Kid reviews for Robin Hood: Men in Tights

'90s slapstick spoof has lots of cursing, innuendo.

Kid, 10 years old May 9, 2021

Fine Robin Of Loxley adaptation with Mel Brooks charm.

It is good, but beware of some innuendo and language, slapstick.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNonsensical_Reviews January 17, 2021

Innuendo-filled Mel Brooks' spoof that will make you laugh.

Robin Hood: Men In Tights is a 1993 comedy movie directed by Mel Brooks and starring Cary Elwes, Amy Yasbeck, Richard Lewis, Roger Rees, Dave Chappelle, and Mark Blankfield.

Language(3/5): “S**t”, “damn”, “piss”, and “a**” briefly. In one scene, after being whipped, multiple prisoners give the middle finger gesture at once.

Sex(3/5): Lots of innuendo, including "your lizard is limp" (a reference to an erection), a playboy magazine seen, a rape attempt, jokes about breasts, virginity, circumcisions, and more. A chasity belt is a main plot point with the female protagonist, with a character trying to jackhammer his way into it.

Drinking, Drugs, And Smoking(1/5): Drinking is referenced several times.

Violence: Slapstick violence.

Positive Messages: None.

Positive Role Models And Representations: Silly characters don't really have much redeeming qualities.

Quality(opinionated): A bundle of great sight gags and visual jokes that isn't perfect but is definitely funny.

(My rating)
PG-13
For brief language including a scene with multiple rude gestures, suggestive material, and sexual references.

Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2020

Really Funny!

This is my favorite movie EVER! I first saw it when I was about 10. There's lots of innuendo, such as when one man says "Your lizard seems limp." But kids won't get it. 100% recommended!

Teen, 16 years old Written byJWIII December 4, 2016
Teen, 14 years old Written byMelBrooksFan June 28, 2016

Good, but not the best

Like the title says, I like this movie fine, it's just not my favorite of Mel Brooks' films. It's still funny, though. It's got all the goofiness of a typical Mel Brooks film, it's just not as intelligent as most of the others. You'll probably still laugh and have a good time, though. I don't have too much else to say about it. Just be warned that "Men in Tights" has some swearing and lots of sex jokes, and a little bit of violence, but that last part is pretty tame.

Teen, 16 years old Written byWeirdAlYankovic January 16, 2015

Bad movie with one bad actor.

Evan Chandler is the worst actor in this movie.

Kid, 10 years old June 8, 2013

Not violent, but has language

Robin Hood: Men in Tights is isn't very violent. In one scene, there is a sword fight and a character is stabbed, no blood shown, and a witch saves him. One hanging scene, but no one is killed in the hanging. Sex and language is what you need to be concerned about. Marian wears a chastity belt, and it is often shown in scenes. In one scene, a cop takes a drill and attempts to break the chastity belt. Robin Hood and Marian flirt a lot. There are some swearing, but it is pretty mild ( Nothing more than "cr*p" and "p*ss"). Some jokes like telling a man he "grew some fine bo*bs" I hope this review helped.

Kid, 12 years old January 6, 2013

hallarious!

I think this movie is hallarious! However there is lots of sex-realted jokes a humor; however, i think that it is hard to do a robin hood movie, without some violence and sexy stuff.

Teen, 15 years old Written byevolinag May 19, 2012

So-so spoof has some sex jokes, nothing too strong

"Robin Hood: Men In Tights" is an attempt to turn the infamous Robin Hood story into a comedy. Even though director, actor and writer Mel Brooks is a man who used to make fairly funny comedies, this one here is propably his weakesz. The movie starts with a rap song, propably aiming at younger generations, but fails at humour.
Also, the movie ends with a reference to another Mel Brooks movie, an attempt to win viewers.
Some of the jokes are funny, but most of them are just okay, and some are even predictable.
It is okay, but Mel Brooks used to make movies that were billion times better.
The movie features references to sex and virginity, and feautures images of chastisty belt, a reference to male cirumsition. Nothing too strong.
Robin holds his sword near his crotch and in shadows it looks like he would have a ridiculously long penis.
Some swordfights, but nothing you wouldn't expect from a PG rated movie.
Tweens and up.

Kid, 12 years old March 16, 2012

good

Its a good movie I realy think its not that bad for little kids because they wont get it it is worse for the older kids that get it

Teen, 14 years old Written byMerlinFan August 2, 2011

LOL ~Laugh out Loud~ LOL

This was a hilarious spoof movie I really enjoyed. But pretty much all the jokes were sexual. Nothing too intense for a mature 13 year old, but !definitely! not for an 11 year old. Great!

Kid, 12 years old November 14, 2010

Hold the phone! Racial stereotypes? Can't you take a joke?

Ok, this movie was really funny. And I mean roll on the floor funny. It did have some high brow humor, but it made me respect it! Now, about the racial stuff I mentioned in my title. Yes, it is a stereotype of African Americans, Jews, Englishmen, and... wow. That's a lot... Still, while I would not expose a young child to this, a more mature audiance can have a laugh right? That is what the film was made for! As the title says, the legend had it coming!
Thanks for reading!

Kid, 12 years old December 6, 2009

Too sexy for 8 and 9 yr olds

OMG!!!! I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!

Kid, 11 years old October 18, 2009

iffy for 11+ but still a great movie

I think it is a great movie but it is very violent and it is old timey it is also filled with tons of sneakying and trickery!

Teen, 14 years old Written bysweetie1025 September 25, 2009

Not for little ones? I say 10 and up is fine

This movie is really funny!

Kid, 11 years old April 26, 2009

Hilarious,good to watch when you have nothing to do

This is a funny movie but isn't really worth seeing,I liked it and would watch it again. It has some sexuality

Teen, 17 years old Written bycopperzinc April 7, 2009

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek222 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bywookiepie93 April 9, 2008

I don't get why this got a bad review!

I think that this move was hilarious especially the seen about the Godfather. I highly recommend this!!!!!!!!!