All parent member reviews for Quantum of Solace

Parent of a 3 and 9 year old Written byxgame July 18, 2011

The whip hits good and dark.

THE START:Daniel Craig hits again and throws the shot of the detective James Bond,007.This movie goes dark again,you will frickin' love it. ____________________________________________________THE PLOT:After Vesper Lynd dies,007 goes on a mission to avenge her death.With help and company of Camille,an female bolivian agent,they will search those responsable of Vesper's death. ____________________________________________________THE CONTENT:THE BADS ___________________________________________________ MESSAGES:Revenge,murder,and espisionage are main themes in this movie. 2 OUT OF 5 ____________________________________________________ ROLE MODELS:Bond is a spy determined by revenge.Bond is also a tricky,murderiuos guy.Almost no role model is positive. 2 OUT OF 5 ____________________________________________________ VIOLENCE:Constant violence,full of shootings,deadly stunts, lots of murders,bloody fights and scenes,briefly shown scene of a women getting tortured,an knife fight,a brutal chase leading to a brutal fistfight,a explosive scene,a car chase and a violent intro scene. 5 OUT OF 5 __________________________________________________ SEX:Bond kisses two women,once in a sexual scene.Some cleavage. 3 OUT OF 5 ____________________________________________________ LANGUEGE:Some uses of h*ll,sh*t,b*stard,ect. 2 OUT OF 5 ____________________________________________________} CONSUMERISM:Aston Martin,ect. 2 OUT OF 5 ____________________________________________________ DRUGS:Some drugs and alchol. 3 OUT OF 5 ____________________________________________________ OVERALL:TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! OFF 12- IFFY 13 - 15 ON 16
Parent of a 1 and 3 year old Written byNavymother March 29, 2009

I guess a bare vagina isn't nudity any more.

I don't know how they missed, but this movie has vulgar nudity. The girl who is being raped bares a naked vagina. If you didn't see it, you missed it. Trust me, it's there, it just has no hair. Those weren't thighs! Not for my kids- or my husband.
Adult Written byNico9000 March 29, 2009

Ok but shorta boring

Not so bad but a little boring.
Parent of a 8, 23, and 25 year old Written byjaneyj December 9, 2008

More Action than Romance, which makes it GREAT!

Action is always better than watching people make out on the screen. And this is your movie for action. I am glad this wasn't a typical Bond movie because I would not have gone to see it if it was. The reviews on this site let me make an informed decision to see the movie. As for the rape scene, I beg to differ with others, but there is a straight up the crotch shot that looks like bare skin. That scene had no bearing on the movie and was gratuitous as was the bare-backed scene. Wasted time that could have had more action.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byErica Rios December 1, 2008

Not a kid movie; Brosan was a better Bond

Saw this movie over the holiday weekend. I liked the first action sequence, but not quite enjoyable as the Brosnan bond movies. Like all Bond movies, definitely not a kid movie, ok for mature teens.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bysjgillespie November 22, 2008

Not the old James Bond and that's ok

this Bond movie, like Casino Royale, was not fixed on sex. it was fixed on revenge and bitterness and how it consumed one's life; the viewer need not search too far for a message in this movie. in addition to no specific Bond Girl in this movie, the movie was void of silly, pithy Bondisms. it was darker, i agree, but i am undecided if this is a bad thing.
Parent Written by915072 May 13, 2013

Adult Written bycallofduty5 February 2, 2011

no tweens

I like Craig's acting no matter what the fans say the movie is perfect for teens, kinda violent but not too much. But ppl under 15 should have a talk with parents before they see this film
Adult Written by4Spice October 22, 2009

great bond movie

great movie lots of killing worth watching 12 and over
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byJeffro421 April 26, 2009

Don't be so self-righteous, you nay-sayers!

This movie was very, very good - a throwback to the tone of the early Sean Connery bond movies. Those people that post things about inappropriateness for their kids need to take a different approach in how they talk/relate to their kids. It's essentially a cartoon without the animation, and always has been in this series.
Parent of a 15 and 15 year old Written byxmasterxofxmyxd... April 22, 2009

One horrible, horrible movie

let's start off by saying that i am a huge james bond fan, i've seen mostly all of them and i enjoyed most of them (dalton's bond and some brosnan movies sucked), and i loved casino royale, but this movie was a huge disappointment. the acting was decent, but it was crappily done, the editing was absolutly horrible,(i dont mind quick cuts, but this was just unwatchable),and the cinematography sucked even more. i had high hopes for this movie (from the director of stranger than fiction), but when i saw the movie, all of my hope was gone, maybe he should go back to directing romantic comedies.
Educator Written byfif April 10, 2009

Better than expected

I have never been a big Bond fan, but this movie was well done and enjoyable. The length was perfect and the action and story was engaging nearly the entire time. Surprisingly little sexuality for a Bond film, not that there wasn't any, just less than normal. Most teens will enjoy this film, just know your teen.
Adult Written bymoviemadness December 31, 2008

Nonstop Action

Quantum of Solace is chock full of gritty nonstop action and a LOT of violence. The story isn't great (let's face it, it's a James Bond movie!) but the chase and fight scenes are riveting. Parents need to know that the violence really is realistic and brutal. A man beats another man to death in an extended scene, a horrifying rape/murder is described, there are numerous beatings, burings, explosions, stabbings, shootings, and a woman is drowned (rather creatively) in crude oil. Retribution is a major theme, and something to watch out for. Bond does his usual bit of womanizing, but it's mild and nothing compared to most PG-13s. Bottom line: leave anyone thirteen and under at home. It you must have your tween see a Bond, stick with the older ones.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byMer-Colorado November 29, 2008

I don't recommend this movie!

All previous Bond movies start with a great opening scene and have a great song. This had neither. I was disappointed from the start and it didn't get better. My 13 1/2 yr old went with me and neither of us could follow the plot. I don't mind that this Bond isn't a lady killer, but I found this movie indistinguishable from other action movies. I think they lost the Bond charm.
Adult Written byJoe Morris November 19, 2008

Dark, violent movie is exciting and emotional

Quantum kicks ass. It's not as good as Casino Royale but is by no means a let down. Peppered with frantic action and impressive stuntwork it nonetheless manages to fit in an interesting plot into its sleek 1hr 40min running time. Whilst it may not match Casino Royale for emotional depth it certainly beats it for pacing - I wasn't bored for a second. Camille is a weaker Bond girl compared with Vesper but she is servicable and Dominic Greene is a fittingly despicable villain. It's a brooding movie filled with dark touches and Craig's ruthless, physical performance which cements him as possibly the finest actor to play the role. But Bondians put your fears aside; this isn't Bond as we once knew, but he still packs in more than a few one liners, dry martinis and even manages to bag his signature gunbarrel sequence (you'll have to wait for it though!). Having to live up to such high expectations after the brilliant Casino Royale was unfair but QOS confounds expectations; it's better than it has any right to be.
Adult Written byDBarto November 14, 2008

Best Craig Bond film yet... if not the best.

I just got back from the 7:00 pm showing, and it was great. The acting is topnotch, action was great, score was really good. My first concern about Another Way to Die was the White Keys duet, but the edited movie version was actually pretty good. There was some iffy stuff like a bear backed woman, and a shot of a woman's skirt while she was being raped by the villain (she was fully clothed and nothing is shown). Overall a well rounded, well developed film. 5 out of 5.