Parent reviews for Resident Evil: Afterlife

Resident Evil: Afterlife Poster Image

Evil!

With Monster Hunter released let´s look back at RE Afterlife released 10 years ago. Typical RE movie with hordes of zombies, loud jumpscares, action beef and on for both mature scifi fans and action fans mostly that grew up with old apocalypse movies like Mad Max.

Action packed

Loved the movie. So did my kids. However, it says there is no nudity or adult content. Was watching this with my children and my daughter noticed it before I did. There is a point where a character is reading an adult magazine. You see the front cover and it’s a woman with her breasts exposed. The angle is very weird so it’s hard to see at first. But my kid did notice it and I’m a bit upset about it.

What I didn't see listed....

Nude woman on a magazine page is shown.

Ages 15+

Fourth installment

Iffy for 16+

I love this resident evil movie

I think that Resident Evil Afterlife is A Good Movie!!!!

I think that Resident Evil Afterlife is the best movie in the scifi/horror series. I saw it in The Deer Park Movie Theater in Palatine in 3D. The 3D effects were Amazing! But A Little Gory and its RATED:R (UNDER 17 REQUIRES ACCOMPANYING PARENT OR ADULT GUARDIAN). If you havent seen it then you should if your 16+ or if your Parents give you permission to see RATED:R. And Im glad that there is going to be Another Resident Evil Movie! I give Resident Evil Afterlife 4 out of 5 stars and I Rate Resident Evil Afterlife A Pause:For Age 16+. Good Movie!!!!

Dawn of the dead remake 2010

Not good as previous titles but it was still good to watch Moderate to strong gore. Nothing too explicit but gruesome images So mature 16+

no one should watch this it is a waste of time

horrible movie puts resident evil franchise to shame

Seems more like another episode in a T.V. series than a movie sequel

When a T.V. show has episodes that leave you with cliffhanger endings that go to credits right before the climax, that's understandable. When films leave you with cliffhanger endings that have you leave right before the climax, that's intollerable. Despite some pretty cool action scenes, this movie is not worth your ten dollars at the crowded movie theater. The acting isn't much, nor is the story. Parents: if your teen(s) is interested in seeing this film due to it's long-running stature, be forewarned: there are frequent, very gory scenes with frightening mutants and zombies. characters are torn apart, eaten, impaled, shot, and much more. Lots of extreme peril and tension. There's also some bad language. What I would rate it: R for Sequences of Strong Bloody Horror Violence and some Language. Bottom Line: Unless you have absolutely nothing else left to see, it's not worth your time. Maybe not even on DVD. Thanks for Reading! - Movie Man

Just about what you'd expect from a Resident Evil sequel

I didn't select "too violent" because, come on, it's Resident Evil we're talking about. Of COURSE there's violence. But as these movies go, TOO violent? I'm not sure I necessarily think so. And concerning language, yes, these were cuss words. I always pay attention to that because I HATE it. But watch this movie, then watch some of the other Resident Evils. This one has a lot less language I think. Maybe I need to watch it again. Bottom line, yes it was vulgar and violent, but I'm not sure I can call it "over the top" given that it is a movie about people and zombies killing each other. Was it good? Again, it was Resident Evil. I'm not sure it's supposed to be "good". I thought it was fun, but I like the Resident Evil thing since I played the game as a kid. Know what you're getting yourself into and don't expect Casablanca and you'll be ok! I will note thought that the 3D didn't blow my mind like it did in Avatar, it was a little headache inducing at times.