Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Project Almanac

Teen time-travel movie is entertaining; some racy stuff.

Parent Written byDan G. January 30, 2015

Too much objectionable content for children, even adolescents.

The language is that which if your child used it, would get them suspended from school (including the f word, a constant barrage of s__t, and the uses of God's name in vain), portrays teenagers drinking alcohol, the teen characters spew sexually irreverent humor, and there is a very clear portrayal sexual intercourse between teens. Spare your children these terrible examples of teen behavior.

Adult Written byLewis1 February 2, 2015

Not for children

This was a fair movie, but not something children should be watching, in my opinion. Quite a bit of foul language and sexual content. I didn't realize it was associated with MTV until we were in the theater. I then understood the crazy camera work, filmed from the perspective of a handheld/phone camera most all the time. I tended to think back to Blair Witch Project from the shaky camera technique. Not a terrible movie, but seems to be made for teenagers. I found myself wondering when it would finally be over. Go if you have nothing better to watch, but don't bring your kids.

Adult Written byFR7_Nelson_SR4 February 8, 2015

I know its Fake but... OMG

This movie is very tense, very awsome, i like and it just gives me lots of ideas, im sure ill forget in a week but... lol i loved it
Adult Written bymovienerd95 February 2, 2015

Welcome to Yesterday

An extremely entertaining and wildly intense film that doesn't disappoint. Content wise, There is some intense scenes with little blood, 1 f word, and a few instances of sexual references. 9out of 10
Adult Written byerica921 April 4, 2015
Parent of a 18+ year old Written byCheese and Bread August 5, 2016

A good idea for a movie but not well made

There is lots of swearing about 2 f words (one is mumbled) multiple f word stand ins like frickin and freakin, and about 50 uses of the s word, and also brief sexual content

Adult Written bytdjones2005 June 23, 2015

I Had Great Hopes

Looks to be a great movie. I watched it for about 10 minutes but couldn't get past all of the swearing.

Adult Written bygoodgirl June 22, 2015

Teen Time Travel.

a movie that is more for teens and adults. a smart boy who builds a time machine and he and his pals time travel, getting even with the bully , passing your exam, drawing a smiley face on yourself and falling in love with the girl.

Adult Written byopenminded_dad February 7, 2015

An MTV Films production is all you need to know

When I saw "MTV Films" in the opening credits, I knew right away it was going to suck and they did not disappoint. From the shaky-cam filming style a la "Blair Witch Project" to the gratuitous sexual innuendo, this one was a bomb from start to finish. It seemed like the whole thing was shot with a GoPro. I thought I was going to see a teen-based sci-fi flick, not a rambling teen romance story. There were a few humorous elements, but most attempts were bad. And although the sexual language was to be expected from 17-18yo's and wasn't too incredibly over-the-top for younger audiences, there was a scene later in the film where the girl comes out of her boyfriend's bathroom wearing nothing but a towel and they talk about having just had sex (he isn't aware, because he came back from the future). It wasn't visually graphic, but that conversation made me extremely uncomfortable, given that my 12yo daughter and her friend were there. After we left, both of them talked about how much they'd enjoyed it, so that was that, although I did let the other dad know what I'd seen as the values and expected standards he has for his family are similar to (if not higher than) ours. I don't intend to overreact, but had I known what I know now, I would've steered them toward a different movie.
Adult Written byayana22wizard June 18, 2015

Great Movie

Romance: there was an iffy scene where to teens talk about sex, and some extra iffy content. I'd say kids should not see that if they're less than 12, at least. There was also brief kissing Action: Not much of action, nothing to worry about Language: The intensity i would say is about 6 to 7 out of 10. All on all, this was a great movie, but it would've been better if they left out the romance scenes

Written byAnonymous June 11, 2015

Adult Written bypastorjk February 6, 2015

Awesome Time travel movie

This was an easy-to-watch cute movie. The characters were adorable and likeable and the story was well written. Very good. Should have been better advertised.