Parent reviews for Rim of the World

Rim of the World Poster Image

Signed up just to write this review! Don't bother!

I would give this zero stars if I could! I cannot believe that this is marketed as a kid movie! Way too many sexual references, talk about sex, alcohol use in the beginning by the camp counselors and tons of bad words. Lasted about 20 minutes hoping it would get better, but finally gave up and turned it off. Don't bother. I'm disgusted this is for kids.

2 people found this helpful.

Also signed up just to leave this review and warn others!!

Wow. Had to shut this movie off after about 15 minutes. Should have checked here first. Definitely not appropriate for anyone under the age of at least 16. (Use discretion! I wouldn’t let my 16 year old watch this!) Too many bad words and sexual references. Let our kids be kids!!!

2 people found this helpful.

GARBAGE ! NOT APPROPRIATE FOR KIDS

Honestly, I thought the movie would be child-friendly because the cast are literally preteens (more like middle-schoolers) but then the unnecessary swearing between every conversation began. Those sexual innuendos really made it worse. Really?? kids (13y/old) talking about sex stuffs in a movie? It could be understandable if they were teenagers not preteens. Anyway, don't watch this with your young children. Could be a great movie without those F words and sex jokes. Not funny at all.

Not appropriate for kids

This movie is not appropriate for kids under 16. It’s a lot of cursing and sex talk. There’s bullying scenes. The kids use hard curse words like bitch and fuck. The kids are constantly cursing like it’s just okay.

1 person found this helpful.

Signed up just to warn other parents

Like so many others, I signed up here just to warn others, the same as many others. Had to turn it off after 15 minutes due to excessive bad language and sexual references. This is not a kid movie and if you’re an adult watching kids talk like this for entertainment, there’s something wrong. Within the first 15 minutes, one child talks about having sex with 2 girls, says an alien put his d* in his mouth, an adult female tells a child to “Take it out and put it in my box” and the child thinks it’s a sexual reference (she is wearing revealing clothes and referencing a cell phone after the fact), gross scene where kids hide in a latrine and are urinated on by an adult, numerous racist stereotypes surrounding the black and Chinese characters, gory scenes with aliens killing two adults, and repeated use of foul language by kids in first 15 minutes including the f word. I imagine it will be hard to find full movie reviews from parents because most will not keep it on long.

1 person found this helpful.

Too much sexual reference for kid movie

Our kids were excited to watch since it was in Netflix kids section. Shut it off within 20mins. Too much unnecessary sexual reference and language. Just don’t understand why it was necessary and ruin an good family experience. Just Horrible!! Now watching Karate Kid:)

1 person found this helpful.

Who's the target audience of this film anyway?

BE WARNED. Although the trailer may seem kid-friendly and the lead characters are minors, this movie is definitely not for children. If we were to evaluate the film based on its language, one would never think that this film were made for children and were played by children. Saying that the use of profanity throughout this movie was unnecessary, repetitive, and inappropriate would be an understatement. On the other hand, if we were to solely look at its plot and theme, the movie could easily be classified as one of those movies with extremely predictable story lines.

1 person found this helpful.

Way too sexual for young kids

Like all the others said, this movie is over the top sexual innuendo and from supposedly young teens. I have 4 teenage boys and watched this with my 13 and 14 year old. They were even shocked by some things being said including the language. Thankfully, SOME, of the innuendo went over their heads. Why on earth wouldn’t anyone have stopped this garbage from being aired or made. There is ALOT of language in it also. Mature themes and just less about aliens and more drama about dysfunctional barely-teens. Let kids be kids for Pete’s sake! This isn’t necessary. Garbage!

A joke

Kids were excited to watch this movie and both they and I were disappointed. Why rate this tv-14 when obviously no kids should be allowed to watch this. Why encourage sex at this age? 14 is still a kid!!!

Not for kids under 15

This was a good storyline but too much inappropriate language and sexual references which added nothing to the story ruined it. These are 12-14 year old kids talking about really sexual stuff. It was gratuitous and a shame. We just want movies for the whole family, not 12 year olds sweating every third word.