Kid reviews for Robots

Endearing "follow your dreams" story with plenty of laughs.

Teen, 17 years old Written bywormamugodofworm December 2, 2018

The Dark Side of Robots | Ethical Issues within Robots

Watch out, parents. Robots is darker than you think. Within this film, we see a depiction of slavery and issues regarding the ethics of sentience. Thought slavery was abolished? You thought wrong. Within this film, copious amounts of slavery can be seen. Beside madame gasket, we see robots strung up, clearly ignoring basic morals regarding workers in the workforce. We also see examples of enforced indentured servitude. These robots are "born into their work" and don't have the freedom to leave their job, except in death, which is the very definition of slavery. Some kind of progressive society we live in, allowing children to be exposed to these darker themes disguised as "good fun" is highly unethical and should be condoned by American society. Furthermore, when is something deemed sentient? This goes back to the theme of slavery. In the beginning of the film, Rodney creates a robot that only has one job that it has to do without question. The problem with this is that this creation can think for itself and is clearly sentient in nature. The problem isn't with this scene's contents but with how it's portrayed. The small new robot is shown happy, which is the very definition of propaganda. No sentient being would be "happy" with what they're told, unless they were brainwashed to believe so -- or PROGRAMMED. Come on, Blue Sky. You know better than to brainwash our children, our creations. I encourage parents to think twice before viewing this film with their children without having an extensive conversation about the darker themes of slavery in modern society and issues regarding the definition of life.

I ................

you and your family have to buy or rent it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i laughed so hard

it was so funny i'm getting it soon
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe April 21, 2013

Many little kids will love; but many teenagers may not like this movie

I remember when the robot that ate the voice box and imitated Darth Vader. That scene brings back bad memories from when I played an 2001 Star Wars videogame one time.

Teen, 14 years old Written byiluvcupcakes12345 September 24, 2015

Amazing, Funny Film

I love this movie! I have since age 6 or 7! It has a really good message that you shouldn't give up and follow your dreams. It does have a few rude words like 'booty' and 'fanny'. It also does have some funny parts that little children won't really get like 'making' a baby at the start and Fender wearing a skirt at how it is wrong. This is one of my favourite films as I love the message and the funnyness. I would say its for children age 5 and up. You really need to buy this film!

Kid, 4 years old August 29, 2011

Pavel

definitely not for kid 5 years old! Very scary situations, my son got terrified, even I was little bit scared, anybody who wrote the recommendation is so wrong in judgment. Movie is very good, but definitely for much older audience than 5 years old!

Teen, 13 years old Written byHotaru Chan March 16, 2011

Well...

I have nothing against the movie or anything, but to be honest, it was too forgettable. I saw this several years ago when it came out, and I only remembered it now because of an advertisment I saw on TV. I think I remember it being okay, but like I said, too forgettable.

Teen, 14 years old Written bylalahammy November 19, 2010

Robin Williams and Halle Berry have done better.

This movie is great for little kids, but it's very forgettable. It's got famous names in boring roles. Halle Berry's character is especially forgettable, with only a few lines of dialogue, and she's supposed to be the female protagonist. Robin William's character is supposed to be the "comic relief" but I just found him annoying. There were no funny parts except for the Britney Spears robot dance, which would be giggle-enticing for little kids.

Kid, 12 years old May 19, 2013

HEROIC!! COMEDY FUN!! GOOD LIFE LESSONS!!

Me, and my mom loved this movie, although they have some mild violence and mild language, still a good movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written byPotatoTaco99 June 1, 2013

Downright Hysterical for All Ages!

Contrary to what you may automatically assume about this silly kids movie, "Robots", it's actually quite entertaining for all ages! When I was little, I adored this movie, but hadn't seen it again until recently, and I got a whole new view on it. It's one of those great films which has not only goofy, mild slapstick puns for younger audiences, but some sly adult humor slipped in as well. At age five, you may find yourself giggling at the wild roller-coaster-esque public transportation in Robot City, but seven years later cracking up at Rodney's parents "making" a baby (a kit arrived in the mail for them to put together their infant son) and Fender's hysterical cross-dressing. This film contains mild adult-ish humor that will honestly go over younger kids heads, so don't fret about it. It contains a very positive message of staying true to yourself and standing up for what's right, and is simply enjoyable for everyone. :)

Kid, 10 years old March 30, 2013

dont watch

boo and when i mean boo i mean boo. like there lots of sexual behavor in this movie

Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2017

Have a dirty joke!

In the scene when the mother and dad gonna built up the robot she says thats the good which means sex

Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 July 31, 2012

robot on

no words to say but great movie love the soundtrack

Educational Value
Teen, 14 years old Written bypurplefloyd2 April 9, 2008

Cute and hillarious! watch it now!

This movie was very funny, and the cast did it a major justice also. See it A.S.A.P.!
Kid, 9 years old March 24, 2018

It is super educational

I kinda like the movie. But there is a lot of pollution, butts, farts, & creepyness, I like it still but i would not downrate this movie for its groosness

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpeckledhyena January 15, 2018

Funny and heartwarming movie with an inspiring lesson

I first saw this movie a long time ago, and I thought it was funny and quite inspiring, and it's still a favorite of mine today. It's a quite underrated film, and definitely one that may need a sequel. To get the gist of it, what should you know about this movie before you see it? It's a very good movie, with quite great animation for a 2005 film, and some very lovable characters. Additionally, it's nice to see that it has such a nice message on perseverance, courage, and other related concepts. Of course, there's some over-the-head jokes in it, which I didn't realize until I rewatched it in December 2016, such as when Rodney asks everyone "Who wants to be fixed?" and a robot dog gets nervous, and when Rodney's parents found the "extra piece", though as mentioned these jokes will probably just go over young children's heads. There's also some scary scenes in it, so it's best to be sure you know what you and your kids can handle, though there's nothing really severe in this category either, as I watched this movie when I was very young and wasn't too scared of it.

Kid, 12 years old November 25, 2015

Great!

It was funny! Not as good as the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie, but good nonetheless. However, there's bathroom humor (e.g. an arm farting scene) and one robot had a really big butt but great! Yours, Goatworlds.

Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2014
I enjoyed this movie.

Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus April 26, 2013

Really good!

Really fun movie!

Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2012

Boring.

Watched this when I was little... it was boring. 'Nuff said. -Samantha (chocolatecake123)