Kid reviews for Rio

Vibrant bird tale is part adventure, part love story.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAlpha_Female May 4, 2011

perfect all round film :D

i loved Rio when i went to see it in 3D, i think that there might be a few bits where kids might get scared but all in all i thought it was Great!

Kid, 11 years old April 24, 2011

Vibrant bird tale is a win-win for kids and adults!

This is one of those movies where you see it, and then want to watch it a hundred more times. The storyline is great. The characters too! It is also a very colorful movie full of samba and pizazz. The only thing that might be bad for young children is that in some scenes men and women wear semi-reveiling clothes. And in another couple of scenes, they joke about mating. There is violence, but it is extremely mild. Besides that, the movie is phenomanal. It is a good movie for learning purposes too. It might get some kids interested in Rio. They might want to visit Rio too. I say, let your kids watch it to get them interested in something besides TV and videogames. LOL!

Kid, 11 years old May 21, 2011

I love you Rio!!!

Very cute movie, I like Pedro, he is the black and red bird.

Kid, 12 years old April 13, 2011
***May contain small spoilers*** Rio is the story of a bird who saves his species and learns to fly and makes some great firends along the way. Firstly,I don't understand why people are saying this is violent. It's NOT. Secondly as well as being enjoyable this movie made me think a lot about Brazilian culture and endangered species and I think it would do so to any kid of an age to understand those concepts. The first and last scenes are amazing (if momentarily sad). I would recommend this to people of all ages.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymylibrarycardworeout August 10, 2011

Fun for the Whole Family!

This was such a cute movie. I really did not think that I was going to like it but I have to say that it was quite good. It was cute and there was a positive role modeling. The birds in the movie worked together. I think that this is such a good movie and great for families. It was funny and it will keep the whole family entertained.

Teen, 13 years old Written byILoveCSM April 13, 2016

Good Visuals in a Bird Love Story

This movie is okay for ages 6 and up. This movie is basically a bird love story. There is some violence, peril, and some mild suggestive themes. But the plot is pretty original, the songs are really catchy, and the birds are pretty lovable. The characters are interesting, and the movie gives a pretty accurate interpretation of what Brazil is like.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMovie_Expert March 23, 2014

Amazing Movie

Would recommend to all the family! Really sweet movie and would recommend to everyone. Although it has some people in skimpy outfits (it's Rio, what do you expect?) and I would be careful if you have particularly sensitive kids because of the freaky cockatoo but otherwise a great movie for kids of all ages.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviesbooksapps April 27, 2012

rio...

I am 13 and I chose to do this movie for a school movie review I think the songs were very catchy and it makes me want to go to rio. I think there is a good message about stepping out of your comfort zone. the only thing that could of made it better was less about carnival and more humor.

Kid, 10 years old December 25, 2011

awesome, but a few stuff

even though it was awesome, i say sexual stuff in the carnival parade, violent smugglers, one use of "hell" when the bird doctor tries to make blue fly in linda's library. it still has positive messages and positive role models.

Teen, 15 years old Written byspixmacaw101 May 20, 2017

My favorite movie!

This is the best movie there is in my opinion. The colors, the music, the storyboard, just everything! I love birds too. Which makes this the best movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written bygurly98gurl August 2, 2011

Great for any age.

I LOVED this movie and I'm 13. My friends also loved it and they're 12-14 years old. Even my older cousin loved it and she's 20!

Teen, 15 years old Written bypoohangrybirdbobfan1 December 7, 2016

Great if you need a break from Barney

If you, or any other parent is getting tired of Teletubbies and Barney the Dinosaur, this is great alternative to both of them! Like Teletubbies, it features bright, colorful graphics and like Barney, it has plenty of music both toddlers and parents will enjoy. And the birds are color-coded, which makes them easy for kids to recognize. It also feature the voices of George Lopez (Rafael the Toucan), Jesse Eisenberg (Blu, Jewel's boyfriend) Anne hathaway (Jewel, Blu's girlfriend), and plenty of other great voices. However, I would like to not that Nigel the Cockatoo can scare some children (I got scared of the Noo-Noo sucking up Laa Laa's ball on the Teletubbies, and I'm still scared of it at 15!) but you should be able to rewind through it. Overall, great for any toddler who loves bright colors and music (Parents will enjoy Rio as well!)!

