Just watched this...I was pretty good. Kind of a chick flick. A bit over-rated, but is was cute. It reminded me of "The Outsiders" a bit because of the large gap between the rich kids and the poor.
Teen, 16 years old Written bythefalconater March 17, 2011

I enjoy cheesy sappy 80s romance

Aw. I love this movie (Andrew McCarthy rocks!). The whole 80's John Hughes collection of movies are fantastic. Every single one of them is perfect for teens. Just watch every single movie in that pack. It's well worth it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byasecoolish February 1, 2011
great movie for tweens that are somewhat mature a classic sweet 80s flick
Teen, 13 years old Written byjjacobs343 January 22, 2011
I loved it!! i saw it last year but my parents are pretty tolerant, good for teens and some tweens
Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 August 16, 2009
Teen, 17 years old Written bycopperzinc April 3, 2009
Teen, 16 years old Written byPunkRedSkittles_78 April 9, 2008

80's love

I really enjoyed this movie. ALtho when it came out i wasnt born yet or even planned i really connected to this movie when i first saw it & i believe all kids around the age of 13-etc..should see this movie it show what can actually happen in school and even those years are way different from the today, the same concept occurs in my school and our school everywhere!