All parent member reviews for Punisher: War Zone

Adult Written bycallofduty5 July 17, 2011

Title says it all

This is not a sequel to 2004 The Punisher film. In this film The Punisher is portrayed by Ray Stevenson and not Thomas Jane. This movie is extremely violent and gory. There are several scenes of neck-breaking, shooting, stabbing, decapitating, a man gets thrown into an industrial glass crusher, a mans penis( or other entrail) is pulled out and eaten, there's loads of coarse language and some drug use/ sex references i would say this film is OK for 15 year olds but NO ONE UNDER since it's very intense and graphic
Parent of a 15 year old Written byakon135 December 22, 2010
Adult Written byMovie Man January 25, 2010

For Basic Movie Fans: Disgusting. For Hardcore Action Fans: Pretty Cool, and Still Disgusting

I actually enjoyed this over the top, particularly grueseome action flick. I love Ray Stevenson; he's truly awesome (those who have seen the HBO series Rome, or the movies Crique De Freak or the recent Book of Eli will know what I'm talking about). He's the kind of guy you want protecting you, and that makes a good, gritty superhero. The action sequences are stylish and intense, but also EXTREMELY gory. PARENTS: HIGH WARNING: This is an extraordinarily gruesome film, especially for a film distributed by Marvel comics. It doesn't only include the basic shooting, stabbing, hard hitting, and explosions, it contains kidneys being removed from living people and eaten, chair legs impaled through eye sockets, heads being completely or sometimes partially blown off, a man being shredded and frighteningly deformed for the rest of the film, and so much more. Please, PARENTS, if you watch this with curious young film fans, young fans of the comic book, or young teens who are just looking for a good (although beyond bloody)time, use caution. Despite horrific gore, I highly recommend this awesome, if gruesome, film. Thanks for reading - Movie Man
Adult Written byMattF December 17, 2009

perfect for anyone who is mature and knows real from fake. or who has a gut.

I've read punisher comics since i've been a little boy. it shaped what I like today. You can call me rude, obnoxious or whatever other stereotype you get from that comment. I don't care. it's true to fans, and honestly, it's pathetic you guys are freaking out saying it isn't a kids movie. it has a rating of R for a reason.
Parent of a 5, 9, 15, and 15 year old Written bySuperparent123 November 14, 2009

I Went To See This Movie And It Was Brutal

The Glass Crusher Death Was So Bloody. YUCK! Bloodist Punisher Movie Ever!
Adult Written byTwilight July 1, 2009

Awesome Movie, Too much Profanity...

To start off I'd like to say this movie has an inordinate amount of profane language. They literally drop the "F-Bomb" every 5 minutes (Or "M-fer"), halfway through the movie it becomes almost comical because of its frequent unnecessary use. The Punisher: War Zone is also insanely violent, Heads are severed, limbs are blown off, a guy gets blown to pieces by a Grenade Launcher, blood splatters regularly, and a guy even gets killed by an axe (He dies in a pool of blood). I DO NOT recommend this movie for anyone under the age of 15.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byCaleb_Mitchell May 26, 2009

Uber cool. Uber violent, but uber cool.

It's a good movie, it's just unbelievably gory & has way too much language. The drug & alcohol consumption is also crazy & the main character is definitely morally questionable.
Adult Written byilikemusik23 May 1, 2009

The Punsiher Is Back (ADULTS ONLY!)

If you think your just seeing another Punisher movie like the orginal, THINK AGAIN!!! This sequal is way more violent than the orginal with loads and loads of blood and gore. It even made me feel sick a few times. The movie on the other hand is not as good as the orginal but still a fun violent comic book movie for adults. The film also feels more like a Punisher movie which helps a bit. I highly dont reccomend watching it if you have a weak stomach though. ADULTS ONLY!!!
Adult Written byNinjaGuy788 April 19, 2009

Yuck!

This is a decent movie that is just a drop of blood away from being NC-17. This movie knows its limits but does not use those limits. TONS of violence and swears. 18 and up.