Kid, 11 years old November 14, 2011

30% adventure + 25% love story + 45% epic = rio

A very good movie that I actually saw in Spanish with English subtitles (in Spanish class) and a very heartfelt one. Rio is sort of the Romeo and Juliet of animated bird comedy movies, and it's even mentioned once or twice in the movie. There is more sexual content that appealing and expected, lots of skimpy outfits and even one lady dressed in a birdlike bikini that shakes her feathered tushy. A beach ball with Blu and Jewel on it also bounce off of a female's butt, which is considered inappropriate. Two birds make out, and Blu and Jewel share a kiss as they fall through the sky. *SPOILER ALERT!* But there are many good messages in the movie, and it's not just about adventurous lovebirds. There is also some slight cussing in the movie, like several "shut up"s muttered by smugglers. A good movie if you can take several hits...

Kid, 10 years old August 7, 2011

Sad

I didn't really love it.

Teen, 16 years old Written byfriendlykidreviewer July 17, 2011

Excellent movie that teaches cultural and moral foundations :)

Rio is an excellent film about believing in yourself, and about loyalty and friendship. I'm 17 and after leaving the theater, I put Rio in my top 3 all time favorite animated movies. I love how Blu and Jewel work pass their differences and find compromise in the end. Jewel represents the freedom every single person wants. The side characters (Rafael, Nico, Luis, and Pedro) symbolize how friends and positive support and even a little samba can make a shy, and alone person blossom into a open, social person (aka Blu :D ) The only negatives to this movie in my opinion was the outfits of the people in Rio at the beach and Carnival. Although it is Rio, and Carnival is more about costumes and celebration then anything negative. All in all, Rio is an excellent movie with great themes and I loved it!

Kid, 10 years old June 28, 2011

Rio

*Violence- Pause- Cartoon Action and Peril. * Sexy Stuff- On- Some flirting and some sensuality. * Language- On- Rude language. * Drinking, Drugs, Or Smoking- On- None. * The good stuff- * Educational Value- 4 out of 5- Kids can learn all about birds, trying to keep animals safe from smuggling, and kids can also learn all about Brazil, including the Rio Carnival. * Positive Messages- 5 out of 5- There are a couple of messages, like, Broadening your horizons, believing in yourself, helping others even if its dangerous, caring for the beautiful animals in our midst instead of stealing and selling them for profit, and that no matter how difficult your life is, you can still make good choices and turn your life around. * Positive Role Models- 5 out of 5- Blu, Jewel, Linda, Tulio, and Fernando are good role models. This movie is really good!!

Kid, 11 years old May 27, 2011

Watch Rio whenever you can!

Rio was a really cute movie. The only bad parts were probably: 1) Bird Smuggling 2) Costumes were very tight and short for the carnival It also teaches you to face your fears - but I'm not going to go into depth on that in case you want to watch it! It does say "stupid" and "shut up" but eventually your kids are going to say it anyway, and those words revolve around people so much that it doesn't hurt people as much anymore. And most kids know that those words aren't very acceptable. I definately recommend this movie! Watching it in 3D is amazing as well.

Teen, 15 years old Written bypiegus May 21, 2011

OK for me, great for my brother

I saw it yesterday on www.kidsmovieland.com and I think it was only ok. Maybe I'll try to go to the theater to see it in 3D and that may make some difference but don't have money so had to see it online free. My little brother (6 yo) saw it with me and he loved it.

Kid, 10 years old May 10, 2011

Love IT

It was a really good movie. It's perfect for toddlers because of all the bright colors and upbeat tunes. Awesome

Kid, 11 years old April 20, 2011