Parent reviews for RoboRex

Sci-fi family flick has some violence, tween taunting.

Based on 1 review
Adult Written byStephens W. October 13, 2016

Loved it

I loved it. It even has the Farscape Famous Ben Browder in a fairly major role! The reason I made this review was to say that the Kid's mom didn't die. If you paid attention to the movie all the way through, that was pretty clear. The movie literally ends with them saying "Now I have a map to find my Mom!" In the beginning of the movie, IT SEEMS like she died, but when the kid gets asked about it, he says "I don't know. She disappeared the day after she gave me this necklace" . Granted, in real life, people would need to come to terms with the fact that she's probably dead-- but this movie isn't real life, and in the movie, she's clearly somewhere and alive. The only concern I guess is about the dog that dies but then he gets transferred to the robot and everyone is fine. Its just really weird and raises that whole question of "are they really alive or not", and "where did their soul actually go", if you're thinking of the dog as a human. Of course, I suppose that 's a good conversation to have with your kids something, it promotes deep thinking and understanding. It just seems it might not be the best for the youngest of the young, because they might get confused about certain facts of life. That depends, though, as it might not matter and it might go right over their head, kids aren't too prone to think about things for a long time anyway, but since the dog basically dies, you never really know. They might get some weird idea like "Oh, can we just transfer someone's consciousness to a robot when they die?" I don't know. It also has, I believe, Neelix from Star Trek: Voyager! He plays the bad guy mad scientist. Without his makeup, he's nearly unrecognizable, I was just about to look up the name to make sure it was really him. If you listen to the voice, though, you can really tell it's him, not to mention his style of acting the character he portrays. He's so good at playing those eccentric, funny-voiced, unique types!!

Adult Written byNilus April 16, 2016

Better than I thought it would be

A repeat watch
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byHendo H. U December 28, 2017

Ok. But better then people say.