All parent member reviews for Red Dragon

Adult Written byravenboy April 9, 2008
Adult Written byMovie Man September 6, 2009

Excellent, Horrific Thriller is Better than Silence of the Lambs!

This was a really great film; the performances were uncanny, the storyline was well-written, and the suspense is top-notch. The only reason I give this four stars instead of five is becuase it grows just a tad weary near the middle, but the excellent twist and sequences in the end make up for it. Bravo, especially to Anthony Hopkins and Edward Norton, and Kutos to Ralph Fiennes, Emily Watson, Harvey Keitel, and everyone else in the film! PARENTS: The violent images in this film are quite horrific and almost nothing is left to the imagination.
Adult Written byKato17 October 21, 2011

'Red Dragon' for teens, thoughts from a teen perspective

I actually thought that Red Dragon was a pretty good movie. I saw it when I was 16, and it's still one of my favorites. If you like murderers, stuff like that, if it interests you, then the Hannibal Lecter series is definitely for you. Even if you think the police force looks interesting for your future job, you might want to watch movies like this to give you an idea of things that can happen while you're on the force. Red Dragon is perfect for that because Edward Norton's character confides in someone he shouldn't have, and in the end nearly dies twice, both while working in the field. It can just give you an idea about the worst possible situations, and what you could do wrong or what could happen to you.
Parent Written byPlague December 15, 2009

Red Dragon

Fantasic movie for the Hannibal Lector series! As always not as good as Silence of the Lambs, but very close.
Adult Written byfonzieg April 3, 2015

Better than Hannibal, but still lacks the thrills and quirkiness of The Silence of the Lambs

It's an improvement over Hannibal, but it still isn't as great as The Silence of the Lambs! It has more thrills than Hannibal, and the performances are much better in this movie than they were in Hannibal! But it does not quite live up to The Silence of the Lambs! I recommend Red Dragon, it's a near great movie, but not as great as The Silence of the Lambs!