Kid reviews for Rain Man

Drama about autistic savant has profanity, mature themes.

Teen, 15 years old Written bychristian-movie... February 10, 2010

Great, heart-warming movie. Beware of language. Sexual content should not be an issue.

I loved this movie. It is so heart-warming. It is about an autistic man and his brother who takes care of him and finds the true meaning of brotherly love. No violence what-so-ever. The language although is pretty bad. Several uses of f*ck and its variations. G**d*mn is also used several times. Many other uses of other milder profanities. One highly sexual situation. You hear moaning and other noises. You then see sexual movement under a blanket. A woman is in a bathtub and gets out although you do not see any nudity. She is then wearing pants and an unbuttoned shirt with no bra on. You may be able to see glimpses of her breasts. Although the glimpses are so short time-spanned that you could blink to miss it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 April 17, 2009

If Cruise didn't swear so much, this'd be PG-13

Very good movie and deserved Best Picture in '88. Dustin Hoffman's performance was incredibly well done as well.

Teen, 15 years old Written byBlue_Spiderberry May 9, 2009

Kid, 10 years old February 29, 2016

16 your kidding me right

This one of the worst reviews I have ever seen! Rain man is fine for kids my age as long as they know not to use that language then I don't have a problem with it sure there is some implied sex but it is very brief keep in mind it is only R for language and brief sexual content. If kids use the language in rain man just give them a punishment like if I were a parent I would just say you can only watch G rated movies for a month but that is up to you. This is one of the biggest piece of cr-p movie review I have ever seen in my ten year life. But this is just one of the other million bad reviews I have seen on common sense media when I saw that they said 16 I nearly went blind. Parents listen to actual good reviews like mine and other user reviews. Oh and it is an awesome movie five star easy this is one of my favorites come on common sense talk some real common sense.

Kid, 10 years old June 6, 2014

Rain Man needs to be PG-13

The movie doesn't have violence or gore, it has some smoking and swearing. there is only one inappropriate scene that's not graphic

Kid, 10 years old May 22, 2014

Not for Kids

The movie Rain Man doesn't have anything bad except for some bad language and a inappropriate scene. The movie is about a autistic man, Reymond.

A heartwarming, tear dropping film!

I watched this movie when I was doing research on autism. Right after I had finished watchin it I knew that I would always love this movie. the sex scene I didn't think was needed. They may were looking for a way to attract "another" genre in the movie. Some of the language I didn't think was needed. I guess the language wasn't too bad of an issue. They do say "f--k" a couple times. Overall I loved the movie and I recomend it to anyone that wants to see Hoffman at his BEST!
Kid, 10 years old March 8, 2011

Academy award winner

This is a very very good movie it won best picture award at the oscars sorry common sense but this is a academy award winner.

Kid, 9 years old August 2, 2016

We were playing cards

Great movie families should see great movie for anywere anytime any day great and speechless movie wonderful oscar winner

Teen, 14 years old Written byProjektor July 25, 2015

This is very good drama-comedy. This is heartworming and funny. Dustin Hoffman is amazing and Tom Cruise is very good too.

This movie have some sexuality and this is sometimes intense and emotional film.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter March 9, 2014

Inspiring and amazing

Once again like many of my reviews I must ask 16!? Really!? This is one of the best movies ever made. Legendary like Forrest Gump. Something that you will not forget, but that will make memories. No nudity is shown. A few swear words, but not overwhelming like most R rated films. If it wan't for the few swear words, this movie would probably be PG-13. If you want an inspirational movie that will make memories just by watching it, then this is it. If you wait until your child is 16, that's honestly being over protective.

Teen, 15 years old Written byClearastheSea April 27, 2011

Moving.

Though Rain Man has a lot of swearing and some sexuality, the overall message of love and friendship between two brothers who have recently met is moving.

Teen, 15 years old Written bybiovox14 November 26, 2016

Amazing movie, but mature elements.

Ok so yea, I saw this movie when I was like, 7, but thats aside the point, I shouldn't have, no matter how good it is. This may not have that bad of content, but there is brief nudity and the first 15 minutes is made up of swearing. I love this movie, but be very wary of mature content.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKujou Hikari July 19, 2015

A sweet heart felt buddy road trip movie

Reasons for "what parents should think." messages-Charlie starts out as a very unlikeable and ends as a nice guy. Sex- there is one scene where Raymond walks in on charlie and his girlfriend having sex. Swearing-alot of cuss words are used all the ones I know in fact. Smoking-in one scene Charlie is seen with a lit cigarette but doesn't use it. Phew now that we're done with that time to get to the plot. One of the main characters Charlie Babbit sells cars (fyi the film takes place in the 80's) and needs a big bribe for the EPA to get the cars that he's selling on the road. Then we learn his Dad died and Charlie is hoping to get all the money for inheritance (all that leagal stuff) aaaaaand he didn't get it. Charlie goes to figure out who it went to and that's his Autistic brother Raymond. Raymond is an autistic savant (note most savants only specialize in one area) Raymond's ability is memorization. Hijinxs ensue. Charlie figures if he can win custody of Raymond then he'll get all the cash. Charlie plans to take him to California but has to put up with all of Raymond's weird quirks like only flying on Quantis, having pancakes with maple syrup on the table, eating food with tooth picks, reciting "Who's on first" having to watch wheel of fortune , jeopardy and people's court, and never walking outside in the rain.

Teen, 15 years old Written byReviewExpert January 6, 2013

Awesome

Rain Man is an awesome movie. Cruise is a positive role model as he changes through the moview, appreciating Hoffman. F*** is used multiple times and a breast is seen in one seen for less than a second. Hoffman and Cruise play their roles brilliantly.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySpielberg00 August 25, 2011

It would be PG-13 without all the F-bombs, but it's really, really good.

My rating: R for intense depiction of autism, strong language and smoking.

Teen, 15 years old Written byzayzin June 25, 2010

Very good story! Tom Cruses' character starts out as a real jerk. But, then progresses into a great brother later in the movie. Has one brief sex scene. I was very disappointed in the amount of swearing in the film. So much to the point that I regret watching it Primarily, The F-word, which is used very frequently.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJoker912 November 20, 2016

Awesome

Dustin Hoffman gives the best and most realistic performance ever put to the screen

Teen, 13 years old Written byBigGreenMovieMachine July 16, 2011

Best Picture of 1988.

"Rain Man" is a very touching story of two cross-country brothers, one an autistic savant, the other a car sales man. Dustin Hoffman as the autistic is easily one of his performances on screen. And Cruise, well, he does a great job. this film should be fine for kids 12 and up. I would still give it an R for strong language, and a brief sexual scene.
Teen, 16 years old Written by.......2345678900 February 15, 2011