Kid reviews for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

A good Jane Austen movie, but a poor zombie movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAlicia_Copak February 13, 2016

Awesome movie

Great movie! Followed original book and movie well and quite scary! For kids and parents that don't like blood and heads blowing up, don't watch this! But overall, great movie!
Teen, 16 years old Written byDrSoup007 February 7, 2016

Bizarre and charming, definitely an unexpected liking

This movie is ridiculously stupid, but self aware of its hilarity. If not for some good action, Matt Smith's great comedic acting, and it's ability to somehow tell the story of Pride and Prejudice...with Zombies, I doubt I would've liked it as much as I did. It's certainly not without it's flaws, but it's successful in being charming, quite funny, and a good zombie oriented story. I'll give it props for doing something so audacious and still being successful in a small way. Most won't like this, but it's a true adaption and I'm impressed.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCharmaline July 26, 2016

Awesome

I really think this is a really good movie, PERFECT for years 10 and up depending on how mature your tween is. *BEWARE FOR SPOILERS* At the very beginning, we see Mr Darcy, one of our main protagonists being checked for zombie bites - meaning he is completely naked. You DO NOT see any private parts (which me being me is slightly disappointed about lol) however, the guy who is checking him takes a sneaky peak at Darcy's winkywonk and grunts as we imagine how small it is in our heads.... Ok, as we continue through the story, there is a scene soon after that in which Mr Darcy is involved again where he is searching for people that have zombie bites. He finds the man who has been bitten and bashes and cuts part of his head off, you do not see the process, however you do see a glimpse of his head afterwards. There is slight sexism in the ballroom scene, where I think Darcy describes our other main protagonist, Elizabeth, as tolerable, but you'd have to watch it to see what I mean. Going through, I can't really think of any possible problems apart from a slightly sexual fight scene and some hot and heavy kissing scenes right at the end, hope this helps!

Teen, 13 years old Written bySofiaStar June 26, 2017

Are You Kidding Me, People?

This movie is the best movie in the world. How do you people give this overall 2 stars?????? I have watched this movie literally at least 50 times. How is this "A poor zombie film?" It has the best action scenes in it, and the best part is that it's ALL GIRLS. The romance between Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth is impeccable. I love stories like this where they both hate each other then slowly start to fall in love. Their fight scene against each other is my favorite scene in the movie. <3 Plus, I love watching Mrs. Bingley (Charles' sister) get shot down by Mr. Darcy. You people are crazy if you don't like it. SERIOUSLY. Maybe some kids can't handle it because of the violence, but if you're old enough you should love this movie lol.

Teen, 16 years old Written byKrokodilelovespie February 16, 2016

Surprising

I went to the theatre expecting to see a cheap annoying parody of a classic. Turns out directing, screenplay, cast and even the effects were done pro. True, boring as Pride and Prejustice could be but not a quality fail. With modern wave of "Resident Evil" it's perfect for all who can't stand unravelling Mr.Darcy and Miss . Bennett through the traditional path of a hardcover. And let me say I'm mad about the woman power in this one!

Teen, 13 years old Written bytsundere.goals June 28, 2016

Really good movie

Personally, I really enjoyed this movie. There were some moments that were a bit disturbing, like when zombies got their heads blown off, or there was a sudden loud sound. I really like how in this movie, the woman are the ones who fight, and can handle the zombies like a boss. Overall, I really recommend this movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPoppy.bath June 25, 2016

Funny mixed with blood and gore

In parts, this movie was hilarious! while in others, you may want to cover your eyes... blood and gore with slitting throats and stabbing as well as gun wounds and half decayed zombie people. there is little if no innuendo but still romantic, very well acted and an overall very enjoyable movie! the sisters are all well trained and (Lizzy especially) quite sassy! this movie gets 4 1/2 out of 5 for half decayed zombie people

Kid, 12 years old May 30, 2016

Good

Good movie- its stupid, but good. Quite scary zombies- which is why 12 and up is a decent age rating.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMusicalWhovian July 5, 2018

I wasn't expecting much

I've seen the entire 6 hour long BBC miniseries, so I consider myself a Pride and Prejudice fan. My mother saw this closer to when it came out on a plane ride to Hawaii, and told me it was horrible. So when I saw that Matt Smith, one of my favorite actors thanks to Doctor Who, was in it earlier today, I told my mom that we should watch it soon. When the movie we were going to rent wasn't available, we went in our video library and pulled out this movie thanks to my request to watch it. I'm thirteen, almost three months away from turning fourteen, and decided, HEY, I WON'T BE SCARED AT ALL! I was right- almost. The movie starts off EXTREMELY trying to gross you out, to introduce the zombies in a frightening way. As time passes and the movie goes by, it gets less gross. There are more zombies, but the faces aren't as disgusting. It's actually quite entertaining, how gross they are. There's one moment with a zombie mother and child which is quite creepy, about halfway through. Lily James was the perfect Elizabeth, although it was weird to see her without blonde hair. Sam Riley wasn't the best choice for Darcy- he has a scratchy voice, and isn't the best looking. But I think their casting as Matt Smith as Mr. Collins was the best thing in the world- the role was practically made for him (Maybe an influence because he and Clara DID meet Jane Austen ;) Whovians get the joke). There's nothing much in the way of sex, a bit of kissing at the end, but that's it. There's cleavage, but nothing too inappropriate. I think it's awesome that the women are all fighters, because we NEED to see more of women fighting in movies! There's drinking at parties, which is to be expected. I do not recall any inappropriate language being used. I'd have to say, it was much better than I was expecting. I wouldn't watch it nonstop, but in a year or so if someone wanted to watch it with me I wouldn't say no. It's good for 13 year olds who can handle a bit of a fright, or 14 and older. It's more gory than things like Doctor Who (but not as scary, cough cough the empty child), but less gory than movies like the Lord of the Rings, which I recall was very gory. I highly suggest this to all Jane Austen fans who want a laugh.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviebuff777 October 19, 2016

Great movie for teens and tweens

This movie is a great portrayel of a great book. It does have mild violence( it is a zombie movie) and a passionate kissing scene but nothing to bad. It is not very gory for a zombie movie, and is absolutly hilarious!

Teen, 16 years old Written byketobin August 26, 2016