Kid reviews for Race to Witch Mountain

Sci-fi remake is action packed and intense for a PG film.

Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 March 13, 2010

Great movie, not for little kids. 10+

I saw this movie in the theaters, and it was great. It was pretty violent for a PG movie, though. Someone uses the word "p*mped", and two characters flirt.

Kid, 11 years old September 19, 2010

A sci-fi thriller that doesn't deserve the hype.

This movie is just for the fun of it; as advertised "awesome special effects" didn't live up to it's goal, and in some scenes the explosions look plain cheesy. The main character uses unnecessary violence against scientists who don't believe that keeping the kids captive is a good idea. This movie in my opinion was horrible, not much to describe about it.

Teen, 14 years old Written bystargirl132 March 27, 2012

Great family movie!

This is one of my favorite movies! Great for family movie night. I was very disappointed with the product placement. Bit intense for a Disney movie, but the violence should be okay for younger kids. I think this is a great movie if you want to have a family movie night.

Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2010

GOOD FOR MOST PEOPLE

This movie is pretty good. The beginning is poorly acted, but the rest is awesome. Some of it is violent, but my three-year-old friend watched it, and thought it was great. It is educational in it's own way, you learn the importance of trusting each other in an interesting sort of way. The messages are positive. And the role models are good. This movie is easy to like and very entertaining. I didn't think I was going to like it, but this is now one of my favorite movies.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCrazytazy123 December 21, 2009
I went to see Race to Witch Mountain at the cinema with two 8 year olds who get frightened by very little. They found this film rather scary. The opening bit with the UFO's was creepy and the end bit when the alien took off his helmet was horrible. Deffinately wouldn't let anyone under 10 see it.

Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2014
Nice. Dwayne Johnson was awesome in his role. So were the others. Intense violence.

Teen, 13 years old Written byILuvCandy August 7, 2012

loved it

i remember watching it when it first came out and i rlly liked it!! good for teens and adults too! you will enjoy this as a family movie! It has aliens so if u dont like supernatural things dont watch
Teen, 15 years old Written bygilly_boy May 20, 2012

It's okay

I've watched the original Witch mountain and this one doesn't really have much of a story to it only action, that's all I have to say, not much.

Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2011

Violent movie with positive messages.

Good movie with a lot of violence. Sarah and Seth have a lot of unusual abilities. Jack is puzzled at first but helps the children to get back to their planet. Think so it's a fine-good movie

Kid, 9 years old January 8, 2011
danger , fight scenes , and shootings but no one is killed characters make threats and scene with bullets everywhere is a little scary

Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 October 9, 2010
It was a fairly entertaining film. The alien teens' powers are pretty cool. Like mentioned earlier, this film does have plenty of violence, however no one gets killed. But if a kid likes action films they may be able to handle this one.

Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina August 15, 2010

Heartfelt and Exciting

This movie was amazing, very good for new Disney. Although I'd recomend it for 10 and up, consittering the siphon is scary looking, and there's some violence, like Jack almost hit a man with a metal pole (but it only reached the car) the siphon tries to kill Seth, Sara, and Jack, but of course fails to do so. The aliens believe in peace though, and only fight when nessisary. Jack cares for the children's safety (even though he's a supposed criminal) and goes along with them and is protective of them. There was a train explosion because of the siphon, but it was meantioned the driver was 'banged up, but alive' It was a very good movie, with a lot of good actors and special affects. The only people that would freak is over protective parents. The movie wont scar a child for life, maybe stun for weak ones, but only stun. The music helped with the mood. I admit Dwayne is a dorky actor, but he's pretty good in some cases. I cant believe those kids (Aliens) could say all of those fancy words in such a fast pace. Parents, dont overreact, praise that Disney made a good movie again! Its becoming a rare case ya know.

Kid, 8 years old March 19, 2010

Action PACKED

Some violence. Theres a quick glimpse of an Aliens brain.

Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2010

Ok movie for kids, but kinda boring for me.

Kids 8 and older may like this movie, but to me it was lame, boring, and just plain bad.The special effects were ok in some scenes, but it others they were just plain lousy. The acting is so-so, and it has enough action/adventure to keep you hooked in, but not for long. Definetely not worth a third watch. (I watched it once in the theater and once on DVD)
Kid, 11 years old November 12, 2009

Good for 10 and up

Perfect a little hard to understand for younger viewers and with disney predictability but still amazing

Teen, 13 years old Written byNintendo_DSiXL November 10, 2009

Perfect for 8+

One of the best Disney movies of all time! "Race To Witch Mountian" Is an instant HIT! A little scary for kids 7- A little language like "Your Dead" but is a great movie!

Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviegirl700 January 17, 2019

Great-perfect for kids who love action!

My younger brother loved this-it was fantastic and action-packed, with little violence, and just a fun thrill ride. It's basically about aliens who take the form of kids and are being chased by another alien, so they enlist the help of two humans. It's also fairly clean. Awesome! PS: Young kids can watch as well, although 7+ will really enjoy it more. 2+ for all ages, 7+ to enjoy.
Kid, 11 years old March 10, 2013

Good Sci-Fi Epic

Great action movie for the family, and also tweens. A little intense/scary for younger audiences, though. Should be PG-13. Take your tweens.

Kid, 11 years old April 26, 2011

great for most kids 8 and up

it was the best movie I have ever seen. I do think some parts kind of make you jump, but there is not many scary scenes. I think there is positive messages such as Jack helping Seth and Sarah for no reason and because he protected them no matter what.I also think that even though it has a lot of violence, it really isn't too bad. After all, if it was , I wouldn't have watched it 8 times!

Kid, 10 years old February 28, 2010

action packed for 8 yr. olds

Adults and kids will love it.the reason it has mild violence for fire and alien type shooting.One of my fav movies.