Kid reviews for Rear Window

Hitchcock masterpiece stars peeping Jimmy Stewart.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 December 6, 2009

No "Rebecca" or "Vertigo" by any means

But I still was very much held in suspense. It is a marvelous thing, all these Hitchcock movies, and how all of them were nearly perfect in all senses of the word. Not meant for children less than, I'd say 10.

Kid, 9 years old September 9, 2009

GO ALFRED

YOU ROCK I KNOW YR DEAD BUT YOU STILL ROCK AND I LOVE YOUR MOVIES AND THIS IS ONE OF YR BEST YET YOU RULE (THROWS CONFETTI FOR ALFRED HITCHCOCK)THE SUSPENSE IN THIS MOVIE WAS GREAT THE ACTORS ARE AWESOME TOO (GRACE KELLY!)THIS MOVIE RRRRRROCKS

Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2011

Mind twisting

I liked it, but twiste your mind.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymongofa September 20, 2010

it was good, but i had to high expectations

Jimmy Stuart and Grace Kelly were great! I like how the whole movie played out in the apartment. I was expecting there to be a more thrilling ending but other than that it was good
Teen, 15 years old Written bywho3697cares April 13, 2009
Besides Notorious, this is my favorite Hitchcock film.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMockingjay333 September 22, 2012

I LOVE Rear Window!!!

Rear Window is an amazing movie! I had no idea what the heck it was at first, my mom and me watched it together when I was 11 or 12. But the minute we got a little ways into it, and I really got into it, I realized I really, really love this movie! It's super suspenseful, but not really scary, and there's absolutely no blood showed, but it is implied. One women tries to kill her self by overdose of pills, and there's only a few kisses. Speaking of that, I love Grace Kelly, who plays Lisa. Who else could be so poised and elegant, and yet be able to climb a ladder and be in a struggle and still be so graceful and gorgeous! She is now one of my favorite actresses and Rear Window is now one of my favorite movies!
Teen, 14 years old Written bycharlie.rainbow July 8, 2012

Kept Me On My Toes :D

Very Suspenseful! This movie is a GREAT mystery and it is to be enjoyed by all. However, I did get a little scared at some parts. It is funny and it keeps you up, biting your nails.
Kid, 12 years old August 31, 2010
well if you have seen the movie disturbia it is very similar to it I am a huge alfred hitchcock fan and i have watched all of his movies
Teen, 15 years old Written byNiall's Girlfriend April 12, 2013

Best Hitchcock :)

I love this movie it's my favorite Hitchcock. It's adventurous but not perverted. Barely any of my friends have heard of it having preferred more popular ones like The Birds or Psycho.

Teen, 13 years old Written byParamoreFan09 March 16, 2010

Great family suspense movie

My parents showed me this movie recently. At first I was scared because they told me it was a murder mystery but there is no blood shown at all. A large saw is shown but it is clean. I loved it and it was super interesting! The way it is filmed is really cool and fun to watch because it is showing everything from outside the building. The characters are fun (even though the main character is kinda a stalker), too! Any kid 8+ should enjoy this movie!

Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2009

Great for 10+

As an 11-year-old who can get scared rather easily and who just finished the movie a few hours ago, I think that any 10-year-old would love it. Though I thought it was very suspenseful, and a little creepy at times (such as the rolled up mattress), nothing actually shown on screen was all that scary. I'd recommend it to any kid 10 and/or above for sure!
Teen, 13 years old Written byjowzers April 27, 2013

Great Movie Depending on Child

I saw this movie when I was about ten years old and loved it. It was a bit scary so be aware depending on your child.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJaysnake April 10, 2012
Kid, 10 years old February 6, 2011

MUST - WATCH

Wonderful movie, though the concept of spying on neighbors and murder might be a little much. My little sis (7) was a little bored at the beginning. She was waiting for the murder mystery part. I enjoyed every second of it. (She did too)

Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 September 8, 2013

one of Hitchcock's best, but also one of his most suspenseful

this tense, fast-paced, and overall thrilling movie is one of Hitchcock's better films, along with The Birds and Dial M for Murder. with constant mystery and threat surrounding the 3 characters as they work to solve a murder from a man's apartment, this film will keep viewers on the edge of their seats. but a particularly scary scene and implied killing make this a better fit for older kids. the murder doesn't happen onscreen, but it's clear what happens, with screaming and broken glass. a dog is killed off-screen and we see it's dead body. a man tries to push another man out a window, with the victim breaking his other leg. the scary scene mentioned above includes quietness punctuated by footsteps in a dark room. in lighter scenes, a ballerina dances some sensually in her open room, and the main villain smokes cigars.

Teen, 14 years old Written byictchis May 13, 2017

Underrated hitchcock movie is really Good!!

You should see this movie its a classic i mean come on this is a really good movie. Even tho most people have not seen this you should, its really good. Nothing to scary just the intense on the edge of your seat kinda thrill. Good hitchcock movie!
Teen, 17 years old Written byThe Screen Ninja January 16, 2018

A Thinker

A great murder suspenseful thriller, nothing with gore or anything extremely violent but deaths and injuries are implied. Will keep you at the edge of your seat the whole way through, even though the ending felt a bit flat after a massive climax in my opinion

Kid, 11 years old January 24, 2018

James Stewart and Grace Kelley at Their Very Best!

This is another fantastic and amazing motion picture from 1954, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, the legendary Master of Suspense. This is a great and fantastic film, and I suggest it to all people, who appreciate classic films, such as I do. Please do not watch the humiliating and offensive remake (2007 Disturbia). Rear Window, is an amazing movie and very suspenseful!

Kid, 9 years old May 14, 2010

awesome

It was good

Teen, 16 years old Written byjohnwi312 December 27, 2009

One of the best movies ever. OK for older kids.

I saw Rear Window when I was about 10, and even though it scared me a little, I absolutely loved it. This still remains one of my favorite movies - nail-biting suspense, plenty of quirky Hitchcockian details, and charming characters. A masterpiece!