All parent member reviews for Ride Along

Parent Written byBrowneee March 2, 2014

Not for 13 year olds

You can tell this movie just missed an "R" rating. There is a strip club scene that caught me off guard and there is a crude sexual scene that is very visual and awkward. I was prepared for all the shooting given that it is a cop movie, but I wish I had gone to the movie first and not have trusted the rating. The movie is also a poor attempt at being a Beverly Hills Cop remake. There are a few funny scenes but not enough to pay movie prices. Although there is no full nudity or guts, this movie is not appropriate for kids.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byMovielover02 January 28, 2014

Funny Movie

I thought this movie didn't actually have much s-xual content, the main problem was language: The "N" word, the "F" word, an two uses of p---y. Overall fine for mature 10 year olds.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez February 18, 2014

15 and up.

ride along is a average action/adventure comedy movie stars with kevin hart, and ice cube this comedy movie is fine for your older teens but parents you need to know that ride along has a lot of intense violence and lots of strong language used.
Parent Written byJorge April 29, 2014

Too much profanity and not anything new for storyline

I thought the movie would be really funny given Hart and didn't think profanity would be so pervasive given pg-13 rating; but the amount of obscenities made lines that could be funny inappropriate and uncomfortable.
Parent Written byDuncanDerund May 9, 2014

Ride Along

Great buddy cop movie. Some swears. The only extreme one is " Just Shut The F**k Up. There is a strip club scene with back nudity. Guns include explosions and middle gore. There is a hospitality scene where the main character gets injured.
Parent Written byDan G. January 18, 2014

Too much objectionable content to subject any child to.

This movie was too predictable to be entertaining. Concerning objectionable material, there is way too much to be considered a movie to take (or send) children to. I thought the movie was too rough for it's PG-13 rating, it probably came very close to getting an R-rating. The language is despicable throughout, (if your child was to use this language in school, they would likely be suspended) much violence, shootings, and a couple of the main characters are living together unmarried. There is base humor of a sexual nature as well.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byshawn72 February 15, 2014

Bad Movie

This movie was good up until the scene with Lawrence Fishburne appeared. The movie used Gods name in vain twice when he appeared once used by him and once by Ice Cube. We walked out because of it. The sexual reference in this movie was mild as well. It would have been a better movie if it did not use god****!!
Adult Written byzeekattacklee January 16, 2015

Great film!!

Personally, I would want parents to use there judgement when letting their younger children watch this. The film does contain some questionable content. otherwise, I don’t see anything a mature fourteen year old couldn’t handle.. Otherwise, I really enjoyed it..