All teen and kid member reviews for Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Teen, 15 years old Written bybookreader4Christ May 25, 2013

One Of My favorites!

Honestly, I thought this movie was going to be really lame when my family and I rented it. Turns out...it ranks in my top three! I think I've seen it at LEAST fifteen times. POSITIVE MESSAGES The Prince of Persia promotes qualities such as sacrifice, loyalty, bravery, and doing the right thing despite what the consequences may be. POSITIVE ROLE MODEL Dastan is brave, loyal, and strives to do what's right--no matter what. He loves and wants to protect his family and friends. Tamina is a strong woman, being neither a feminist or ditzy or flirtatious. She is willing to make sacrifices for the common good. VIOLENCE Lots of fighting. A few scenes--not overly so--can be gory (there is some blood). Overall, its just a lot of non-stop action scenes, and Dastan pulls off some pretty cool stunts. SEXUAL CONTENT There are some references to how the Persians have multiple wives (Dastan not included), and some women have mid-riff exposing outfits (Tamina included, once or twice). One scene where Dastan is looking at Tamina's necklace, and she thinks he's looking down her shirt. LANGUAGE None. DRINKING One spot where one soldier asks another, "Have you been drinking?". OVERVIEW All in all, a great movie! I hope they eventually make a sequel!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieReviewGuy July 1, 2011

Good for 13+

No language, drinking, drugs, or sex, but there is a lot of sword fighting, some blood, and just plain violence. Good for 13+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy October 11, 2014

I enjoyed it most when I was younger

Prince of Persia is no masterpiece, but it is certainly an enjoyable movie. The first time I watched it I was either 10 or 11, and I really liked it. It has a good amount of violence and blood, with swords, knives and crossbows. Best for teens and up
Teen, 16 years old Written bygilly_boy November 2, 2013

This never happened

If you had actually seen the movie, you would know what I'm talking about. If you think about it, the idea was clever. It does makes sense to have the settings in Persia where sand is everywhere and the desert holds many secrets beneath it's sands. But there is one thing that I don't like about this movie: the characters sucking face when the situation is most dire. That seems to be the problem with a lot of action movies these days.
Teen, 17 years old Written bylotrlove October 19, 2013

Perfect for teens!

There is an awkward time in growing up when you realize that the children's movies you grew up on aren't quite as exciting as they used to be. It's the time when you start to feel ready for older movies, but it's difficult to find films with just the right balance of being just a bit too much for kids yet not quite adult enough to be inappropriate. This movie is the perfect film for that time of transition from PG to PG-13 fare. It has all of the classic elements of a good teen flick: action, adventure, romance, and humor. True, there is a touch of language and some gray areas as far as the characters' views of right and wrong ( a la Pirates of the Caribbean), but overall, this movie is a bright bit of entertainment for a family movie night!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLiveLoveLOL August 14, 2013

Great Movie!

I saw this with my mom and dad when I was ten in the theaters, and I loved it! I bought the DVD when it came out. There is violence, but overall I think it's a very entertaining movie.
Kid, 11 years old March 18, 2013

GREAT MOVIE WITH GOOD INTERESTING PLOT

VIOLENCE: 7/10 Some sword fights, knife-throwing, brief knife in head, some blood, arrows flying, nothing too bad. SEX: 3/10 Some kissing. DRINKING: 4/10 A man asks another man while he shoots an arrow and misses, what have you been drinking? Played for laughs. Some actual drinking. Total: 14/30. Great action-mystery movie!
Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 August 4, 2012

prince of persia

very good movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 March 29, 2012

epic action flick will amaze evryone

intensly violent, with fights, destruction, explosions, and various weapons fill the screen. there is a gory stabbing scene. the chasing sequences are beautiful, and are very Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon-esque.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. February 25, 2012

Interesting story filled with lots of violence.

Violence includes sclicing, sword fights, charecters bitten by snakes, have knives thrown at them, are threatened with there lives, one has his throut slit, and some fall from great heights, or are savagley stabed to death, or hit with spiked whips.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMissAmi December 29, 2011

Amazing adventure movie for all the family!

Very funny. For all the family. Great cast. Only one gross scene ( when the king got poisoned by the cloak) but that was the only one that might freak out children. One or two kissing scenes (but ok for kids to look). I would highly recomend this movie!!!
Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2011

the best!!

A great movie but has lots of stabbing
Kid, 12 years old July 25, 2011

great movie!

I loved this movie! There are definitely no cussing in it and the only reason why it's rated pg-13 is because of the violence. There are some deaths but theres definitely nothing in the movie that would make want to not see because of the violence or something. At first its alittle hard to follow but the ending is really nice where the bad guy is killed and all the brothers are alive again as is the king. There some really positve messages in this movie about how for example you always need support from your family members, help people less fortunate(when king takes in orphan dastan after seeing dastan save another boys life), and to avoid peer pressure. There also some good leaders in this movie.
Kid, 11 years old June 3, 2011

I don't know if it is that much of a kids movie

Wait, hold on a second, is this even a kids movie? I mean, people don't kill each other in kids movies. I once had a pool party and I hated wasting a lame movie than have fun in the pool! I agree with moviefan22, this movie is really boring but then It was getting much better at the end.
Teen, 16 years old Written byteamjacobgirl2.0 May 10, 2011

Okay

Not a bad movie but, not the best. Kind of funny at parts. Is it worth seeing? Well depends if you like Jake Gyllenhaal or not. :)
Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2011

Good movie with good theme and characters although it has violence. Carries positive messages.

I can't say much about this movie, but I think it is pretty good and has a good theme. The violence is scary for kids, but it is all right if you are with your parents. I get puzzled at the part near the end where there is some jump in time, where one second Dastan is standing along side the Glass which contains the Sands of Time, and the next he is standing in the middle of a market square or something like that. Anyway, I think this movie is quite good and is appropriate for ages 9+.
Kid, 12 years old April 1, 2011
Teen, 14 years old Written bytom the pom March 22, 2011

11+

i think this film is good for a various audience, and is good for younger kids aswell as teens.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 6, 2011
i love jake gyllenhaal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byBrianna1995 February 15, 2011

My FAVORITE movie, but not for younger kids.

I am absolutely in love with this movie. It is good for most ages, although quite violent in some parts. Dastan and Tamina share some intamacies, but nothing goes further than kissing. Tamina is a very strong woman character, always thinking of her people as their princess. My little sister has watched it , and she loved it as well. (She is thirteen). It might seem a little dry in some parts, but as long as you listen to the conversations, you will thoroughly enjoy this movie.