Parent reviews for Priest

Sci-fi vampire tale has weak characters, heavy violence.

Adult Written bypvtplatypus January 20, 2012

Worse than Legion

Director Scott Stewart has managed to make a movie worse than his last film, Legion. Mr. Stewart is a special effects artist, not a director. Maybe he should stop trying to make terrible movies starring Paul Bettany, who was the lead character in both movies. I can't take another one of these movies. Anyway, parents should know that there is violence, obviously. Some blood and some language. Just please avoid the movie.

Adult Written byDasGinatron November 6, 2011

Meh.

This movie could have been much better. The ending was abrupt and horrible, and definitely left the audience wanting. I would not advise watching this movie with early teens or children. There are some disturbing images and while I did not find the movie scary, I think a younger crowd would.

Parent of a 16 and 18+-year-old Written bysmileymom October 3, 2011

Judge yourself! Very good.

I have seen alot of bad reviews on this but as a parent that is over critical of most and my kids barely get to see anything cause of "content" issues. I was pleasantly suprised!. the opening animation sequence is most definitely too bloody&violent for just about anyone but you can skip or have the kids close their eyes for that bit. the rest of the movie was VERY well done. the did not "give away" the story early on stayed action flow no lags. I applaud everyone involved in the making of this film. I have been so tired of over sexualized over everything movies this was very nice. a change. If the movie is actually "paid attention to" the "point" of the movie is VERY well done. please view pay attion don't prejudge based on the reviews. Very good lesson if paid attention to.

Adult Written bykhan2705 May 29, 2011

an awful mess.

1.5/5

Priest, a western-fused post-apocalyptic thriller, is set in an alternate world -- one ravaged by centuries of war between man and vampires. The story revolves around a legendary Warrior Priest (Paul Bettany) from the last Vampire War who now lives in obscurity among the other downtrodden human inhabitants in walled-in dystopian cities ruled by the Church. When his niece (Lily Collins) is abducted by a murderous pack of vampires, Priest breaks his sacred vows to venture out on an obsessive quest to find her before they turn her into one of them. He is joined on his crusade by his niece's boyfriend (Cam Gigandet), a trigger-fingered young wasteland sheriff, and a former Warrior Priestess (Maggie Q) who possesses otherworldly fighting skills.

Again, this director-actor due brought us a bad movie. atleast LEGION had some story and thrill to it and was a bit interesting, it was bad too but PRIEST is worst than it. thats is like biggest insult for the director and the movie itself, people hated and critics completely panned that movie but whats more worst than calling this movie even worst than Legion? i wasn't willing to see this movie have read the reviews and it is one of the worst reviewd film of the year but i did for a silly summer pleasure. this is kind of a mash up of many genres like a western with Post-apocalyptic world with vampires and religion and some pretty blade runner type of city. movie itself has many cliched things. it just seem like a Resident evil stuff, vampires are awful in it.

move is very short and very slow dull and boring paced which makes you feel even it is shorter than other movies it still seems like an overlong movie like it is being stretched. badly made movie. Director Scott Stewart gave a horrible direction to this movie. worst screenplay with many hollow and emptiness and just pure garbage. very badly written. CGI or visual effects are terrible, vampires and everything else looks bad. cinematography is below average and every other technical thing sucks too.

what was the point of making this movie, i hope it gets a Razzie nomination seriously man it made me angry. Paul Bettany should stop doing these same old Religious/Rebel hero thing it just doesn't work and i am tired of him. acting performances are awful ofcourse but Cam Gigandent, Stephen Moyer (in small role) and Christopher Plummer looks bit of good in their characters. Karl Urban is the main evil villain in it.

the ending scene is the only good thing about it makes you thrill and feel the action but otherwise this movie is a very bad movie. NOT RECOMMENDED at all.

Adult Written byjoshua martinez May 21, 2011
priest is a good action movie but parents you need to know that priest has a lot of Strong fantasy violence and some strong language used.