Parent reviews for Promare

Promare Poster Image

Based on 1 review

Surprise masterpiece

Simply put, this movie is a masterpiece. I am not in the least bit sarcastic when I say this is my favorite film to come out this year so far. Coming from Studio Trigger, it contains a lot of their usual trademarks. It's energized, it's frantic, it's action-packed, it's bright, it's colorful, it's vibrant. But on top of that, it's also brilliant, it's heartfelt, it's hilarious, it's genuine, it's sweet, it's touching, it's gripping. Basically, this film has a little bit of everything in it, and it all fits together so beautifully. Behind all the high-paced action is a really engaging story with really likable leads and a great message attached to it all. The characters and their interactions are great. And the main lead is just perfect to me. He's a very good role model but also has a ton of flaws that even he himself is fully aware of and content with. And his relationship with the female lead is handled very well. But of course, the main plot itself is centered around the relationship between him and the leader of the 'terrorist group' he's been hired to fight. I won't spoil where they go with this, but it's a really good twist. And the film has this great blend of humor and drama. Much like many of Studio Trigger's other works, it also contains a lot satire that you just know is purposely in your face. Seriously, the big machine that's meant to stop the film's major threat is literally called 'Deus X Machina'. I'm not even kidding. I guess if there is anything negative I can say about the film, it's that the action scenes do throw a lot at you, like, A LOT, even by Trigger standards. While it's all very well done, there are moments where if you blink for even a second, you might not be able to follow along with what's happening. It's not as obnoxious as Michael Bay's use of shaky cam, but it's still a lot to take in. Nevertheless, I still strongly recommend seeing this, but only if you're over the age of 13.