Kid reviews for Red Riding Hood

Twilight-esque fairy-tale thriller mixes sexuality, horror.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySusie12 February 21, 2019

Too scary for kids

Ok I like Amanda Seyfried but this is too scary for kids to see at all. I saw this and I had too turn it off before anyone else in my family . The reason is that theres too much sex in it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byARIA2004 May 21, 2017

Red Riding Hood

This is a good movie and i dont think it should be a 15 to watch it. It has some violence and has one sex scene. The sex scene is nothing to worry about as your child has probably learnt about it in school.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydannyboy730 February 10, 2016
A totally fine movie, I wouldn't watch it more because it's not my type of movie. It's not really scary, but for some kids it may be a little scary.

Kid, 12 years old March 24, 2014

Mature 11+

I found this movie good. It was violent, a little bloody, but not much gore. Although it's violent, it's still not that much that kids can't handle. One sensuality scene, and one sex scene, but we only see it for less than 10 seconds, and we only see Seyfried's back. Also, this movie is kind of disturbing... Mature 11+

Kid, 12 years old September 1, 2013

Red ridding hood

It has some sexual references and horror themes a little bit of violance
Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2013

One of my favourites!

It's a great movie for teens who love dark fantasy movies.

Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2013

tween flick

This was a good movie hardly scary little e blood and in the attack scene some kissing that's all all and one of th we characters is drunk

Teen, 13 years old Written byMovie lover xx November 16, 2012

LOVED IT!!!

I have seen this movie twice now and adore it. I love modern, dark takes on fairytales (snow white and the huntsman). I watched it the first time with my parents and the second on my own. I can't deal with horrors as i get scared to easily (though i can watch final destination and lesbian vampire killers without flinching). The sex scene between Peter and Valerie made me slightly uncomfitable (excuse my spelling im tired) . The only bit that upset me was when the burnt Claude alive in an elephant statue thing (mentally handicaped boy accused of dark magic after pulling a tarot card from behind a guards ear and then being questioned as to the name of the wolf. obviously not being able to speak he cant say the name of the wolf) then his sister later going to father whatever his name was (sorry i'll edit it later correct my spelling etc...) offering him money and then when he turns it down, she says wait i have more to offer and undressing into her vest top and pants (quite clearly and not very discreetly offering herself to him *wink wink*). However it is quite sweet the lenghts she would go to for her brother but then the way he looks her up and down is what disgusts me. Overall an amazing film and not really any full nudity but 'innuendos'. For mature 12 year olds xx

Kid, 12 years old November 10, 2012

What I Have to Say

Red Riding Hood is one of my favorite movies, and I think that yes it does have a few scenes with blood and yes there is a kissing scene but is not really a horror and its not one of those movies with just sex and stuff in it. So i think its ok for 12 years old and up.
Kid, 12 years old November 5, 2012

not for young kids

this movie is a horror mixed in with a romance. It has bad role models who are selfing and violent. Valerie the main charecter even is trying to run away with her lover leaving her family without help in these dark times. In the movie the father of lucy kills her and kills his mom and tryes to kill Valerie just to protect his seceret. Overall if your kids do se this make sure they know what the characters did was selfish and the main message about giving everything up for those you love in times of need is partly greedy

Teen, 14 years old Written bymetallica July 6, 2012

has sexual references, and loads of violence

there were some 'Close-to-sex' moments...there were lots of violence and as kids they would hunt and kill rabbits.. very little or not at all swearing... they kept on talking about forcing the girl to marry someone that she doesnt want to, and there were a lot of close suspects of being the wolf, and the wolf was no one you would expect to be a wolf

Teen, 15 years old Written byevolinag May 5, 2012

Bad fantasy flick has nothing to do with the fairy tale. Lengthy sequences of PG-13 violence and peril.

"Red Riding Hood" has nothing to do with the classic fairy tale, but rather seems like a bad "The Village"-ripoff (don't get me wrong, The Village is a great movie!).
This movie has bad acting (not even Gary Oldman has good moments), a bad story and not a single moment where it gets the viewers.
The worst thing is, you see how the movie thinks of itself that it is something great and thrilling. This is NOT the case.
There are lengthy brutal scenes of violence, but it is all either implied or very dark. Teens can handle it.
The movie is unintentionally funny and this takes a lot if the intensity away.
Suitable for viewers 12 and up, but absolutely not recommended.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAbbyknowsMovies January 7, 2012

Great Movie, Good for Mature 11+

It's really good. I'm 13 and I think this is a good movie for 11 and up. I disagree with the people who say 'it's too scary for kids younger than 13' Uhmm cocky much? It's not scary it's just something that gets you wide eyed like wooaahhh. I only put the sexual and language mark for anyone who really is not allowed to view any movies with any making out or any bad words. :)

Teen, 13 years old Written bySumBO December 18, 2011

Great Movie!!(:

Great Movie. Amanda Seyfried does a Great Job, Gary Oldman also did great As Always. A Awesome Action Packed romance perfect for Teens and Tweens!

Teen, 13 years old Written byjtoomey55 December 5, 2011

ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES EVER

Believe it or not. I didn't think this movie was bad.i'm 12 and i admit afriad of my own shadow. LOL. This was my first "horror" movie and I was kind of scared to see it but when I decidied if it gets bad i can always leave right? so i saw it and I AM GLAD of it my friends got bored around 60 minutes of the movie. Me and my girlfriend were taking bets on who was the "wolf" and let me tell you we BOTH got a schock when we found out who it really was. I waon't say because i don't want to be the one to ruin the movie. The idea of not tellng who the wolf was great, it put that needed suspense to the movie. I really enjoyed this movie and if people are telling you it's scary, it's not maybe a little creepy but not close my eyes type scary.
PERFECT for those who are new to horror movies and a little scared of seeing one

Teen, 15 years old Written byhayhayknowsmovies November 13, 2011

AWESOME

I thought this movie was really good,but there is a scene valerie and peter kiss and touch each other, and that might not be ok for kids under 11.

Kid, 10 years old November 7, 2011

Thrilling and Great

Great movie, but because of the intense violence and romance, best for teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written bynickchick15004 October 26, 2011

1-10 (5)

This movie has the same old plot as all of the recent "teen movies". Nothing original. This movie is kinda confusing and a little difficult to sit through. The acting is a little cheesy but on the whole a good movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written bynicolemlt September 9, 2011

red riding hood but a bit different from the original story

this movie has a bit of sexual scenes between valerie and peter. it has violence with the werewolf. but i guess its an amazing teen movie like twilight its about love and how you dont always get the exact happy ending like you want it to be. in this movie they do get a happy ending sort of but not exactly like in fairytales. i think this movie is good.

Teen, 15 years old Written bylucylulupark August 26, 2011