Kid reviews for Rim of the World

Kids save the world from bloody aliens; language, violence.

Teen, 15 years old Written bygamergrl13 May 27, 2019

Worth a watch. Has Stranger Things vibes.

A lot of people don’t like this movie, but I personally found it enjoyable. There is a lot of suspense and action sequences. The special effects are fantastic! I also loved the main characters. It was great :) They faced their fears and supported each other every step of the way. There’s also a little bit of romance, but not too much. There are adult jokes and there is profanity, so I don’t think it’s something that a 5 year-old should watch.

Teen, 13 years old Written byiiTrxshAxel January 4, 2020

It’s bad and good (let me explain)

Well I personally was ok with watching, and I know a lot of people hate this movie but it’s not THAT bad. Though the ending is pretty bad, it had kids talkin about s*x, there are swear words.
The plot is kinda disappointing than what trailer shows

Teen, 13 years old Written byj0rdan July 5, 2019

Not too much for tweens

This film is pretty good! Yes, it is your basic alien movie but it has some really good role models, such as Alex, who overcomes his fear of heights and stands up to an adult that doubts him. Many reviews say that there are too many sexual references, but middle-schoolers these days have heard it all. There is a lot of cursing, but again, I don't think that is a big problem to your average twelve year old. I was a little creeped out by the dead bodies and the alien that terrorizes Dariush however. I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone who doesn't mind the violence.

Kid, 11 years old June 16, 2019

Misleading trailer

The trailer for this movie made it seem like a harmless story about 4 kids trying to save the world, this is a bit misleading. The movie is filled with swearing, and the film is packed with references and a predictable plot line. Don't watch this film.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymelon10cool June 6, 2019

Really good

This is a great film and I would definitely recommend to teens and adults, however it is not suitable for young children as it contains lots of rude sex references and swear words. But overall it’s a really interesting movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byOkdude9 June 2, 2019

Ummm..

It was ok, nothing special, not original, bad attempt at romance, and unnecessary sexual references that younger kids won't get. Just an ok movie. I kind of regret watching it

Teen, 14 years old Written bysydney.mazzola May 28, 2019

good movie but lots of sex references and language

this movie was way better than i thought it was going to be. i liked the positive messages and role models. but i was very surprised at the sex remarks and the language. there were a lot of crude references that only older and mature kids will catch so i wouldn’t worry about that for younger kids. but the language in the movie is a different story. there were words like “d*ck” and “c*ck” that we’re also used in sex references. i think that it is not a movie for younger kids. i also think that the violence is a bit much for younger kids. the aliens are quite scary and the action scenes are very gory. i think that it might be scary for younger kids. overall i was a little surprised at the sex references and language in the movie. it was more than a normal Netflix movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byYugiohIsKingOfGames July 28, 2020

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!

I love this movie. Sure it has a lot of bad language and has some sexual jokes, but it's still really good. The kids do drink. There is some violence. People's heads get ripped off, and there bones are broken, but it's not that bad. I'm 13, but I think that you should watch this first before letting your kid watch this. If your a strict parent, you may not wanna let your kid watch this.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymurdermystery July 13, 2020

Violence, Sexual Talk, Racism

RIM OF THE WORLD contains teamwork, but has language, sexual talk and crude humor. Parents should be warned about the violence.

Teen, 17 years old Written byPeriodt._22 June 10, 2020

I should’ve stopped watching when I saw washed up vine stars appear on my screen

I had the honor of watching this horrendous hour and thirty minute movie. It was one of the biggest mistakes I could’ve made. I knew we were off to a rocky start when King Bach (a vine star) showed up on my screen. The lines were super cheesy but I guess that’s what you get when you are watching a family adventure movie. Wait is this a family movie? No, an even better question. Who is this targeted to? I’m a teen btw and I wouldn’t let anyone watch this trash. This clearly was suppose to be for elementary-middle school kids just by how the story is set up. But when I say there was an expletive every 5 seconds I am not lying. Not to mention the constant sex jokes that weren’t funny at all. I also have to say that they played into SO MANY STEREOTYPES. You know the quiet Asian girl, the comedic relief black kid, the hot delinquent, and the nerdy science kid. To any writers out there who want to make a good movie quit doing the same thing other writers do. Quite making the black kid the joke! Quite making Asian people quiet! It down right INSULTING! Another thing that was just the icing on the cake was the kid with number dyslexia. Who ever wrote this movie clearly knows NOTHING about number dyslexia. When ever they tried to talk about his issue it was so cringe. All in all the writer needs to go back to the drawing board because this was a train wreck!

Teen, 14 years old Written byBiewerlover May 13, 2020

Targeted for a more mature audience, but in general a good movie.

I watched this movie a while ago but I personally enjoyed it. It did have some questionable scenes including a lot of foul language. Looking past all that, this was a fun movie. NOT for young children or easily frightened teens. The overall message was sweet and the main characters were easy to root for. Older children will like the alien themes and comedic humor.

Kid, 8 years old May 4, 2020

Good but not for kids under 15

Good but very bad language like the F word the B word the Sh word the H word the A word P word DI word and C word and they talk about sexual stuff and a lot of violence so I say 15

Teen, 15 years old Written byMaisie.W.04 April 4, 2020

I LOVE THIS MOVIE

i love this movie , i think its a good concept carried out by a great cast that mixes humour and social commentary in a fantastic way
Teen, 13 years old Written bytaetae December 7, 2019

I mean, it's not that bad...

Ton's of cursing and sexual innuendos, but honestly, middle schooler's have heard it all. Adults are acting like kids are little angels, so that's why they don't like this movie, but its not that bad. And its not that scary either. The only time I got scared was when ZhenZhen was chased by those alien dogs and Dariush had to go back into the car for the key.
It was waay far fetched sometimes, like when they drive a car even though they're supposedly 13, but honestly, I liked the movie. We watched this for family night, with my mum, uncle, adult cousin, and younger siblings (10 and 7). The younger kids didn't understand the sex stuff, but the adults found it funny. All in all, I liked this movie, it's not as bad as the adults on this site make it out to be, and its worth you checking it out!
You shouldn't watch this around parents if they're stuck up or anything.

Kid, 10 years old November 16, 2019
Kid, 7 years old October 24, 2019

rim of the world is amazing

me and my grandpa whathed it and we loved it iv seen it 3 times now and i still love i realy hope they make a part 2

Teen, 17 years old Written byjustpeachycaroline October 21, 2019

I've watched it atleast 17 times now

Being almost an 18 year old my word might not help but I absolutely loved this movie! I believe the movie would be for older teens. Not the type of movie to watch with the parents unless your parents are really chill like mine! Best of luck <3

Kid, 12 years old September 9, 2019
I personally really really enjoyed the movie, I thought it was really good. Yes, I know there was some sexual references and some swearing, so I think you should be mature enough to watch this.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySkylife0007 September 6, 2019

Not what I expected

There was a whole lot of super real sexual references, violence, and a couple racist things toward black people. The aliens are really realistic looking, and there are pretty scary parts in the movie. This movie may be for kids under 16 if their parents think that they are mature enough for it.

Kid, 12 years old August 16, 2019

Nothing Kids Don’t Know About

all kids over the age of 10 probably know about all the inappropriate things they talk about and the drinking. the movie is about aliens and a group of very different kids becoming friends yet parents don’t let their kids watch it because of little things. like their language and the drugs. the only reason i say 12 and up is because sometimes smaller kids freak out at swearing.